Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Jackorias wrote:I scanned through that video and so the toxic rumours amount to a scant transfer possibility and a run-in with the WRU over rent negotiations is the claim?

Just to play devil's advocate here; could it be that the board are just getting on with it and that this ticket office / shop / fixture uncertainty is simply the fallout from tough negotiating and refusing to give away any intentions by publicly commenting?

Don't burn me at the stake for that one though, merely seeing both sides.

As for the NDA, is there any proof that there are any in play at board level? Just curious as I may have missed news of that.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm immensely discontented by the sheer lack of communication between fan, trust and directors from day one of this enterprise and believe that the odd flippant meeting simply doesn't cut it. The fans bailed out this club to a high tune and deserve better than the continual silence.

"Come on then, step up and have a go then, they're only volunteers" you cry. Go and ask Rob Santwris how that worked out for him. Hardly an advertisement for fan inclusivity, engagement and transparency.

I don't wish to elect replacement directors tit-for tat in light of recent resignations, I wish for an entire re-election process across the board once this WRU saga has been settled. Justify your position, show us your body of work, tell us your vision and show us the respect we deserve.

You cannot simply run a fan-owned club and keep us in the dark.
Agree with parts of this but a little one sided - it is a two way street - 'show us the respect we deserve' is always going to cause a tension if that is the stance taken.Reading the vitriol aimed at the Board, the snipping and in some cases insinuations of misappropriation- you could argue that we are getting 'the respect that we deserve'.

'Fan inclusivity and engagement' - read through comments on this Forum and you could get the impression that some fans see the Board as 'them' and our 'enemies'. And as far as the engagement bit - turn up, watch the team and moan off on here without offering to do something positive - nigh on everyone has an excuse as to why the areas that they are a keyboard expert can't be used to help the club out.

Do you know the reason why Rob stood down or are you speculating and using it to support your point?

And a bit over the top to say ' continual silence' -
you might feel that way because of the statement above around 'respect'- you may have a build in predetermined level of entitlement.

And yes many if us chipped in to save our football club because the alternative wasn't an option - but it doesn't make us all Alan Sugar's. Want to make a difference/ change things up then work through the Trust Board and/or join that Board, but don't go in thinking you have all the answers and as a one man crusade that you can change things overnight.

Just balancing things up.

Trigger wrote:
Jackorias wrote:I scanned through that video and so the toxic rumours amount to a scant transfer possibility and a run-in with the WRU over rent negotiations is the claim?

Just to play devil's advocate here; could it be that the board are just getting on with it and that this ticket office / shop / fixture uncertainty is simply the fallout from tough negotiating and refusing to give away any intentions by publicly commenting?

As for the NDA, is there any proof that there are any in play at board level? Just curious as I may have missed news of that.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm immensely discontented by the sheer lack of communication between fan, trust and directors from day one of this enterprise and believe that the odd flippant meeting simply doesn't cut it. The fans bailed out this club to a high tune and deserve better than the continual silence.

"Come on then, step up and have a go then, they're only volunteers" you cry. Go and ask Rob Santwris how that worked out for him. Hardly an advertisement for fan inclusivity, engagement and transparency.

I don't wish to elect replacement directors tit-for tat in light of recent resignations, I wish for an entire re-election process across the board once this WRU saga has been settled. Justify your position, show us your body of work, tell us your vision and show us the respect we deserve.

Great post Jack, my thoughts exactly
+1.

Fourthousand wrote:

Agree with parts of this but a little one sided - it is a two way street - 'show us the respect we deserve' is always going to cause a tension if that is the stance taken.Reading the vitriol aimed at the Board, the snipping and in some cases insinuations of misappropriation- you could argue that we are getting 'the respect that we deserve'.

'Fan inclusivity and engagement' - read through comments on this Forum and you could get the impression that some fans see the Board as 'them' and our 'enemies'. And as far as the engagement bit - turn up, watch the team and moan off on here without offering to do something positive - nigh on everyone has an excuse as to why the areas that they are a keyboard expert can't be used to help the club out.

