Re: Someone Write a letter.

neilcork68 wrote:The letter , as Trust Members could only go to the TRUST that we all signed up for , not the proper BOD...If the BOD aren't supplying them with all the true facts it would still leave us all in the dark, as we are now.
There's the rub. This has always been my problem with the current structure - the Trust board is elected and have a mandate. But then the club Board co-opts all sorts, and there's clearly a communication gap between the two bodies (before you even get to the communication gap with Trust members and fans). That cannot be a sustainable model.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: There's the rub. This has always been my problem with the current structure - the Trust board is elected and have a mandate. But then the club Board co-opts all sorts, and there's clearly a communication gap between the two bodies (before you even get to the communication gap with Trust members and fans). That cannot be a sustainable model.
And it's why I said the Trust Model can't work, or as Stan would say, it is not working.
It's far too complicated and in it's current format tries to please everyone whilst actually pleasing no one. It can't be nice for Shaun/Gavin to work in it, and it's clearly showing that the Trust aren't happy with it either.
My understanding is that there are individual share holders, elected BoD members, Co-opted members of the BoD's, The Trust, unattached supporters (of any group), all of which want input and answers. Not forgetting there should be an employed/paid CEO who is trying to run this circus.
I don't know what the current breakdown of share ownership is, ie who is the major shareholder/s and therefore who has the majority say but if we are to survive any further than 4 years (when the RP lease is up) or even see this season out then time to get this mess sorted out, because it will without doubt start to show on the pitch and then the shit really will fly

pembsexile wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:It's easy to say that this is not an "official" club messageboard - at least that was what was said by the BOD at one of the open meetings. Funny then how we have Directors posting in here - is it recognised or not? Presumably those Directors that have posted on here have had permission? If so, by whom?

Is it "official" or not? Maybe Ryan can answer that now Rob has gone. Simple fact is that this board is as official or unofficial as the BOD want it to be - of course when people start asking pointed questions it becomes unofficial (when the chaff tactic is employed to deflect questions) and when there is good news (when was the last time we had that!) it is very much official, unless of course, those directors who post on here have not had permission to do so.
I think you may be close to the truth here. For what it is worth, here is my opinion;

There has been a lot of leaking of information on here in the past. I strongly suspect that the board do not like it. Again, I suspect that a siege mentality has developed within the club and they are trying to do something about it. That is why 'club defenders' come on here and defend the officials under all circumstances. It is ridiculous.

What they have failed to realise is that if they had a more open policy at the start, this ridiculous state of events would not have happened.

Apart from the trolls, there is not one person who comes on this board that does not have the best interests of the club at heart. The ridiculous state of affairs that we are in leads some on here to suggest that some want the club to fail. Totally pathetic and the board are partially responsible for that for allowing this scenario to develop.
I think that sums up the position of posters on this board well. Unless someone knows better we all on here want the best for Newport County

neilcork68 wrote:The letter , as Trust Members could only go to the TRUST that we all signed up for , not the proper BOD...If the BOD aren't supplying them with all the true facts it would still leave us all in the dark, as we are now.
Think back to the last meeting....Not much came out about the clubs actual financial position did it....
It was said we made 'x' out of the cup run ,
'y' out of transfers etc
the TRUST were in a healthy position.

The BOD members present said that our relationship with the WRU was 'troubled' because of the excessive costs they are requesting to use RP etc but I cant ever recall anything said about us having no access to RP until one week before the season starts,
having to open a temporary shop in Newport City Centre and selling tickets from Neon
Sell merchandise / tickets from a pop up tent/marquee on matchdays

These are , I believe the main issues fans on here seem to want answered

I believe the trust are not 100% privy to the answers off the BOD as to why we seemingly have no office space , ticket office and club shop at our supposed 'home' ?
And where the 'f' has all the money gone we made last season ???????

I understand our position in the scheme of things in regard of our place in the football pyramid but is it only me that was expecting us to have a slightly better squad of players than we had last season because of the cup run. As I see it we seem to have a squad pretty much similar to they one we finished the season with.
Less than a week to go before we kick the new season off and we still, IMO need 4 players. ( GK, LB , CM and at least one more experienced striker) . Then last week it was published in the Argus that MF was going to ask the BOD to release some more funds to try and sign a few more on loan to fill the positions we were short of numbers. IMO surely with who has gone and who has come in he cant be at his 'maximum' for his budget........or has that been cut too???????
Well said, all points I have made elsewhere and although I would support a meeting, I’m not sure how much we would get out of it. The whole sorry mess needs sorting that’s for sure. Where to start? And who could start it? More importantly who would step up to sort it if the board agreed to go?

lowandhard wrote:
Think back to the last meeting....Not much came out about the clubs actual financial position did it....
It was said we made 'x' out of the cup run ,
'y' out of transfers etc
the TRUST were in a healthy position.

The BOD members present said that our relationship with the WRU was 'troubled' because of the excessive costs they are requesting to use RP etc but I cant ever recall anything said about us having no access to RP until one week before the season starts,
having to open a temporary shop in Newport City Centre and selling tickets from Neon
Sell merchandise / tickets from a pop up tent/marquee on matchdays

These are , I believe the main issues fans on here seem to want answered

I believe the trust are not 100% privy to the answers off the BOD as to why we seemingly have no office space , ticket office and club shop at our supposed 'home' ?
And where the 'f' has all the money gone we made last season ???????

I understand our position in the scheme of things in regard of our place in the football pyramid but is it only me that was expecting us to have a slightly better squad of players than we had last season because of the cup run. As I see it we seem to have a squad pretty much similar to they one we finished the season with.
Less than a week to go before we kick the new season off and we still, IMO need 4 players. ( GK, LB , CM and at least one more experienced striker) . Then last week it was published in the Argus that MF was going to ask the BOD to release some more funds to try and sign a few more on loan to fill the positions we were short of numbers. IMO surely with who has gone and who has come in he cant be at his 'maximum' for his budget........or has that been cut too???????
Well said, all points I have made elsewhere and although I would support a meeting, I’m not sure how much we would get out of it. The whole sorry mess needs sorting that’s for sure. Where to start? And who could start it? More importantly who would step up to sort it if the board agreed to go?

That is a very good question. Let us be honest here, suppprters have hardly been fighting each other to get on the board of directors have they.
We know that no businessmen in their right mind are going to step in and be liable for a poorly negotiated contract with the WRU.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

That is a very good question. Let us be honest here, suppprters have hardly been fighting each other to get on the board of directors have they.
We know that no businessmen in their right mind are going to step in and be liable for a poorly negotiated contract with the WRU.
I agree with you. It is also the point that Stan Einstein makes in one of his videos. What he said was that Mr Foxhall and Mr Johnson either didnt do the due dilligence properley or else if they did know it was such a bad agreement with the Welsh rugby union they didn't tell the supporters before the supporters gave lots of money to buy the club.

Newportonian wrote:Perhaps the letter could also ask why when the squad turned up at dragon park to train last week they were turned away, something to do with no contract being signed by all accounts, has the dragon park deal fallen through ?
If true another bloody disaster, dragon Park is ideal