Re: Rob Sant resigns

Yes I am still here (can't remember the last time I posted), just got sick of the muppets who thought we were/are a world class organisation when so much has been so wrong for so long, and I just got f..ked off with trying to educate to tell people to plan for the future instead of living for today....... and hey presto here we are...... AGAIN
There have been several over the years who lived Newport County but met so many brick walls that they just gave up.

'Alex Keegan' had the vision and the ideas but in the end just gave up. GONE
'Stan' another long distance supporter (and granted a bit of an annoying t--t) who told us what needed doing but people just laughed at him and told him to stop undermining the club. GONE
'Simon' gave life and soul to the club in different roles. GONE
Rob Sant who has sacrificed so much for so long towards the club and the town/city. Quite how Mandy has put up with it is beyond me, and I know my wife wouldn't have, and I very much doubt that any other wives would do either. Possibly sums up what a mess this club is when someone like him quits in what is such a short time, when he wanted the club returned to the supporters.

I'll tell you now what I put on the survey, and it was to sell to business people. The Trust model was never going to work in the principle for what it should have been, unless you basically ask everyone to pay in about £100 over per month over and above match tickets. Good luck with getting 3,000 people to pay into that idea.

We can go over and over where it started to go wrong, but I can assure you it wasn't in the last 5 years
Last edited by County-at-the-races on July 29th, 2018, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

amberbhoy wrote:Jolley I don't think it's time for laughter we need to know where the club is at the moment. It's no good waiting until there's no way back to tell us we're screwed
Spot on. The dilemma we have is this - just how do we get the club to communicate with us and tell us what is going on. I don't know the answer.

rncfc wrote:Even if supporters could raise funds like that on a regular basis it still needs to be managed properly.
True, but getting Trust members to pay that amount in monthly was never going to happen anyway, so management of it was not really in the equation.
I really hope there's someone out there who wants to buy this mess, albeit they would only be buying the name as we have no assets other than players.

amberbhoy wrote:It's unreal Stav after last season we should be flying and here we are a week before the season starts wondering if we will finish it
Yeah that's my biggest fear Jamie, let's hope for a good season on the pitch to smoke screen the car crash that's looming off the pitch.

This is society and people in general always a different agenda and looking for superiority over others instead of all singing from the same song sheet. County is in our blood and blood is thicker than water so they say but as you know this does not apply in football families. Why because there is always someone who wants to rule the roost and have the power. Ego's sad state of affairs.

pembsexile wrote:
amberbhoy wrote:Jolley I don't think it's time for laughter we need to know where the club is at the moment. It's no good waiting until there's no way back to tell us we're screwed
Spot on. The dilemma we have is this - just how do we get the club to communicate with us and tell us what is going on. I don't know the answer.
Regime change. You won’t get anybody willing to be as open as they can be on that board while things remain the same. We need change on a big scale top to bottom. We are not running like a business, I’ll venture to say that many of us have been exasperated by the amateur way we present ourselves. I had faith that things might happen under the last CEO, is it a coincidence he’s gone?
I always wanted a fans owned club but without the correct employees that won’t work. Anyone who has run a business knows how you have to present yourselves to the punters, listen to what they want from you and react to their needs. This club seems to resent any feedback and is run like a secret society, I have joked that they must have sworn omertà. This model just isn’t working , the sad thing is I think it could have if the board had been more open and listened to the customer, they are always right, even when they’re wrong! What worries me now is that in this perilous state, will anybody of quality step up to the plate and reform the attitude of the club?

lowandhard wrote: Regime change. You won’t get anybody willing to be as open as they can be on that board while things remain the same. We need change on a big scale top to bottom. We are not running like a business, I’ll venture to say that many of us have been exasperated by the amateur way we present ourselves. I had faith that things might happen under the last CEO, is it a coincidence he’s gone?
I always wanted a fans owned club but without the correct employees that won’t work. Anyone who has run a business knows how you have to present yourselves to the punters, listen to what they want from you and react to their needs. This club seems to resent any feedback and is run like a secret society, I have joked that they must have sworn omertà. This model just isn’t working , the sad thing is I think it could have if the board had been more open and listened to the customer, they are always right, even when they’re wrong! What worries me now is that in this perilous state, will anybody of quality step up to the plate and reform the attitude of the club?
Nicely put.

jollysuperstar wrote:
rncfc wrote:If you both know why not tell us?! I'm not in the clique but would still like to know what's "really going on".

I was told back in April that all the fa cup money was gone on ticketing and shop improvements and basically laughed at the thought.
Mcfc
Its not for this board at the moment
It will all come out in the wash
Sorry but some things cannot be said on here
No cliche just know facts.
What are you scared of? Seriously, what are you scared of?

You are most definitely in the clique because you also posted that you pretty much know whats been going on.
If you really are devastated about whats been going on, and have factual information rather than rumour, then what exactly is stopping you from letting people who aren't in clique's know as well.

You criticise people like me for having our heads in the cloud, I'd suggest that people like me tend not to believe rumours, because by and large they are more damaging than silences. By keeping silent, you and your clique are doing exactly the same thing as you are alleging the Board is doing - not communicating.

So come on, lets get it out in the open - whats going on?

jollysuperstar wrote:Lads not laughing at what has happened but at the likes of AGB on their fecking clouds.
No idea what we will hear next
Tamping to be honest
Yeh, agreed. It's like being in a slow motion car crash. Or hitting your thumb with a hammer. Just know the pain is going to come. Extremely worrying times.

Tony Soprano wrote:
Lenwearesaved wrote:Did Rob Sant say why he resigned. Is there any chance that he might come on the MB to tell us why he resigned.
He promised " Transparency " in his manifesto but he was unable to deliver that, draw your own conclusions from that mate.
obviously there was some things that rob thought should be shared with the owners but the board said no,so rob a man of his word steeped down,theres others who havent delivered on their promises and are still in there for me that tells me everything.well done rob for sticking to your principles although you must be hurting and frustrated