MOM This season

I enjoyed MOM last year with Harps and I am keen to keep it going. Anyone got any issues with me carrying it on ? Can't remember exactly how it went but what about 3pts for most votes, 2pts for second and 1pt for third ? I'm off to sunnier shores for a week so depending on Wi-Fi I should be ok to start it Saturday.

Re: MOM This season

Excellent news.
Harps took it on last season (after I think it was UTP couldnt continue to set up the poll - it might have clashed with his Admin role).

So Harps took up the baton from the ending of the poll by setting up a match Mom thread and then manually counting up the votes each time and with a cumulative running total against each player..

I went back to the earlier poll results and added them as a cumulative total and gave to Harps so they could be stitched together to provide a rolling player by player/ season- to- date score.

The scoring used was 5, 3 and 1. You use what you think is best as it is your poll. For what it is worth I found that some games (away and poor team performances) that a player might get 3 points for just 1 vote - didn't feel right when in other matches the mom would get 5 points for over 20 votes). Also if a player's Mom votes her son Mom every week it can distort the picture ( of course it's not their Mom but a fan with a player crush!).
So (only a suggestion) - to actually be the best by a mile might deserve 'more' differential than second place and there could be a qualifying number of votes e.g. need more than 'x' to qualify for 'point's (there were instances last year, on a low turnout, with two players each with 1 vote; getting 3 points each.

Anyway yours to run as you see fit and is good fun and will show up our better performering players over the season .
Ps you might want to put a deadline on the voting cut off threads as Harps did by looking at traffic or simply a hard stop - again your call. Good Luck.

Fourthousand wrote:Excellent news.
Harps took it on last season (after I think it was UTP couldnt continue to set up the poll - it might have clashed with his Admin role).

So Harps took up the baton from the ending of the poll by setting up a match Mom thread and then manually counting up the votes each time and with a cumulative running total against each player..

I went back to the earlier poll results and added them as a cumulative total and gave to Harps so they could be stitched together to provide a rolling player by player/ season- to- date score.

The scoring used was 5, 3 and 1. You use what you think is best as it is your poll. For what it is worth I found that some games (away and poor team performances) that a player might get 3 points for just 1 vote - didn't feel right when in other matches the mom would get 5 points for over 20 votes). Also if a player's Mom votes her son Mom every week it can distort the picture ( of course it's not their Mom but a fan with a player crush!).
So (only a suggestion) - to actually be the best by a mile might deserve 'more' differential than second place and there could be a qualifying number of votes e.g. need more than 'x' to qualify for 'point's (there were instances last year, on a low turnout, with two players each with 1 vote; getting 3 points each.

Anyway yours to run as you see fit and is good fun and will show up our better performering players over the season .
Ps you might want to put a deadline on the voting cut off threads as Harps did by looking at traffic or simply a hard stop - again your call. Good Luck.

i was never admin

Why not just keep it simple 3,2,1

UPTHEPORT wrote:

i was never admin

Why not just keep it simple 3,2,1[/quote

Was it not you that used to set up the poll? Just goes to show how memory plays tricks - I thought you had a forum role that stopped you either accessing the poll or took away your time to it set up.

Fourthousand wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

i was never admin

Why not just keep it simple 3,2,1[/quote

Was it not you that used to set up the poll? Just goes to show how memory plays tricks - I thought you had a forum role that stopped you either accessing the poll or took away your time to it set up.
Moderator was the word.

Mom? This isn't USA you know :lol: . Mum or mam please!

Wi-Fi is hit and miss but I'll stick to 3,2 and 1 points awarded. I know some away games last season attracted very few votes so what about a minimum of 10 votes overall to award any points? I'll go with Tuesday evening as a cut off for Saturday games and Friday evening for Tuesday games.