Flynny’s expected XI for Saturday?

This might be better off in an existing thread (feel free to move, admins!), but based on what you guys have seen from pre-season and the players that have come in, what’s MF’s strongest/preferred XI going to be for Saturday, and going into the August games?

Not too concerned with everyone’s well-documented views on certain players - just curious about what the team will look like over the next few weeks.

Re: Flynny’s expected XI for Saturday?

Another question - we currently have 19 first team squad, with a GK likely to be added before Saturday, if you presume Foulston will be one missing out on the matchday squad as we already have enough cover for CB, who do you think will be the other one?

Joe DAY (GK)
David PIPE
Dan BUTLER
Mark O'BRIEN
Andrew CROFTS
Mickey DEMETRIOU
Robbie WILLMOTT
Matt DOLAN
Padraig AMOND
Josh SHEEHAN
Scott BENNETT
Fraser FRANKS
Jamille MATT
Keanu MARSH-BROWN
Tyler FORBES
Charlie COOPER
Antoine SEMENYO
Tyreeq BAKINSON
GK (expected)
Jay FOULSTON

Bush wrote:IT won’t be but i would be tempted to start the game with;

Day
Forbes Franks O’brien, Demetriou Butler
Bennett Crofts Dolan
Sheehan
Amond
Agree with the back 5, but God that team looks bad in midfield behind Sheehan.

Based on the lack of wear and tear at this time of year I'd have Bennett and Crofts holding for now, though I'm unconvinced by either, with Sheehan behind Amond and Matt.

-----------------------Day---------------------------
-------Franks-----O'Brien------Demetriou----
Forbes------Bennett-----Crofts----------Butler
----------------------Sheehan---------------------
--------------Amond---------Matt-----------------

Will be interested to see if Bakinson shows enough to deserve a starting slot, which would probably be instead of Bennett. Cooper is already close to getting a run too.

Reasonably strong bench (apart from defensively) with everyone fit, so two will get left out from this lot:
Sub keeper, Pipe, Foulston, Bakinson, Marsh-Brown, Cooper, Dolan, Willmott, Semenyo

But I can see why we'd still need another CB or DM and probably another striker too.

SJG99 wrote:

Day
Bennett Crofts Dolan
Sheehan
Amond

Based on the lack of wear and tear at this time of year I'd have Bennett and Crofts holding for now, though I'm unconvinced by either, with Sheehan behind Amond and Matt.

Will be interested to see if Bakinson shows enough to deserve a starting slot, which would probably be instead of Bennett. Cooper is already close to getting a run too.

Reasonably strong bench (apart from defensively) with everyone fit, so two will get left out from this lot:
Sub keeper, Pipe, Foulston, Bakinson, Marsh-Brown, Cooper, Dolan, Willmott, Semenyo

But I can see why we'd still need another CB or DM and probably another striker too.

Cant see MF not choosing Wilmott to start so it will probably be him instead of Matt and have Sheehan playing off Amond , with Wilmott , Bennett and Crofts as the midfield three

neilcork68 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

Day
Bennett Crofts Dolan
Sheehan
Amond

Cant see MF not choosing Wilmott to start so it will probably be him instead of Matt and have Sheehan playing off Amond , with Wilmott , Bennett and Crofts as the midfield three
Willmott will definitely play. Setplay FC need someone to pump the free kicks and corners in.