Re: Rob Sant resigns

whoareya wrote: Yes, of course - but if the situation really is as dire as is rumoured, what is stopping people from putting it out there, based on facts?

You, me and most Exiles aretoo detached to get tangible information from elsewhere.
I’ve been wondering that myself. The only conclusions I can come to is that either the leak would identify the source of the information and that would inevitably lead to the resignation/dismissal/victimisation of the individual involved or that the poster has given his word that he will not betray the source in the first instance to protect said individual.
Either way, if true, it points to a secretive regime and with it the risk of bullying which is extremely worrying.
In any case it doesn’t point to transparency.

Whoareya - there does seem to be some sort of agreement that they are indeed facts. If this is true then they just have to come from the club. As jolly has said, it is not for him to publish this damaging info. The club need to 'man up' and tell us.

Completely agree with your comment about being an exile. It is very frustrating. I get at least 95% of my information about the club from this mb.

NB. This 3 replies rule is seriously p#####g me off now.

lowandhard wrote:
whoareya wrote: Yes, of course - but if the situation really is as dire as is rumoured, what is stopping people from putting it out there, based on facts?

You, me and most Exiles aretoo detached to get tangible information from elsewhere.
I’ve been wondering that myself. The only conclusions I can come to is that either the leak would identify the source of the information and that would inevitably lead to the resignation/dismissal/victimisation of the individual involved or that the poster has given his word that he will not betray the source in the first instance to protect said individual.
Either way, if true, it points to a secretive regime and with it the risk of bullying which is extremely worrying.
In any case it doesn’t point to transparency.
That makes sense unfortunately. Perhaps there is a feeling within the club that 'priviliged' information from within the club is being leaked. That may explain their apparent need for secrecy and the fact that 'club defender's' invariably come on here to defend them.

You couldn't make it up Pembs as one minute after you post here he is defending.
By the way nobody from the club (BOD) has ever leaked anything to me.
Cannot comment for others obviously
2 plus 2 always make 4.
Alex has flown the nest so anybody asks a question and you can see panic setting in unfortunately

Ok Alan if there is a genuine reason should the fans not be told in a statement i.e. . The club will issue a statement regarding rumours that blah blah. Its the silence that is problem fans are becoming more and disconnected with the board and that is not healthy. It's shouldn't be a game we are supposed to be in this together. A simple statement can put all the rumours and fears to rest. If we are in trouble let us know so we can help, if not tell us everything is ok.

Loyalfoot wrote:If we was in financial problems surely that will mean the players aren't getting paid? And I'm sure if they wasn't getting paid it would be all over the press etc. Just a thort
My reading is that it is imminent, in that under current financial situations it is not sustainable for the complete season unless something drastic happens, but that is purely a guess based on what I've read.
Perhaps the plan is to hope for Man Utd away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Do you want to work out the odds on that, given we have just had our one big pay day for 10 years, and that wasn't good enough 'apparently.'

Loyalfoot wrote:Yeah true. I wonder where all that money went.........
Paying off overdrafts, bank loans, other debts, a former Lotto winner, sacked staff who won payouts, renting shop space?
No idea, but how hard would it be for the Club to publically state what that Spurs money was spent on and allocated against for current use...... and hey presto everyone will stop bitching about it

I asked the question on here a couple of weeks ago about the lack of column inches in the Argus speculating about our current apparent problems.
This lack of info is now obviously at the behest of the club.
I firmly believe that whatever info is being withheld is going to be of significant interest to the EFL when it comes out. The club is playing the same game with the League as it is doing with the fans/owners .

Being an exile I get almost all of my info off this message board so for me it's invaluable
I don't get involved in the in fighting and at times childish sniping and arguments but I do read the posts from the usual posters who claim to be in the know and normally take most claims with a pinch of salt.
I generally ignore rumours as they are rarely correct however following this and other threads along the same lines I have gone from being excited and looking forward to the season to now being really worried that we will even see the season out
I have never worried about the off field goings on Just simply turn up, pay my money and watch the games, buy some merchandise and put my hand in my pocket on occasions the club need a few quid as I think most fans do
I get very little change out of 100 quid travelling to home games but its my choice and i love the club but the complete lack of info from anyone at the club, good or bad is now worrying me sick along with the resignations
Please tell us what is going on however bad
Just a simple long time County fan saying how I feel
CTID