Re: Rob Sant resigns

Exile 1976 wrote:
Threadbare wrote:The rather strange thing here is that 2 directors who have served for some years resign with a gentle ripple caused on this board. Another director who joined more recently leaves and it appears that the world has come to an end.
I know none of the 3 involved so not motivated as to looking after mates etc, but doesn't it seem to be a rather unbalanced response ?

Probably because the two resigned due to work commitments (apparently) but Rob resigned because he couldn't get the Board to be transparent
I’m sure you’re right about that but being capable of thought and at least some reasoning I suspect ( but don’t know ) the two had other issues too as it’s a bit of coincidence that they went at the same time some weeks ago and we only find out now.

I did wonder the same about the fact we only found out now about resinations a couple of months ago. The work commitment thing could be correct, but smacks a little like the "to spend more time with my family" response when MP's etc go.
Anyway, not long until we can start to talk about the football again.
Anywhere in the table finish for me as long as we don't get threatened by a relegation battle this season.

Few thoughts
Rob resigned on Friday evening
For goodness sake that's a big step yet contributors of an unofficial forum are now demanding he tells them why he had enough and quit
Give the fell a a break
It's the weekend he has a life apart from County with I believe various things going on in private life
I rang him before he resigned for a chat which he has told every one on here to do.
He even stated he would be in the marquee Saturday obviously before he made his decision
He had the politeness to ring ring me Saturday to tell me what he had decided
What other directors would give out there phone number and invite total strangers to have a coffee
Please get off the fellas back.
It's simple ring him and sure he will tell you what he can
But why not leave it for a day or two
The other directors left some time ago for what reason I have no idea but doubt if it was work commitments
Listen directors working with Gavin and Shaun have been leaving since day one
Jb was the first
I have plenty of time for John but he got so much grief off clueless contributors
Wattsy and Alex I believe had to ask Gavin permission to wash their hands not literally but that appears the set up
A couple of unelected board members plus GF & SJ run the show
Anybody know what they actually bring to the table apart from self Kudos
Answers on a post card please

excessbee wrote:I keep looking out for this news item to appear on the BBC news broadcast. Has anyone informed them?

I think the real interest in his resignation, isn't his resignation per se, but rather, what beans he might spill in the process. That's what we're really concerned with. I hope Rob will be as candid and detailed as he is able.

jollysuperstar wrote:Few thoughts
Rob resigned on Friday evening
For goodness sake that's a big step yet contributors of an unofficial forum are now demanding he tells them why he had enough and quit
Give the fell a a break
It's the weekend he has a life apart from County with I believe various things going on in private life
I rang him before he resigned for a chat which he has told every one on here to do.
He even stated he would be in the marquee Saturday obviously before he made his decision
He had the politeness to ring ring me Saturday to tell me what he had decided
What other directors would give out there phone number and invite total strangers to have a coffee
Please get off the fellas back.
It's simple ring him and sure he will tell you what he can
But why not leave it for a day or two
The other directors left some time ago for what reason I have no idea but doubt if it was work commitments
Listen directors working with Gavin and Shaun have been leaving since day one
Jb was the first
I have plenty of time for John but he got so much grief off clueless contributors
Wattsy and Alex I believe had to ask Gavin permission to wash their hands not literally but that appears the set up
A couple of unelected board members plus GF & SJ run the show
Anybody know what they actually bring to the table apart from self Kudos
Answers on a post card please
I think you are confirming a lot of people’s suspicions about what is happening.

jollysuperstar wrote:
G Guest wrote:Rob Santwris has resigned from the board before. Nothing new here.
Another pathetic comment
This is a factual statement. I don't why you think it pathetic. What is pathetic is people who offer themselves for election and quit every five minutes. We need directors who stick with the job for a reasonable amount of time. I didn't vote for Rob, why? Because I knew he would do this. It was 100 per cent predictable.

G Guest wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:
G Guest wrote:Rob Santwris has resigned from the board before. Nothing new here.
Another pathetic comment
This is a factual statement. I don't why you think it pathetic. What is pathetic is people who offer themselves for election and quit every five minutes. We need directors who stick with the job for a reasonable amount of time. I didn't vote for Rob, why? Because I knew he would do this. It was 100 per cent predictable.
Rob like then isn’t walking away just feels he can get on with things better if not on the board. Also he stood down in 2008 as the board was strong and to concentrate on the food units which he had paid himself to revamp a few years before that were getting busy and as chief safety officer after the swansea incident more meetings with police and council officials as the club was getting bigger attendances. He was actually safety officer unqualified for the first half of our first season in the conf premier . He then brought in and settled a new stewarding company and sorted out a qualified safety officer. Rob then due to work commitments left Jan 2011.

Hope that clears things up, have a good day.

Tony Soprano wrote: Rob like then isn’t walking away just feels he can get on with things better if not on the board.
Odd, given Rob’s quest for openness, that he couldn’t spare a minute and a half to say that on here. But thanks for explaining.

Exile 1976 wrote:FWIW, Rob also states that Gavin Foxhall is a very hardworking director for us.
I'm actually concerned now we could end up in the situation whereby we don't have sufficient 'volunteers' to stand for election, if indeed the continuation of the trust model is the choice of the supporters recent survey. If that isn't the choice, being naturally pessimistic, i don't forsee any business investors either.