Re: Amond

owlsaway wrote:Looks like amond is definitely on his way to Plymouth the bid has been accepted
Ffs mate, what a daft thing to say. No substance at all. You have just given ammunition to the people who defend the 'club defenders'. They will be able to say that they have been accused of lining their pockets. I suggest you delete this immediately.

pembsexile wrote:
owlsaway wrote:Looks like amond is definitely on his way to Plymouth the bid has been accepted
Ffs mate, what a daft thing to say. No substance at all. You have just given ammunition to the people who defend the 'club defenders'. They will be able to say that they have been accused of lining their pockets. I suggest you delete this immediately.
Saying a bid has been accepted for a player (who pretty much everyone is agreed we'd do well to get that money for, so sounds like it would be a good deal) doesn't suggest anything about where the money is going, never mind anything libellous like others have suggested. Hopeless logic. Especially when the club (apparently) needs a chunk of money to pay some bills.

SJG99 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Saying a bid has been accepted for a player (who pretty much everyone is agreed we'd do well to get that money for, so sounds like it would be a good deal) doesn't suggest anything about where the money is going, never mind anything libellous like others have suggested. Hopeless logic. Especially when the club (apparently) needs a chunk of money to pay some bills.
Hopeless logic. Yes, it does appear that way from what I wrote. The original post has been amended. He originally talked about where the money was going and I won't repeat it on here. That is what I was referring to in my reply. I am glad he amended his initial post but my reply seems odd now.

Re: Amond / Argyle after Amond / Transfer Speculation

Here's a wild hypothetical for forum users who think we should be be looking to move away from Rodney Parade. And I stress it's entirely that. I'm not in any loop, I'm beyond bored stiff with boardroom infighting and I'm not even guessing what's going on in the background.

If we could raise enough money this window to get started on our own ground by selling our best players, but it would be overwhelmingly likely to see us relegated, would you say go for it?