Do you know the reason why Rob stood down or are you speculating and using it to support your point?

you might feel that way because of the statement above around 'respect'- you may have a build in predetermined level of entitlement.

And yes many if us chipped in to save our football club because the alternative wasn't an option - but it doesn't make us all Alan Sugar's. Want to make a difference/ change things up then work through the Trust Board and/or join that Board, but don't go in thinking you have all the answers and as a one man crusade that you can change things overnight.

Looks like the trust lied to you as well then. Apparently there were options and at no point did the trust say takeover was only option.

Fourthousand wrote:Agree with parts of this but a little one sided - it is a two way street - 'show us the respect we deserve' is always going to cause a tension if that is the stance taken.Reading the vitriol aimed at the Board, the snipping and in some cases insinuations of misappropriation- you could argue that we are getting 'the respect that we deserve'.

I think you are in dire need of re-acquainting yourself with the standards and best practices laid out by Supporters Direct.

https://supporters-direct.org/assets/me ... fz64FC.pdf

I urge anybody who reads this to graze through the linked document and upon completion ask yourself this; Does the initial promise of the Riverfront meeting, of which was presented with the guiding hand of Supporters Direct, match the current reality of what you observe and have observed since that day.

Predetermined sense of entitlement say you fourthousand? I should think so having been sat on the stage amongst a collection of open-minded representatives of supporter groups at that very meeting listening to how the club was to operate moving forward. I believe this to be less within the realm of entitlement and more towards a reaction to failings in execution since day one.

In fact, if you require further evidence on why we should feel quite entitled, here's a quote from the official Newport County website in October of 2015...
The transparency, communication and engagement will continue as we have done throughout the funding campaign. We have made a commitment to you the Supporters and we aim to follow this through.
You talk of respect being a two-way street, what respect should I pay to the brazen current ignorance of the above statement?

Fast forward to present day and the status-quo simply does not bear any resemblance to the ideal put forward then by the standards they strived to continue nor does it bear any resemblance to the standards and best practices within that document put forward by Supporters Direct.

Where is the, in no particular order:
  • Supporters Advisory Board?
    Fan's Parliament?
    Accountability?
    Transparency?
    Representation?
    Regular consultation? (AFC Wimbledon had one re: ticket prices!)

As an aside; What dismays me with parts of your counter-argument is that I find such a predictably elitist defence mechanism for any criticism thrown towards the board's general direction. To imply that unless you have, are currently or in future plan to volunteer your time that your opinion counts one score less on the scale of importance than those who have not is laughable and down-right insulting to the rest of us. Most of whom, for a multiplicity of different reasons cannot volunteer anything but their hard earned money to the County. Is that not good enough to eat at the table where our opinion matters?

It is the equivalent to throwing your hands over your ears and exclaiming "not-listening" like a toddler bereaved of a Happy Meal at this point. It's been an obstructionary and deflectionary tactic for far too long against those who raise fair questions and balanced points.

To the disappointment of some, we are entitled to speak openly on club matters however we see fit and as a longstanding member of this forum, I'm glad to see debate and discussion still as alive and as impassioned as ever.

Too long, can't be arsed to read? Club communication is hypocritically pants, I'm naffed off.

Well said Jack one way to stop toxic rumours is to quell the fears of the fans. Our board chooses to shut everyone out instead. They don't have to go in to every detail but a simple statement could have stopped all this. Unfortunately the divide they have caused by ignoring the fans will now take a fair while fix.

Jackorias wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:Agree with parts of this but a little one sided - it is a two way street - 'show us the respect we deserve' is always going to cause a tension if that is the stance taken.Reading the vitriol aimed at the Board, the snipping and in some cases insinuations of misappropriation- you could argue that we are getting 'the respect that we deserve'.

I think you are in dire need of re-acquainting yourself with the standards and best practices laid out by Supporters Direct.

I urge anybody who reads this to graze through the linked document and upon completion ask yourself this; Does the initial promise of the Riverfront meeting, of which was presented with the guiding hand of Supporters Direct, match the current reality of what you observe and have observed since that day.

