Re: NEW DIRECTORS WANTED

County-at-the-races wrote:
Fourthousand wrote: - I hate the pseudo pandering to mouthy keyboard warriors like banned Stan.
I'm not pandering to Stan if anything we will never be friends, but he's a County supporter and a fcuking law barrister and I believe he deals in 'non criminal' law so hey surely he should know the ins and outs of what can and can't be said in a public environment.
There's are too many elements that just aren't right, and they can't all be linked to a non disclosure matter. If it is and as I've said before, then we really are up shit creak.
So with 4 days before the first game of the season, I hope the latest master plan isn't to hope for a good win on Saturday to buy some more time before telling us, because that's how it's starting to feel.
I'm still wondering why Rob, that great advocate of openness and transparency hasn't put us in the picture, now that he's is free of the restrictions of being a Board member

Fourthousand wrote: - I hate the pseudo pandering to mouthy keyboard warriors like banned Stan.
I'm not pandering to Stan if anything we will never be friends, but he's a County supporter and a fcuking law barrister and I believe he deals in 'non criminal' law so hey surely he should know the ins and outs of what can and can't be said in a public environment.
There's are too many elements that just aren't right, and they can't all be linked to a non disclosure matter. If it is and as I've said before, then we really are up shit creak.
So with 4 days before the first game of the season, I hope the latest master plan isn't to hope for a good win on Saturday to buy some more time before telling us, because that's how it's starting to feel.
I did suggest Stan could use his knowledge of law to help the Club,and as he is retired,he would have more time to do so.His excuse was,law is fluid and as he is out of the loop,he couldn't be sure that he knew what he was talking about.He did say that I or the Club could give him £10k so he could learn all the latest law changes on line.Then he would get insured again for a fee of £2k so if he still gave us bad advice,he wouldn't be liable for any loss.In other words,he is happy to give his views on here and on his new one man show,but not to help in a positive manner and assist the Club.

jollysuperstar wrote:Percy
Bit unfair when he cannot answer you
Imagine in a court only the prosecution is allowed to speak
Get him back on here
Month for outing a fella who forgot he had a brother is gobsmacking
I'm sure he will answer when he comes back.You may have seen that particular post where if you had,you would agree that my recollection of events are accurate.

Percy plunkett wrote:
I did suggest Stan could use his knowledge of law to help the Club,and as he is retired,he would have more time to do so.His excuse was,law is fluid and as he is out of the loop,he couldn't be sure that he knew what he was talking about.He did say that I or the Club could give him £10k so he could learn all the latest law changes on line.Then he would get insured again for a fee of £2k so if he still gave us bad advice,he wouldn't be liable for any loss.In other words,he is happy to give his views on here and on his new one man show,but not to help in a positive manner and assist the Club.
Stan is right - I work in the profession myself and one thing you realise over the years is that you never "master" the law as it is constantly changing and evolving. I would say that the legal right of all trust members lies in the root document which is the constitution. I have to admit I've not had a look as I have been too busy but someone mentioned 20 trust members indicating what would effectively be an EGM to discuss club matters...

Figo,I'm sure you are right,all of us never stop learning in our chosen professions.Stan is so sure of himself on here and telling us what should have been done.He then always has an excuse of why he can't give any help.In this instance,if everyone were afraid to make a mistake,then no one would step forward and our Club would not exist.