I'm painting a very black picture....

Let me say that this post is written by me, the way it is written, deliberately so, in order to paint a black picture of a scenario at the club as it stands.
I'm not saying any of this is fact, but I'm painting it black so that someone, anyone who KNOWS, can then come on here and refute, deny, clarify or otherwise challenge any points that I make, so that the same person can then say with certainty that there's NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. But please, don't challenge or refute MY guesses, with your OWN guesses, I just want to hear factual reasons as to why there is nothing to worry about, or why a particular point is wrong, based on fact:

(1) We appear to be little more than a football club 'on paper' with no assets to speak of that any outside business potential investors would see as attractive.
(2) Our infrastructure, such as it is, is scattered all over the City with different services offered in different locations - no other club I can think of operates this way.
(3) We will have no merchandise presence at our home games of any description, and any attempt to sell merchandise around or near the ground will be met with street trading issues, and open to abuse by unofficial stock for sale.
(4) We will have no ticketing facility at the stadium itself on a matchday, even though a temporary outlet was used for a friendly, I think no such outlet will be available on LEAGUE match days.
(5) We were not allowed, if we'd wanted to, to use any part of Rodney Parade, however small & secluded, for our kit launch due to our landlords simply wishing to make things difficult for us.
(6) We were not allowed, if we'd wanted to, to use any part of Rodney Parade, however small & secluded, for our volunteers' meeting due to our landlords simply wishing to make things difficult for us.
(7) We are not allowed if we want to, to use Rodney Parade for our upcoming September meeting due to our landlords simply wishing to make things difficult for us.
(8) The decision to have a shop in Kingsway INSTEAD of at our home ground, was an entirely commercial decision and not brought upon us in any way by our landlords.
(9) The Tickemaster arrangement has fallen through due to failing to agree a reasonable level of transaction charge that the paying fans would find acceptable.
(10) Our landlords intend to make things as difficult as possible for us in order to make us want to leave. This could be things like, but not limited to: not having the ground / stadium properly prepared, not enforcing 'no alcohol' rule at matches, having insufficient refreshments available, limiting Marquee use to adults only, having toilets 'out of order' that aren't in fact defective.
(11) There has been alleged serious financial wrong doing, with imminent legal action expected.
(12) Our players are made to feel unwelcome on arrival and while at the stadium.
(13) Our landlords already know that no licence extension will be allowed, but will go through the motions of negotiating in order to leave us high and dry, as late as possible, with no alternative, just to waste our time, just because they can.
(14) Things are so bad that we fail to fulfil our fixtures, resigning from the league at some point this season, leaving our future existence in doubt
(15) Senior officials at the club already KNOW we'll fold this season but don't know the best way to tell us.
(16) Our sponsors' website will never actually launch.

As I say, none of the above is known by me to be factual, nor should it be taken as such, but for the purpose of discussion, let's say the above when combined, paints a very black picture indeed.
Now, what I want, is someone to come on here and put some colour into these 16 items, and tell me how things actually are, there's nothing to worry about, and even, that very GOOD news is about to be delivered......that's what I want to read on here, because at the moment, If I put my hand on heart, it feels like we are witnessing the 'last days' of NCAFC.
Absolutely tragic if true.

Re: I'm painting a very black picture....

Willthiswork wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:A lot of presumptions there.

Some of it may be correct but at the moment it's just hearsay and adding more fuel to the fire.
Which part of the first paragraph did you not understand?
I understood it but it's all been said in other threads and this new one just seems to be another 'episode'.
The item numbers are there if people want to discuss them individually, but here they are in one place.

Well 1 & 2 sound true with simply “ don’t really know “ to the rest. That’s why the local rag should be asking questions. I believe the splintering of our facilities are wasting money. My own opinion is that many of the RP problems are resolvable given good will on both sides because I don’t really believe that the WRU want us out ( why would they? we’re a cash cow ) nor do I believe the Dragons are going to Goggland. As for our finances, I suspect we’re either in real trouble or soon will be but nobody’s telling.

the thread title certainly seems to sum up the majority viewpoint on this forum, and sadly no one seems able to contradict any of 'newsgroundrodney's points. Unfortunately we appear to be stuck with the current board and their way of operating as sadly there is no alternative, or indeed is that an assumption? The most worrying point about imminent legal action I hadn't heard, but would make sense with regards to being kept in the dark?
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on July 30th, 2018, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Countymax wrote:Most of the questions raised aren't worth speculating on as they're hysterical nonsense.

The commercial side of the club is undeniably in a really poor state but once bums are on seats and the season starts things will ease and can only get better is the way I see it.
Especially if we start winning on the pitch?
Be worse if we lose first 3 games mind!