Predetermined sense of entitlement say you fourthousand? I should think so having been sat on the stage amongst a collection of open-minded representatives of supporter groups at that very meeting listening to how the club was to operate moving forward. I believe this to be less within the realm of entitlement and more towards a reaction to failings in execution since day one.

In fact, if you require further evidence on why we should feel quite entitled, here's a quote from the official Newport County website in October of 2015...
The transparency, communication and engagement will continue as we have done throughout the funding campaign. We have made a commitment to you the Supporters and we aim to follow this through.
You talk of respect being a two-way street, what respect should I pay to the brazen current ignorance of the above statement?

Fast forward to present day and the status-quo simply does not bear any resemblance to the ideal put forward then by the standards they strived to continue nor does it bear any resemblance to the standards and best practices within that document put forward by Supporters Direct.

Fan's Parliament?
    Accountability?
    Transparency?
    Representation?

As an aside; What dismays me with parts of your counter-argument is that I find such a predictably elitist defence mechanism for any criticism thrown towards the board's general direction. To imply that unless you have, are currently or in future plan to volunteer your time that your opinion counts one score less on the scale of importance than those who have not is laughable and down-right insulting to the rest of us. Most of whom, for a multiplicity of different reasons cannot volunteer anything but their hard earned money to the County. Is that not good enough to eat at the table where our opinion matters?

It is the equivalent to throwing your hands over your ears and exclaiming "not-listening" like a toddler bereaved of a Happy Meal at this point. It's been an obstructionary and deflectionary tactic for far too long against those who raise fair questions and balanced points.

To the disappointment of some, we are entitled to speak openly on club matters however we see fit and as a longstanding member of this forum, I'm glad to see debate and discussion still as alive and as impassioned as ever.

Too long, can't be arsed to read? Club communication is hypocritically pants, I'm naffed off.
Not too much debate going on here old boy just sounds like a person cruelly lashing out and showing little respect for a fellow fan who offers a different perspective . Your post has all the hallmarks of an authorcrat who obvoiusly is not used to his word being challenged.

Ps you have a lot to say - how about you comment on Bush's statement above that we fans were lied to at the time your utopian world was being set up - I know nothing about that but you may have an insight as you were sat right in the middle of it at the time.

Jackorias wrote:

Fan's Parliament?
    Accountability?
    Transparency?
    Representation?

Very well said indeed. The powers that be need to take a step back, a deep breath and then make the commitment to uphold the values that were intended at the outset. I for one, am fed up of being told to put up or shut up. Consultation, transparency , fan involvement in decision-making all need a quantum jump in quality. We are not in the right place at the moment and the “ put up or shut up “ brigade who roll out their tanks on to the messageboard lawn at every hint of criticism only go to prove it to be the case.

Jackorias wrote:

Fan's Parliament?
    Accountability?
    Transparency?
    Representation?

Quite possibly the best post of the year. Absolutely spot on

So is no-one is going to challenge Bush's statement that we fans were lied to. If that were the case the premise on which the Trust model was founded i.e. of transparency, openess, being inclusive to its fanbase etc etc means it was all build on sand from day one, in turn meaning the words that go with with was and is worth jack shit.

Or was this conveniently forgotten by the people involved at the time because they 'know best' and they wanted a new set of rules diametrically opposite to their actions a la Bush's accusation.

If there is no truth in Bush's accusation it needs to be called out as such.

If it is not true and he is mistaken, I still think you ought not to see the County as ring fenced from the real world in which you/we all live in. And if you can do better you know what to do (I think I will still say this if it is OK) - work through the Trust and/or get elected and help drive the changes that you want to see.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE

At least we are still in the EFL for this season, but I do think MF is coming up short even though he is doing his best with the advice given by those around him, hopefully after this week I will have learned where we are going after a couple of meetings with interested parties, in the mean time we can only sit and look/read what is going on with our club we the fans saved from oblivion.
I for one at this stage will not be spending any more of my money until we get some answers from our EMPLOYEES.