Re: Statement

Constructive criticism is, nevertheless, criticism and I’m sure it can become overwhelming at times. It can then become demotivating. If the directors do read this forum, as some say they do, then it can’t do their self esteem much good. Yes they are beholden to us to do a good job but, as owners, isn’t it in our interest to give them the motivation to do a good job.

As whoareya has already eloquently pointed out, and perhaps picking up on what Kevinmoorefellover has just written...

No, it doesn't take 6 weeks to count votes. What it does do is it takes time to analyse the results, to plan the various ways forward given the results, and to discuss them at board level (so the directors are prepared) before they can be presented at a meeting where lots of questions will/should be asked. How many full board meetings between now and then? One, two perhaps? Hence the likely reason for the meeting date (bearing in mind we also have league and cup fixtures to fulfil midweek between now and then).

As to the WRU situation, ever heard the saying "no news is good news"? So here's hoping! But seriously, we are consistently told we will be told things when there are actually things to tell. It is obvious, for whatever reason, we cannot yet be told anything (commercial confidentiality, not wishing to upset the landlord, discussions still ongoing, whatever, ...). Yes, perhaps we should be told officially that we are in discussions with our landlords and we will be told something when we are able to report anything. (But then I think we have effectively been told that already.) A monthly communique would be nice, though, even if it just says "Nothing to report this month".

As one Teddy Roosevelt Jr said:
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
And I always like the sentiment espoused by this one from a Wayne W Dwyer (whomsoever he may be... a US self-help advocate it seems):
A non-doer is very often a critic – that is, someone who sits back and watches doers, and then waxes philosophically about how the doers are doing. It's easy to be a critic, but being a doer requires effort, risk, and change.
Does this mean you can't have an opinion? No. There are ways to express them, but at times such ways seem lacking on this MB.

Cornish Exile wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Bye for good hopefully
Unfortunately, he's likely to pop up under yet another user name

Surely it is better, that unless they post offensive comments, we have a wide spectrum of people and viewpoints on here?

jollysuperstar wrote:Apologies but I cannot ignore the last 2 comments
Whoareya Would I get your vote
AGB Its only 10.35 let's just see eh
Me and my mates you couldn't make it up could you?
Basically **** the door
Of course the regulars will open the door as they need to get items which normally would be available at RP
Like I said the last thing I want is to take over a thread but when hit with this type of response it's difficult to ignore
Please If there is anyone else out there on my wavelength I will leave it to you to respond to AGB as its a lost cause bye for now
We have a fan base of over 2,500 and It is just after 9pm, what exactly were you expecting?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Basically **** the door
Of course the regulars will open the door as they need to get items which normally would be available at RP
Like I said the last thing I want is to take over a thread but when hit with this type of response it's difficult to ignore
Please If there is anyone else out there on my wavelength I will leave it to you to respond to AGB as its a lost cause bye for now
We have a fan base of over 2,500 and It is just after 9pm, what exactly were you expecting?
What are you on about?
Think Pembs is still waiting for about a dozen answers from you
Looking forward to your replies

jollysuperstar wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Basically **** the door
What are you on about?
Think Pembs is still waiting for about a dozen answers from you
Looking forward to your replies

Do you forget what you type ? You said it is 10.35, let's wait and see , I took that as you were expecting overwhelming support from your fellow warriors.

Apart from the guy from Skomer island, it has hardly been forthcoming has it.

You are pathetic AGB
How many contributors on here not the total county Fan base
Fellow Warriors
Have you been watching Mad Max
Pembs still waiting for a reply
Gavin had a word with you yet?

Colin Faulkner wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Colin we all know that already
Why would it take nearly 2 months to analyse the data from 750 responses
I think the majority of us trust members need a proper statement now
Some things cannot be stated if negotiations are going on but the silence is a total embarrassment
Clearly the old guard do not wish to change the lack of openness
60 years supporting this club and very sad times currently
My point was the statement doesn’t say anything about taking until September to analyse the data but the next steps and plans need to be out in place. Surely you’d want to know what the next stage looks like? People have openly said on here they couldn’t make a proper choice without knowing what each option actually looks like. All the options require a strategy, time to meet with people, research and then 2 potentially a sequence involving a certain percentage of members to vote to move forward. Members need to know how that looks and you must remember the majority of the board all work full time, we’ve just lost 2 for reasons around their careers. In my opinion it’s better to have that nailed down and to be shared than give something that’s open to interpretation and benefits no one.

That’s my opinion you’re entitled to yours, but I’ll leave it at that.

CTWD
Hear, hear!

Not often I post but just wanted to say a couple of things.
1. As to the WRU relationship, clearly it is not where it needs to be, but if trust members are in the dark with no clear transparent statement of current status, then yes it will continue fuel a cynical and negative response from many on this board. My advice is lay bare absolutely everything at the meeting on the 20th.
2. As a Commercial director of many years standing in International trade and financial services my biggest concern is that on the commercial side of the house it APPEARS that the club are making every possible mistake they can. The ability to create a consistent and secured income stream (of whatever level) is crucial and the fashion in which ticket, merchandise and sponsorship channels are administered here is quite astonishing. Rule 1: do NOT alter or adapt your income streams without full communication to your customers in advance, and only with certainty of benefit.
3. If I was a player right now.... with only days until the start of the season I’d not be packed with confidence about the structural security of the club, and the conveyance of that confidence RIGHT NOW, is the boards priority.

AmberRundgren. wrote:Not often I post but just wanted to say a couple of things.
1. As to the WRU relationship, clearly it is not where it needs to be, but if trust members are in the dark with no clear transparent statement of current status, then yes it will continue fuel a cynical and negative response from many on this board. My advice is lay bare absolutely everything at the meeting on the 20th.
2. As a Commercial director of many years standing in International trade and financial services my biggest concern is that on the commercial side of the house it APPEARS that the club are making every possible mistake they can. The ability to create a consistent and secured income stream (of whatever level) is crucial and the fashion in which ticket, merchandise and sponsorship channels are administered here is quite astonishing. Rule 1: do NOT alter or adapt your income streams without full communication to your customers in advance, and only with certainty of benefit.
3. If I was a player right now.... with only days until the start of the season I’d not be packed with confidence about the structural security of the club, and the conveyance of that confidence RIGHT NOW, is the boards priority.
Excellent points, extremely well made. Also a good example of constructive criticism without the need for personal insults

For Alan G Bryant. The man from Skomer Island eh? Skomer is a remote island way off the coast of Pembrokeshire. For you to compare me to Skomer indicates to me that I have got under your skin a little. Excellent, that pleases me. Perhaps you think that as I live in remote Pembs my opinion is not as valid as those that live in the Newpôrt area. Well, you are wrong on that one, my opinion is valid and I will continue expressing it.

As for your post where you refer to the 9pm timing, jolly superstar put his original post up at 10.35am so I really do not understand your point there. You got that one wrong.

Anyway, I would rather be known for having (supposed) links to Skomer than be known for suggesting that the County finances can be compared to that of running a car.

If you are representative of the Directors who do not communicate then we are in serious trouble. Some suggest that you are a Director yourself. I don't think you are but you certainly appear to be their mouthpiece. That really concerns me.

At least the new Directors, Ryan C, Rob Sant and Kevin W sometimes post on here, thank goodness. If anything happens to them then the consequences could be too awful to contemplate. I wish you and the 'other' Directors would wake up for goodness sake.

P.S. This 3 replies to a post rule is seriously doing my head in. :evil:

Edit at 9.10. I have just seen Rob Sant resign post. Oh dear. The culture in the club is hopeless. Dreadful.