Re: I'm painting a very black picture....

jollysuperstar wrote:
Countymax wrote:Most of the questions raised aren't worth speculating on as they're hysterical nonsense.

The commercial side of the club is undeniably in a really poor state but once bums are on seats and the season starts things will ease and can only get better is the way I see it.
Bums on seats will not get us out if this mess
Will be lucky to average 2K as on the day fans will not tramp over to Kingsway to get a ticket
If the fortune from last year has gone up in smoke how will small gates get us sorted
Sort of cloudy but not as bad as some I would estimate
Of course not everybody comes from the East side of Newport to the game - a lot come from the West and actually pass near Kingsway in order to get to RP. Provided that the shop is well publicised, buying tickets should be okay (though I agree it's poor if no tickets are to be sold at the ground on matchday). The difficulty is getting the info out - not everyone buys or reads the Argus online - not everyone Facebooks or Twitters. Tramping over to Kingsway and back takes 10-15 minutes max (for me, as a pensioner with a dodgy knee) - if people don't expect to rock up 5 minutes before the game, shouldn't be a problem - just plan ahead a bit.

For 90% of fans, 90% of the time, I doubt the moving of the ticket office will make much difference. I suspect the majority of our home crowd either have a ST, buy match tickets online to print at home, or will find that going via the new shop is no less convenient than going to the old ticket office. That's not to say we should ignore the impact on those who will be inconvenienced, or to ignore the extra burden on those home fans who literally pitch up on the day.

Where I can foresee it being a problem, and where we should be worried, is if we get a game like Spurs at home again. Can you really see the new setup coping with the demand, or Kingsway allowing hundreds of County fans to block the place up with queues? Recipe for disaster, that.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:For 90% of fans, 90% of the time, I doubt the moving of the ticket office will make much difference. I suspect the majority of our home crowd either have a ST, buy match tickets online to print at home, or will find that going via the new shop is no less convenient than going to the old ticket office. That's not to say we should ignore the impact on those who will be inconvenienced, or to ignore the extra burden on those home fans who literally pitch up on the day.

Where I can foresee it being a problem, and where we should be worried, is if we get a game like Spurs at home again. Can you really see the new setup coping with the demand, or Kingsway allowing hundreds of County fans to block the place up with queues? Recipe for disaster, that.
The club will have to post every season ticket, trust shares holder their tickets then the rest can queue at the neon.

Amberexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Amberexile wrote:We could always implement cash payment at the turnstiles
cash at the turnstiles?...is that allowed in EFL?
Yes it is, plenty of clubs do it.
Doesn't that involve then WRU staff having to take money on the turnstyles? not as easy to just implement it if WRU don't want it to happen.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:For 90% of fans, 90% of the time, I doubt the moving of the ticket office will make much difference. I suspect the majority of our home crowd either have a ST, buy match tickets online to print at home, or will find that going via the new shop is no less convenient than going to the old ticket office. That's not to say we should ignore the impact on those who will be inconvenienced, or to ignore the extra burden on those home fans who literally pitch up on the day.

I'm more worried that we won't get a game like Spurs at home again.

Bush wrote:
Doesn't that involve then WRU staff having to take money on the turnstyles? not as easy to just implement it if WRU don't want it to happen.
That brings the discussion around full circle. We pay staging costs to the WRU, explicitly called out as included in those staging costs are "day ticket staff", that seems difficult for the WRU to safely deliver without a ticket office.