Someone Write a letter.

Someone write a letter. Representing the supporters. Asking a simple question.

WHAT THE F U C K IS GOING ON?

Beucase there’s information out there that needs to be know by the normal supporter.

If you love the club fight to know the Truth.

League 2. But still doctor martins off the field. Bent as f u c k

Re: Someone Write a letter.

Too many people in the know. Too many having benefits from the club. We are a shambles off the field. About time the standard fan, the one who chucked a tenner into trust stood up and asked what’s happening.
Newport County. The club that died twice.
Wake up @newportcounty

Dos wrote:Someone write a letter. Representing the supporters. Asking a simple question.

Beucase there’s information out there that needs to be know by the normal supporter.

Why do you not write a letter ?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Dos wrote:Someone write a letter. Representing the supporters. Asking a simple question.

Why do you not write a letter ?
Easy answer that isn’t it? Someone else do it, while the majority live with there head tucked between there balls.

I’ll happily write a letter, how do we gurantee it gets to the ones on charge?

FYI. The supporter owned club model rules (as set out by Supporters Direct and published on the Trust website) state that the BOD MUST call a special general meeting - to discuss a specific matter and no other business - should it receive a request to do so by no less than 20 members.

That shouldn't be difficult if you really want to make it happen.

NineteenEightyNine wrote:FYI. The supporter owned club model rules (as set out by Supporters Direct and published on the Trust website) state that the BOD MUST call a special general meeting - to discuss a specific matter and no other business - should it receive a request to do so by no less than 20 members.

Would imagine even if enough people ( 20+) were to request a meeting, I doubt if it would be arranged before the one scheduled for 20th Sept (Venue unknown)

NineteenEightyNine wrote:FYI. The supporter owned club model rules (as set out by Supporters Direct and published on the Trust website) state that the BOD MUST call a special general meeting - to discuss a specific matter and no other business - should it receive a request to do so by no less than 20 members.

Here's my vote - trust number: 1726

Mr Figo wrote:

And here’s mine 142. Thing is though, part of the art of finding out is knowing what to ask. According to some (all?) barristers , you should never ask a question you don’t know the answer to. I think that is why a lack of transparency is so difficult to deal with.

lowandhard wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:

And here’s mine 142. Thing is though, part of the art of finding out is knowing what to ask. According to some (all?) barristers , you should never ask a question you don’t know the answer to. I think that is why a lack of transparency is so difficult to deal with.
True - but maybe the open question that dos so eloquently asks at the start may be enough Mike! I would rather know something bad than walk blindly into knowing it. Cards on the table time...If we are not allowed to ask questions and those in positions of influence try and make it difficult then the trust model has failed on this count as well. We should be able to ask 100 questions if we want.

Hi Mr Figo! These are uncertain times, I keep thinking of that scene in the Godfather when Vito Corleone said “ how did it ever come to this ?”.
After the Wembley win and our early enthusiasm being back in L2, this all seems like a nightmare with no trust in the board and little excitement in the new season. What a terrible shame.

It's easy to say that this is not an "official" club messageboard - at least that was what was said by the BOD at one of the open meetings. Funny then how we have Directors posting in here - is it recognised or not? Presumably those Directors that have posted on here have had permission? If so, by whom?

Is it "official" or not? Maybe Ryan can answer that now Rob has gone. Simple fact is that this board is as official or unofficial as the BOD want it to be - of course when people start asking pointed questions it becomes unofficial (when the chaff tactic is employed to deflect questions) and when there is good news (when was the last time we had that!) it is very much official, unless of course, those directors who post on here have not had permission to do so.

Well, it's obviously not an official club channel, but lack of any feedback to fans about the basics through the summer has led even a forum sceptic like me to seek answers on here. Problem is, the answers posted are from others in the dark, hence the mounds of speculation, which breeds discontent.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Would imagine even if enough people ( 20+) were to request a meeting, I doubt if it would be arranged before the one scheduled for 20th Sept (Venue unknown)
The rules also state the meeting must be held within 28 days of the request being made.

The letter , as Trust Members could only go to the TRUST that we all signed up for , not the proper BOD...If the BOD aren't supplying them with all the true facts it would still leave us all in the dark, as we are now.
Think back to the last meeting....Not much came out about the clubs actual financial position did it....
It was said we made 'x' out of the cup run ,
'y' out of transfers etc
the TRUST were in a healthy position.

The BOD members present said that our relationship with the WRU was 'troubled' because of the excessive costs they are requesting to use RP etc but I cant ever recall anything said about us having no access to RP until one week before the season starts,
having to open a temporary shop in Newport City Centre and selling tickets from Neon
Sell merchandise / tickets from a pop up tent/marquee on matchdays

These are , I believe the main issues fans on here seem to want answered

I believe the trust are not 100% privy to the answers off the BOD as to why we seemingly have no office space , ticket office and club shop at our supposed 'home' ?
And where the 'f' has all the money gone we made last season ???????

I understand our position in the scheme of things in regard of our place in the football pyramid but is it only me that was expecting us to have a slightly better squad of players than we had last season because of the cup run. As I see it we seem to have a squad pretty much similar to they one we finished the season with.
Less than a week to go before we kick the new season off and we still, IMO need 4 players. ( GK, LB , CM and at least one more experienced striker) . Then last week it was published in the Argus that MF was going to ask the BOD to release some more funds to try and sign a few more on loan to fill the positions we were short of numbers. IMO surely with who has gone and who has come in he cant be at his 'maximum' for his budget........or has that been cut too???????

Mr Figo wrote:It's easy to say that this is not an "official" club messageboard - at least that was what was said by the BOD at one of the open meetings. Funny then how we have Directors posting in here - is it recognised or not? Presumably those Directors that have posted on here have had permission? If so, by whom?

Is it "official" or not? Maybe Ryan can answer that now Rob has gone. Simple fact is that this board is as official or unofficial as the BOD want it to be - of course when people start asking pointed questions it becomes unofficial (when the chaff tactic is employed to deflect questions) and when there is good news (when was the last time we had that!) it is very much official, unless of course, those directors who post on here have not had permission to do so.
I think you may be close to the truth here. For what it is worth, here is my opinion;

There has been a lot of leaking of information on here in the past. I strongly suspect that the board do not like it. Again, I suspect that a siege mentality has developed within the club and they are trying to do something about it. That is why 'club defenders' come on here and defend the officials under all circumstances. It is ridiculous.

What they have failed to realise is that if they had a more open policy at the start, this ridiculous state of events would not have happened.

Apart from the trolls, there is not one person who comes on this board that does not have the best interests of the club at heart. The ridiculous state of affairs that we are in leads some on here to suggest that some want the club to fail. Totally pathetic and the board are partially responsible for that for allowing this scenario to develop.