Pre Season Games

After watching the majority of pre-season, I felt the 2nd halves are very disruptive due to the large amount of subs being made.

I feel like it would be much better for the players and Flynn if 4 x 30 minute quarters were played (when possible). A few clubs have trialed this out especially when they have Trialists, so that everyone gets a decent run out without the constant interruptions of subs.

Any thoughts?

Re: Pre Season Games

Hazell Stand wrote:After watching the majority of pre-season, I felt the 2nd halves are very disruptive due to the large amount of subs being made.

I feel like it would be much better for the players and Flynn if 4 x 30 minute quarters were played (when possible). A few clubs have trialed this out especially when they have Trialists, so that everyone gets a decent run out without the constant interruptions of subs.

Any thoughts?
I agree but I thought we played better 2nd half!

SULLY34 wrote:
Hazell Stand wrote:After watching the majority of pre-season, I felt the 2nd halves are very disruptive due to the large amount of subs being made.

Any thoughts?
Thought it was interesting that we went from 5-3-2 to 4-2-4 second half. Of course it was a change of personnel but my companion had an interesting thought, was the first half how we will line up away and the second half how we will line up at home?j Either way we still appear to lack firepower despite making many chances. Stoke proved the value of someone who can put the ball in the net.

lowandhard wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:

Without doubt we should try and get Campbell on loan. Scoring goals will be our problem again this year. They had 4/5 chances and scored 3. We tend to overpass the ball, sideways, backwards then hoof it up :(
Any thoughts?
Thought it was interesting that we went from 5-3-2 to 4-2-4 second half. Of course it was a change of personnel but my companion had an interesting thought, was the first half how we will line up away and the second half how we will line up at home?j Either way we still appear to lack firepower despite making many chances. Stoke proved the value of someone who can put the ball in the net.

I would have hoped that the team MF chose to kick off the game against Stoke would be the one who he classed as his first choice line up and given them at least an hour playing together to 'GEL'.
Seeing that he made so many changes( 5 at half time) and coming out with the statement that places for the opening game were still 'up for grabs' leads me to think he still hasn't decided his first 11 or his prefered set up.
Isn't that what pre season is for , build up fitness , decide your set up , first choice side and build up confidence ?

neilcork68 wrote:I would have hoped that the team MF chose to kick off the game against Stoke would be the one who he classed as his first choice line up and given them at least an hour playing together to 'GEL'.
Seeing that he made so many changes( 5 at half time) and coming out with the statement that places for the opening game were still 'up for grabs' leads me to think he still hasn't decided his first 11 or his prefered set up.
Isn't that what pre season is for , build up fitness , decide your set up , first choice side and build up confidence ?
Let's hope the 2nd half team are his first choice 11 !