Re: Rob Sant resigns

Amberexile wrote:
Bush wrote:
Amberexile wrote:What legal action could we be taking against the WRU?
No idea but I would guess something to do with the contract being broken. The fact everyone keeps saying we can’t say anything screams legal action to me. Thought that was obvious to everyone.
That's the problem, we have a contract and if the WRU are in breach of it and fail to rectify that breach, our remedy is that we can terminate the contract which isn't in our best interests.
Isnt that the issue though that the contract is water tight both sides and cant be broken? Will cost either side money to break the contract.

Bush wrote: Isnt that the issue though that the contract is water tight both sides and cant be broken? Will cost either side money to break the contract.
Both sides would wish a watertight contract, I would think.

But your comment raises a possibility I'd not (seen) entertained. Would an offer on the order of £1 million to vacate RP at the end of this season be worth entertaining if it cost about that to bring SP up to scratch and if it were possible to take it over from Newport Live (or at least have dual ownership with them)?

Bush wrote:
Isnt that the issue though that the contract is water tight both sides and cant be broken? Will cost either side money to break the contract.
Not really, the main problem with it is that it is very vague in many areas, especially in relation to the payments we have to make for service charges and staging costs. I believe that this is the area we are having difficulties with at the moment. If we wanted to get out of it we could, if some of the rumours on here are true.

Tony Soprano wrote:
Lenwearesaved wrote:Did Rob Sant say why he resigned. Is there any chance that he might come on the MB to tell us why he resigned.
He promised " Transparency " in his manifesto but he was unable to deliver that, draw your own conclusions from that mate.

Are you saying that Robert Santwris joined the Board of Directors knowing that he wouldn't be able to keep to his promise of Transparency?
And that it was a publicity stunt?

The Newport wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:
Lenwearesaved wrote:Did Rob Sant say why he resigned. Is there any chance that he might come on the MB to tell us why he resigned.
He promised " Transparency " in his manifesto but he was unable to deliver that, draw your own conclusions from that mate.

Are you saying that Robert Santwris joined the Board of Directors knowing that he wouldn't be able to keep to his promise of Transparency?
And that it was a publicity stunt?
The way I read it was that he promised transparency when he got on the board but realised after he was on the board he could not or was stopped from being as transparent as he would have liked to be.
In layman's terms he wanted to tell the fans certain things but was not allowed
Just my take on it but might be off the mark

Cornish Exile wrote:If he couldn't deliver transparency whilst on the Board, what's stopping him now?
Maybe he respects that the board cannot give certain things out into the public especially possibly legal issues but after probably spending a few weeks having texts, phone calls and people approaching him he has probably felt that how can he back what he said in his campaign?

Would you want him coming out not and telling everyone what is going on which could jeopodise any further action the club are planning?

Bush wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:If he couldn't deliver transparency whilst on the Board, what's stopping him now?
Maybe he respects that the board cannot give certain things out into the public especially possibly legal issues but after probably spending a few weeks having texts, phone calls and people approaching him he has probably felt that how can he back what he said in his campaign?

Would you want him coming out not and telling everyone what is going on which could jeopodise any further action the club are planning?
Agree and maybe he made a promise of omertà to them , who knows? If I had made such a promise then likewise I would keep it. Incidentally how do we know that the WRU are in breach ? It could be us, couldn’t it ? We all seem to assume it is us that are being ill done by, evidence ?

Bush wrote:

And maybe he should have thought of all that before embarking on his openness and transparency campaign.

The answer to that I suspect will lead you All the way back to the infamous non disclosure agreement that all directors are required to sign, so my guess is he could find himself on the end of law suit if he breaches the agreement, maybe this would explain why he’s still not able to divulge anything.

Newportonian wrote:
The answer to that I suspect will lead you All the way back to the infamous non disclosure agreement that all directors are required to sign, so my guess is he could find himself on the end of law suit if he breaches the agreement, maybe this would explain why he’s still not able to divulge anything.

My point is if he was aware of that, why put himself up for election on a transparency ticket.

.......and that’s the whole problem with nda’s which I think should only cover specific items e.g. players wages, personal information etc. and not items which will just embarrass someone who’s made a sh!t decision or to cover illegal activity. We’ve all seen examples of celebs who have taken them out to cover their behaviour, we’ve all heard of Weinstein and Trump! Stan talks about them in one of his recent videos.