Statement

Looks like Robs suggested statement will not be forthcoming
Let me stress this is not having a pop at Rob as I think he is doing a marvellous job under awful trying circumstances
So the poll cannot be analysed until late September.
Why?
2 Directors resign.
No retail sales at the ground tomorrow
Still No reason why or again why ticket sales can only be done via Kingsway shop.
We know you the board are having serious problems with the WRU but come on we are not supporting a team from North Korea
The whole saga is making Newport County our precious club a laughing stock
Sad times

Re: Statement

jollysuperstar wrote:So the poll cannot be analysed until late September.
Why?
“We are now in the process of analysing the data and will be holding a public meeting on Thursday the 20th September (venue to be confirmed) where we will share the results and outline next stages.”

Colin we all know that already
Why would it take nearly 2 months to analyse the data from 750 responses
I think the majority of us trust members need a proper statement now
Some things cannot be stated if negotiations are going on but the silence is a total embarrassment
Clearly the old guard do not wish to change the lack of openness
60 years supporting this club and very sad times currently

guest101 wrote:
Skate Exile wrote:Rats off a sinking ship. Can’t help but wonder who will be next.

both had served 3 years and 2 years. why don’t you put up or shut ? Come on you have all the answers

Rob ( think i’ll be next ). **** it
It would have helped to have put that in the release - 2 years plus in a voluntary office which brings with responsibility and no doubt stress is more than enough for many.

Rob you are a communicator get it more positive!

Thanks rather than the rats comment is more appropriate

jollysuperstar wrote:Colin we all know that already
Why would it take nearly 2 months to analyse the data from 750 responses
I think the majority of us trust members need a proper statement now
Some things cannot be stated if negotiations are going on but the silence is a total embarrassment
Clearly the old guard do not wish to change the lack of openness
60 years supporting this club and very sad times currently
My point was the statement doesn’t say anything about taking until September to analyse the data but the next steps and plans need to be out in place. Surely you’d want to know what the next stage looks like? People have openly said on here they couldn’t make a proper choice without knowing what each option actually looks like. All the options require a strategy, time to meet with people, research and then 2 potentially a sequence involving a certain percentage of members to vote to move forward. Members need to know how that looks and you must remember the majority of the board all work full time, we’ve just lost 2 for reasons around their careers. In my opinion it’s better to have that nailed down and to be shared than give something that’s open to interpretation and benefits no one.

That’s my opinion you’re entitled to yours, but I’ll leave it at that.

CTWD

Willthiswork wrote:Damned when they do - damned when they don't!

Can't wait until the kick-off in the first league game, we can get back to moaning about players.
Well said.
Lets not be impulsive and impatient about the way forward. Our very future may well depend on fully inform and well considered decisions

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Can't wait until the kick-off in the first league game, we can get back to moaning about players.
Well said.
Lets not be impulsive and impatient about the way forward. Our very future may well depend on fully inform and well considered decisions
For a change! :grin:

To be fair we have gone through a MASSIVE change recently with major staff changes as well as a new batch of directors.

We nearly went out of the league then had a great FA Cup run. We have had our difficulties but also some great days.

Let the people that we voted in do their job and employ people to do the jobs that need to be done.

None of us have the hindsight superpower but if you want to say, "I told you so..." later to feel smug (about nothing) then do it.

I for one hope we take the appropriate time to analyse the data and make sure we have a comprehensive view, after all, this could be the most important step the club takes since we became a fans owned club. We have to get this right - sadly we are in an era of instant reports and results. I admit I am worried but lets take the time and not rush things...

Willthiswork wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Well said.
For a change! :grin:

To be fair we have gone through a MASSIVE change recently with major staff changes as well as a new batch of directors.

We nearly went out of the league then had a great FA Cup run. We have had our difficulties but also some great days.

Let the people that we voted in do their job and employ people to do the jobs that need to be done.

None of us have the hindsight superpower but if you want to say, "I told you so..." later to feel smug (about nothing) then do it.
Agreed, excellent post.

With two vacancies on the Board, what an opportunity for a couple of perpetual moaners to get themselves elected.

Who are these perpetual moaners then Cornish
You are as bad as AGB
Everything has changed from key board warriors to perpetual moaners
Heard the wind is blowing northwards so with a bit of luck you will arrive on time tomorrow if you are coming
This is a forum you know for opinions.

SJG99 wrote:I love that fact that the club is basically run by volunteers but some people on here expect them to be able to chuck together a statistical analysis at a moment's notice.
Far from it
7/8 weeks is not a minutes notice
To be fair I have no idea who would do the analysing
Would it have to be out of house to get somebody with experience to sum it all up

jollysuperstar wrote:
SJG99 wrote:I love that fact that the club is basically run by volunteers but some people on here expect them to be able to chuck together a statistical analysis at a moment's notice.
Far from it
7/8 weeks is not a minutes notice
To be fair I have no idea who would do the analysing
Would it have to be out of house to get somebody with experience to sum it all up
There's a major UK governmental statistical agency in Newport, and I know we have fans who could put the club in contact with someone who could process the stuff in their spare time, though tbf as they might only want some bog standard graphs and will have already decided what narrative they want to put around it to go in the chosen direction, I should think it's more a matter of just getting someone to spend a day or so tabulating things - if they'd put it through SurveyMonkey or something they'd already have all the results tabulated.