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:the thread title certainly seems to sum up the majority viewpoint on this forum, and sadly no one seems able to contradict any of 'newsgroundrodney's points. Unfortunately we appear to be stuck with the current board and their way of operating as sadly there is no alternative, or indeed is that an assumption?
As I said in another tread in jocular fashion, 'at this rate, we'll be lucky if they allow the players to take a shower after the game'...
To other posters, nonsense is only proved to be nonsense, once we know it was in fact nonsense.

newgroundrodney wrote:Let me say that this post is written by me, the way it is written, deliberately so, in order to paint a black picture of a scenario at the club as it stands.
I'm not saying any of this is fact, but I'm painting it black so that someone, anyone who KNOWS, can then come on here and refute, deny, clarify or otherwise challenge any points that I make, so that the same person can then say with certainty that there's NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. But please, don't challenge or refute MY guesses, with your OWN guesses, I just want to hear factual reasons as to why there is nothing to worry about, or why a particular point is wrong, based on fact:

(1) We appear to be little more than a football club 'on paper' with no assets to speak of that any outside business potential investors would see as attractive.
(2) Our infrastructure, such as it is, is scattered all over the City with different services offered in different locations - no other club I can think of operates this way.
(3) We will have no merchandise presence at our home games of any description, and any attempt to sell merchandise around or near the ground will be met with street trading issues, and open to abuse by unofficial stock for sale.
(4) We will have no ticketing facility at the stadium itself on a matchday, even though a temporary outlet was used for a friendly, I think no such outlet will be available on LEAGUE match days.
(5) We were not allowed, if we'd wanted to, to use any part of Rodney Parade, however small & secluded, for our kit launch due to our landlords simply wishing to make things difficult for us.
(6) We were not allowed, if we'd wanted to, to use any part of Rodney Parade, however small & secluded, for our volunteers' meeting due to our landlords simply wishing to make things difficult for us.
(7) We are not allowed if we want to, to use Rodney Parade for our upcoming September meeting due to our landlords simply wishing to make things difficult for us.
(8) The decision to have a shop in Kingsway INSTEAD of at our home ground, was an entirely commercial decision and not brought upon us in any way by our landlords.
(9) The Tickemaster arrangement has fallen through due to failing to agree a reasonable level of transaction charge that the paying fans would find acceptable.
(10) Our landlords intend to make things as difficult as possible for us in order to make us want to leave. This could be things like, but not limited to: not having the ground / stadium properly prepared, not enforcing 'no alcohol' rule at matches, having insufficient refreshments available, limiting Marquee use to adults only, having toilets 'out of order' that aren't in fact defective.
(11) There has been alleged serious financial wrong doing, with imminent legal action expected.
(12) Our players are made to feel unwelcome on arrival and while at the stadium.
(13) Our landlords already know that no licence extension will be allowed, but will go through the motions of negotiating in order to leave us high and dry, as late as possible, with no alternative, just to waste our time, just because they can.
(14) Things are so bad that we fail to fulfil our fixtures, resigning from the league at some point this season, leaving our future existence in doubt
(15) Senior officials at the club already KNOW we'll fold this season but don't know the best way to tell us.
(16) Our sponsors' website will never actually launch.

As I say, none of the above is known by me to be factual, nor should it be taken as such, but for the purpose of discussion, let's say the above when combined, paints a very black picture indeed.
Now, what I want, is someone to come on here and put some colour into these 16 items, and tell me how things actually are, there's nothing to worry about, and even, that very GOOD news is about to be delivered......that's what I want to read on here, because at the moment, If I put my hand on heart, it feels like we are witnessing the 'last days' of NCAFC.
Absolutely tragic if true.
Wouldn't argue with any of your points currently

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:the thread title certainly seems to sum up the majority viewpoint on this forum, and sadly no one seems able to contradict any of 'newsgroundrodney's points. Unfortunately we appear to be stuck with the current board and their way of operating as sadly there is no alternative, or indeed is that an assumption?
For me the problem seems to be that a lot of people seem to be unsure of the situation. A lot of questions are being asked but no answers are being given. I hope I am wrong but the longer fans know nothing the more probible it is that the worst case senario is right. If there wasnt real trouble the directers would just say so

I dont get this argument that it is all just made up. Maybe it is not to bad but some of it is true. I just dont know. I hope that the club just tell us all the truth and we can take it from there.

Countymax wrote:Most of the questions raised aren't worth speculating on as they're hysterical nonsense.

The commercial side of the club is undeniably in a really poor state but once bums are on seats and the season starts things will ease and can only get better is the way I see it.
Bums on seats will not get us out if this mess
Will be lucky to average 2K as on the day fans will not tramp over to Kingsway to get a ticket
If the fortune from last year has gone up in smoke how will small gates get us sorted
Sort of cloudy but not as bad as some I would estimate