Another resignation matter?

I have just watched this

[youtube]uAJveSdya9s[/youtube]

I don’t really know either of these gentlemen though I have had passing short conversations with them and found them to be polite and approachable. What the point of the above vlog though is that if our financial state is as parlous as feared then our club has been mismanaged and that they should go. I’m persuaded by that opinion. How did it come to this? Here we are at the start of what should have been an exciting season with the FA Cup money rendering us secure and with a modest war chest, instead we are in a situation where we have no presence at the ground at which we play because our old shop/office is to be demolished and apparently so far we hadn’t secured the position that our old CEO had achieved back last winter of participating in shop/ticketing with the Dragons and even free office space. Such a position is disastrous for us profile-wise and probably financially too. In addition we are told all to cough up monthly to keep the club going. Does the handling of the finances so far persuade the fan base to do such a thing? I wonder.
What I don’t wonder about is why the fans are in meltdown on various online sites like Facebook and this messageboard, I haven’t looked at Twitter yet. They are outraged that we are skint and rightly so. They saw just last week a guy like Wotsee greeting them at Hereford and wondering why a fan like him is no longer at the club. They are saddened to see people they know are true fans resigning from the board and wondering what the hell is going to happen next as we stagger from one self-made problem to another.
Where do we go from here? I really have no idea who can rescue the club from this predicament but I just hope that the “ cometh the hour, cometh the man “ dictum is true but if it is , that person will need all the help he can get.

Re: Another resignation matter?

lowandhard wrote:I have just watched this

I don’t really know either of these gentlemen though I have had passing short conversations with them and found them to be polite and approachable. What the point of the above vlog though is that if our financial state is as parlous as feared then our club has been mismanaged and that they should go. I’m persuaded by that opinion. How did it come to this? Here we are at the start of what should have been an exciting season with the FA Cup money rendering us secure and with a modest war chest, instead we are in a situation where we have no presence at the ground at which we play because our old shop/office is to be demolished and apparently so far we hadn’t secured the position that our old CEO had achieved back last winter of participating in shop/ticketing with the Dragons and even free office space. Such a position is disastrous for us profile-wise and probably financially too. In addition we are told all to cough up monthly to keep the club going. Does the handling of the finances so far persuade the fan base to do such a thing? I wonder.
What I don’t wonder about is why the fans are in meltdown on various online sites like Facebook and this messageboard, I haven’t looked at Twitter yet. They are outraged that we are skint and rightly so. They saw just last week a guy like Wotsee greeting them at Hereford and wondering why a fan like him is no longer at the club. They are saddened to see people they know are true fans resigning from the board and wondering what the hell is going to happen next as we stagger from one self-made problem to another.
Where do we go from here? I really have no idea who can rescue the club from this predicament but I just hope that the “ cometh the hour, cometh the man “ dictum is true but if it is , that person will need all the help he can get.
I am really getting in to Newport County. My granddad came from Newport but my closest club is Carlisle. Love reading this board and really been enjoying Stans videos. I dont really know enough to be sure but Stan comes accross much better than I thought he wood.

County-at-the-races wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I can imagine,he uses 400 words when 40 would do on here.He now has his own show so he will really milk it.Does he offer any solutions to the problems and does he offer his expertise to advise the Club?.
Watch the video which would be the easier way of answering your question
I won't swell his inflated ego by watching him.If I were a betting man,I'd say the answer to my question is no.A talk shop saying what is wrong but no action from him to actually help.

Percy plunkett wrote: I won't swell his inflated ego by watching him.If I were a betting man,I'd say the answer to my question is no.A talk shop saying what is wrong but no action from him to actually help.
Well until someone who knows at Board Room level says what is wrong and that they need help/advice what can anyone offer?
Not defending Stan at all but how can you offer help to people who refuse to say what the problem is?

Percy plunkett wrote: I won't swell his inflated ego by watching him.If I were a betting man,I'd say the answer to my question is no.A talk shop saying what is wrong but no action from him to actually help.
Well until someone who knows at Board Room level says what is wrong and that they need help/advice what can anyone offer?
Not defending Stan at all but how can you offer help to people who refuse to say what the problem is?
Always the same old, same old. “ step up or shut up “
Thing is people have concerns that could be allayed but instead the silence is deafening.

Percy plunkett wrote:I can imagine,he uses 400 words when 40 would do on here.He now has his own show so he will really milk it.Does he offer any solutions to the problems and does he offer his expertise to advise the Club?.
It would help if the club were open about the problems. He talks pretty sensible stuff about ownership models on this blog. Not everyone is clairvoyant , if we don’t know the problems, how can we provide answers? As for providing expertise , I suppose you’d have to ask someone whether they were willing and able to afford the time. The way you get slapped down for any criticism of the club is hardly a recruitment tool in my opinion.

Percy plunkett wrote:
I won't swell his inflated ego by watching him.If I were a betting man,I'd say the answer to my question is no.A talk shop saying what is wrong but no action from him to actually help.
Percy how can you comment on something you are not prepared to watch
Rather silly eh
His last comment in other circumstances would have been so funny but not when it may be actually a fact.
Just one suggestion stop drinking tea when you are talking to us Stan

Percy plunkett wrote:
If you were a betting man would you use our club sponsors?