Re: Ticket office

George Street-Bridge wrote:/switches on Harps one-thought-per-line mode/

It seems quite simple.
We had a functioning shop and ticket office at Rodney Parade.
Currently we don't.
All it ever needed was a brief explanation of why.

/Harps mode off/.
It's quite simple ....
The WRU want to sell all of that end of RP and don't want us using the shop/ticket office when they want all of that area emptied and flattened .
Either they don't want us to , or we can't come to an arrangement to share the Dragons shop/ticket office .
They didn't like us being in there when we first moved in . Some of the staff even refusing to serve County fans .

Well my experience yesterday summed it up. Ordered my Mansfield tickets online - to collect from ticket office. Travelling back to Newport for a day trip and overnight stop (I live away) so decided to call into RP to pick up tickets. Turned up - County ticket office closed - went to Bisley ticket office. Needless to say staff there were not helpful telling me that Neon was selling tickets but were closed today but they might have the tickets in the shop in the Kingsway. Thankfully I had Jeff C's number and called him and confirmed that the tickets were in the shop. By the way - the ticket office number for the club goes straight to answerphone.. This really needs to be sorted out - especially for those supporters who do not live in the Newport area. If it wasn't for people like Jeff C I dread to think.....Jeff - thanks again! :cheers:

Good Morning!
One week to go to the big kick off and the excitement is mounting!
I always try and get to the first two games of the season, one home and one away.
As with others living away from Newport a little bit of extra effort is required to sort this. As usual first point of contact is to ring the ticket office. As Mr Figo states this is not working. I also rang the old ticket office number at Rodney Parade and they didn’t realise football even existed anymore.
Luckily because of previous dealings with Jeff C I had his number on my phone. I sent him a text message explaining my desperation!
About an hour later he rang me back on his own phone and sorted out my six tickets for Mansfield. This was Thursday and they arrived in the post this morning (Saturday)
Without doubt the efforts of Jeff and other committed volunteers are seeing us through this difficult period. It is easy to criticise when things appear not to run as they should be and hopefully things will improve soon.
I think Mansfield away was a first game of the season a few seasons back?
Was a great day in the sunshine, didn’t we win 4-1 or something similar?
Anyway it forms the main part of a weekend visit to see our daughter in Nottingham, even the wife is slightly interested!

Phil in Npton

Good morning Phil. Glad you got your tickets. I hope the ticket office issue all gets sorted soon.

Mansfield home was the first game of the season a couple of years ago as well. There must be something in the computer database about Mansfield first! I remember it well. I got asked to leave the Lamb in town as I didn't realise it was the away supporters pub at the time. Friends I was with thought it was hilarious :oops: The thing is, they'd only come with me for the Status Quo concert nearby. The joys of being an exile eh!