Re: Rob Sant resigns

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:FWIW, Rob also states that Gavin Foxhall is a very hardworking director for us.
I'm actually concerned now we could end up in the situation whereby we don't have sufficient 'volunteers' to stand for election, if indeed the continuation of the trust model is the choice of the supporters recent survey. If that isn't the choice, being naturally pessimistic, i don't forsee any business investors either.

That's the problem. It's all well and good us fans wanting a part business part supporter owned club, but what business in their right mind would take this club on with no ground / no money?
Businesses invest to make money, how they going to make money with this club?

JonD wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote: I rang him before he resigned for a chat
Hmm. Coincidence? ;)
What are you on about
Rob freely gave out his mobile on the forum
If you bother to go back to Friday I could tell he was getting heated in his replies on the forum so I rang him to say try to chill a bit
Our conversation is just that
Ridiculous to insinuate me talking to Rob would affect any decision he made

excessbee wrote:If I knew what 'self kudos' was I might be able to answer.
I think it is a martial art whereby the proponent uses deflection and confusion tactics to confuse their opponent's thus causing them to either i) take non combative measures and run for the hills or ii) be drawn into a fight and eventually end up being tied up in knots.

Fourthousand wrote:
excessbee wrote:If I knew what 'self kudos' was I might be able to answer.
I think it is a martial art whereby the proponent uses deflection and confusion tactics to confuse their opponent's thus causing them to either i) take non combative measures and run for the hills or ii) be drawn into a fight and eventually end up being tied up in knots.
...like that fella Harps used to do when he was a poster on here before being banned.

jollysuperstar wrote:I thought it meant
KUDOS - VERY HAPPY WITH ONES SELF

Self - Do I need to explain that to you
Ps Where have you been hiding

Apologies if that is not what Kudos means
Never heard of the words self kudos put together. My understanding of KUDOS is the high standing, status or esteem in which a person, thing or belief is held.

excessbee wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:I thought it meant
KUDOS - VERY HAPPY WITH ONES SELF

Self - Do I need to explain that to you
Ps Where have you been hiding

Apologies if that is not what Kudos means
??? Don't understand the 'where have you been hiding' comment.
Excess that's simple
Haven't seen much of him on here lately so asked "where you been hiding"
Not sure why I needed to explain that but there you go

The Board have posted this statement today:
Director Rob Santwris has tendered his resignation to the Board of Directors. This has been reluctantly accepted.

Whilst Rob has only served as a Director for a short time, since being elected, he has made a positive contribution to the Club.

The Board of Directors wish to place on record their thanks to Rob for his valuable and enthusiastic contribution.
I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that's pretty pathetic. If someone resigns criticising you for a lack of transparency, you really should have the sense to put out a statement that dispels that accusation. Instead, they've just reinforced the opinion fans have of them and intensified the criticism.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:The Board have posted this statement today:
Director Rob Santwris has tendered his resignation to the Board of Directors. This has been reluctantly accepted.

Whilst Rob has only served as a Director for a short time, since being elected, he has made a positive contribution to the Club.

The Board of Directors wish to place on record their thanks to Rob for his valuable and enthusiastic contribution.
I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that's pretty pathetic. If someone resigns criticising you for a lack of transparency, you really should have the sense to put out a statement that dispels that accusation. Instead, they've just reinforced the opinion fans have of them and intensified the criticism.
I don't think Rob accused anyone of that. I suspect that the more likely scenario is that Rob was elected on a mandate of transparency and after joining the board was made aware that there is a lot of information that can't be shared because of legal reasons.

This compromised him because of the transparency mandate and he realised that it was untenable to continue. Thats what I deduce from Rob's statement and the board's reply. Of course we can all think the worst if we like but I prefer to make a sensible assessment without getting knickers in a twist.

BTW I think Rob Satwris is a huge loss to the board.