Re: NEW SIGNING - TODAY?

Exile 1976 wrote:Still not confirmed by the club though.

@NewportCounty
Following Following @NewportCounty
More
We are aware of media reports about a loan signing for the Exiles. Both ourselves and the parent Club will be releasing a full statement on Monday. #OneClubOneCounty

SJG99 wrote:County have just updated Facebook with

"Newport County AFC
4 mins ·
We are aware of media reports about a loan signing for the Exiles. Both ourselves and the parent Club will be releasing a full statement on Monday. #OneClubOneCounty"

I can't see anything from Bristol City about it either, they released an article about 8 players going out on loan earlier today and Semenyo was on there but Bakinson wasn't.

That article has been updated as originally it was 9 players going out on loan and Bakinson was one of them. I read it.

"Newport County AFC
4 mins ·
We are aware of media reports about a loan signing for the Exiles. Both ourselves and the parent Club will be releasing a full statement on Monday. #OneClubOneCounty"

I can't see anything from Bristol City about it either, they released an article about 8 players going out on loan earlier today and Semenyo was on there but Bakinson wasn't.
When I pasted the link on the messageboard, it said 9 players and Bakinson was joining us, as Exile 1976 says, the article has since been updated.

Either we are both awaiting to announce it Monday, or for some reason it has fallen through and that will be announced on Monday.

Ugo. wrote:

"Newport County AFC
4 mins ·

When I pasted the link on the messageboard, it said 9 players and Bakinson was joining us, as Exile 1976 says, the article has since been updated.

Either we are both awaiting to announce it Monday, or for some reason it has fallen through and that will be announced on Monday.
Yeah spotted that on the other thread.

I can't see any possibility that there will be a JOINT statement saying anything other than that the player has signed. If he doesn't, there's nothing to announce, certainly not jointly!

Clearly it's a done deal and for once Bristol City jumped the gun, not us.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Can't be that, Monday's the 30th. I'd rather we moved on from Labadie. I'd be alarmed if we pulled out of a firm deal with a Championship club who could be a valuable source of further loans to fit him in at the last minute.

More plausible that Bristol have had a further offer.
And yet Bristol announced the deal. Think it’s more plausible the player and his agent are looking at other options.

Bush wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Can't be that, Monday's the 30th. I'd rather we moved on from Labadie. I'd be alarmed if we pulled out of a firm deal with a Championship club who could be a valuable source of further loans to fit him in at the last minute.

More plausible that Bristol have had a further offer.
And yet Bristol announced the deal. Think it’s more plausible the player and his agent are looking at other options.
Or just simply that the paperwork couldn't be processed in time. Perhaps the FAW registration bods finished early on Friday.

Would be interesting to see whether he is "still on trial" this afternoon.