Season tickets

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

chris p

Re: Season tickets

Postby chris p » August 6th, 2018, 3:15 pm

yeh did that, that's not the club shop in towns number? and I don't want to trek in if they wont hand them over as im picking up a few for friends....
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » August 6th, 2018, 3:31 pm

chris p wrote:yeh did that, that's not the club shop in towns number? and I don't want to trek in if they wont hand them over as im picking up a few for friends....

Maybe try Jeff's mobile number as on the travel thread. He was there this morning when I collected my season ticket.
User

Amberexile

Sheffield

Postby Amberexile » August 6th, 2018, 3:32 pm

You could try calling Jeff Challingsworth, I believe he volunteers in the shop and he puts his mobile number on the away travel threads on the MB.
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Postby Kairdiff Exile » August 6th, 2018, 3:53 pm

This really does underline to me the amateur nature of how our club is being run. If we open a shop in the city centre and direct people there to collect their season tickets, it beggars belief that we don't also publicise the telephone number so people can ring if they have queries.

The whole "oh, ring up Jeff on his mobile, his number is on the message board thread" stuff does not indicate a successful, professionally-run league club on the rise, does it? By the way, I'm not having a go at Jeff or the other volunteers, who are all fine folk doing sterling work. They deserve all our thanks for the hours they put in. But the fact that we're reliant on them, and on people sharing their mobile number so fans can get hold of their tickets, does reinforce the idea that we're basically a non-league side who have accidentally found ourselves in the fourth division for a few years.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » August 6th, 2018, 4:25 pm

Hijack alert!!

Someone ask for help, others offer advice, shortly followed by another using the thread to bash the club. I suppose it was naïve of me not to expect that to happen.
User

County Exile

Frome, Somerset

Postby County Exile » August 6th, 2018, 4:37 pm

It's true though.

I posted the link to the club shop website in good faith thinking the contact number on there would be up to date. The shop was opened in a blaze of publicity, season tickets are supposed to be collected from there yet there is no up to date telephone contact for queries. They also publish the office email contact address but I know from personal experience that trying to get a reply from that is very difficult.

Just so amateurish!
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Postby Kairdiff Exile » August 6th, 2018, 4:41 pm

Excessbee: I come in peace! Not trying to hijack anything, nor am I “looking for an excuse to bash the club”. Discussions develop, I was simply commenting on the setup we have - and I think I was clear that I wasn’t attacking the volunteers who are helping (and nor am I attacking you for trying to help).
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » August 6th, 2018, 5:00 pm

County Exile wrote:Ticket arrived in post this morning. :cheers:

Disunity
Disbelief
Knicker-wetting. :lol: :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » August 6th, 2018, 5:01 pm

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Excessbee: I come in peace! Not trying to hijack anything, nor am I “looking for an excuse to bash the club”. Discussions develop, I was simply commenting on the setup we have - and I think I was clear that I wasn’t attacking the volunteers who are helping (and nor am I attacking you for trying to help).

Okey dokey. :lol:
no avatar
User

allontheamber

Postby allontheamber » August 6th, 2018, 5:02 pm

Agree with Kairdiff Exile. 100% amateur in everything with the exception of our league position.
User

newgroundrodney

Cardiff, UK

Postby newgroundrodney » August 6th, 2018, 8:09 pm

County Exile wrote:Ticket arrived in post this morning. :cheers:

I wonder whether the new style plastic card with no season date shown, maybe an indication that we wont be issuing new plastic cards every year to renewals, but only new applicants.
There are a few clubs that do this and it cuts right down on new cards, postage, collections & queues.
I think it's a good idea and may even pave the way for 'Ticket for Life' scheme since the physical card itself displays no end date.
Unless it's on the reverse side of the card of course.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » August 6th, 2018, 8:15 pm

That would be brilliant. OK Reading are in a different league in one sense, but they have had a system like that since they moved to the Madejski TWENTY years ago.

However, the sponsor's name on the card suggests otherwise.
User

County Exile

Frome, Somerset

Postby County Exile » August 6th, 2018, 8:51 pm

I thought the same when it arrived. Would be a great idea.

And no it's not on the back. Just name, reference number, seat location and barcode.
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Taunton

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » August 6th, 2018, 9:07 pm

I emailed the Club as instructed about collection, and received a prompt reply asking for my address so the tickets could be posted, however I thought those details were on the application form.
Postage costs seem an unnecessary expense to me as surely a collection in the marquee could have been arranged.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » August 6th, 2018, 11:10 pm

My son contacted me today on holiday to say that mine arrived in the post today - it was sent 'signed for' but Royal Mail just stuck it through the letter box.

Is there any way I can blame the Club for this?
PreviousNext