Meeting planned for SEPTEMBER....

I have made a stand alone topic for this. Can I ask that the Moderators please do NOT merge it into another thread.

It appears the survey data is being looked at.
I'm guessing, and it's ONLY guessing, that the words "next stages" indicate that there may be a large swell of opinion towards the abandonment / modification of the ownership model. It was stated that in such an event, a formal vote would be put to TRUST MEMBERS ONLY. It was further stated that in order for such a vote to be adopted, a 75% majority would be required.

If it IS to go to a vote, and I stress IF, I would hope that a qualifying membership date would apply, so that one would need to have been a member before a certain date to be allowed to vote.

So, I don't know whether I'm barking up the wrong tree, and I do stand to be corrected in the fullness of time, but for now, if you haven't already, GET YOUR TRUST MEMBERSHIP UP TO DATE..... you may need it.
In the event of a vote if there is one, and I stress if, my guess is that Trust members would vote in favour of the Trust model.... but who knows.
We can debate forever the length of time taken to analyse the results, but then things are busy I guess....but for me, those words "next stages" may indicate a formal vote coming up, possibly around November.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... st-update/

Re: Meeting planned for SEPTEMBER....

newgroundrodney wrote:I have made a stand alone topic for this. Can I ask that the Moderators please do NOT merge it into another thread.

I'm guessing, and it's ONLY guessing, that the words "next stages" indicate that there may be a large swell of opinion towards the abandonment / modification of the ownership model. It was stated that in such an event, a formal vote would be put to TRUST MEMBERS ONLY. It was further stated that in order for such a vote to be adopted, a 75% majority would be required.

If it IS to go to a vote, and I stress IF, I would hope that a qualifying membership date would apply, so that one would need to have been a member before a certain date to be allowed to vote.

So, I don't know whether I'm barking up the wrong tree, and I do stand to be corrected in the fullness of time, but for now, if you haven't already, GET YOUR TRUST MEMBERSHIP UP TO DATE..... you may need it.
In the event of a vote if there is one, and I stress if, my guess is that Trust members would vote in favour of the Trust model.... but who knows.
We can debate forever the length of time taken to analyse the results, but then things are busy I guess....but for me, those words "next stages" may indicate a formal vote coming up, possibly around November.

I have no reason or information to contradict anything you;ve said. I do find it sad however that only 750 could be bothered to complete the survey. Not even a majority of regular attendees.

Re: Meeting planned for SEPTEMBER....

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I have made a stand alone topic for this. Can I ask that the Moderators please do NOT merge it into another thread.

I have no reason or information to contradict anything you;ve said. I do find it sad however that only 750 could be bothered to complete the survey. Not even a majority of regular attendees.
only 18% of the Trust membership voted in the elections IIRC, which is why a qualifying date is needed so 'johnny come latelys' dont sign up just to queer the result.