Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

Bush

Posts

7350

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby Bush » August 6th, 2018, 9:43 pm

rncfc wrote:I was of the understanding that it was the trust or bust. Whether that was my imagination running wild I'm not sure, but that's how I read it at the time.


Yep me too.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Posts

4283

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby Cornish Exile » August 6th, 2018, 9:52 pm

Bush wrote:
rncfc wrote:I was of the understanding that it was the trust or bust. Whether that was my imagination running wild I'm not sure, but that's how I read it at the time.


Yep me too.


My understanding was that Fan Ownership was Les Scadding's preferred option.

Whether there was a "Plan B" who knows.
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

7898

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby lowandhard » August 6th, 2018, 10:00 pm

What I understood was that Les wanted out and that the fans Trust was Les’s preferred purchaser. I thought better the likes of me buy in rather than another bogus “ millionaire “ benefactor to take us into oblivion. That was my take on it, other views are available :?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13936

Location

MT

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby Exile 1976 » August 7th, 2018, 1:25 am

After speaking with Les he made it clear to me that he wanted ownership to be in the hands of the fans as he felt it was our best option to survive and thrive.

We haven't stepped up enough. The vast majority of our trust members only "shelling out" £10 per year (yes I know that's on top of our shares & ticket prices etc but a lot of our fans thinks it's Ebsfleet over again
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

1884

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby whoareya » August 7th, 2018, 11:50 am

Exile 1976 wrote:After speaking with Les he made it clear to me that he wanted ownership to be in the hands of the fans as he felt it was our best option to survive and thrive.

We haven't stepped up enough. The vast majority of our trust members only "shelling out" £10 per year (yes I know that's on top of our shares & ticket prices etc but a lot of our fans thinks it's Ebsfleet over again


I agree - my opinion being that this will be emphasised by the Board at next month's meeting - the ownership poll will be irrelevant and the Trust ownership model will be spoken about in the past tense. I think that is also reason for the deafening silence on all matters and the resignation of at least one of the most enthusiastic Trust model Board members.
no avatar
User

PMG

Posts

168

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby PMG » August 8th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Les sold the club to the trust because they offered more money for his shares than anyone else
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Posts

483

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » August 8th, 2018, 6:48 pm

PMG wrote:Les sold the club to the trust because they offered more money for his shares than anyone else


Really i didn't realise that. Who were those unnamed anyone else's?
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

1884

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby whoareya » August 8th, 2018, 7:26 pm

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
PMG wrote:Les sold the club to the trust because they offered more money for his shares than anyone else


Really i didn't realise that. Who were those unnamed anyone else's?


Apparently everyone from Arthur Askey to Zinedine Zidane. But mysteriously every one of them was too shy and retiring to speak publicly about it. Other than Dean Holdsworth - and that was about a year after the Trust bid was successful.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Posts

483

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » August 8th, 2018, 7:57 pm

whoareya wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
PMG wrote:Les sold the club to the trust because they offered more money for his shares than anyone else


Really i didn't realise that. Who were those unnamed anyone else's?


Apparently everyone from Arthur Askey to Zinedine Zidane. But mysteriously every one of them was too shy and retiring to speak publicly about it. Other than Dean Holdsworth - and that was about a year after the Trust bid was successful.

Thought so
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

7898

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby lowandhard » August 8th, 2018, 8:13 pm

So the question remains were we misled or not? I believe we chose to be and maybe rightly so. In fact I think we were right to “ put no faith in saviours “. They are usually megalomaniacs with only their own interests at heart. That’s my opinion. If they had an honest plan to benefit the club, they certainly failed to tell us about it.
no avatar
User

PMG

Posts

168

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby PMG » August 8th, 2018, 8:35 pm

We were definitely misled
Les was willing to ditch the shares for £50k
Tony Pring who was on the board at the time knew of the offer
went behind the board and offered Les £300k on behalf of the Trust
The trust then gave everyone the impression that this was the only route and the club was going bust
Load of crap
The club had a very strong board far better than the one now
Lots of experience
Fact
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

7898

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby lowandhard » August 8th, 2018, 8:43 pm

PMG wrote:We were definitely misled
Les was willing to ditch the shares for £50k
Tony Pring who was on the board at the time knew of the offer
went behind the board and offered Les £300k on behalf of the Trust
The trust then gave everyone the impression that this was the only route and the club was going bust
Load of crap
The club had a very strong board far better than the one now
Lots of experience
Fact


If true, why did nobody point this out?
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

1884

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby whoareya » August 8th, 2018, 9:35 pm

PMG wrote:We were definitely misled
Les was willing to ditch the shares for £50k
Tony Pring who was on the board at the time knew of the offer
went behind the board and offered Les £300k on behalf of the Trust
The trust then gave everyone the impression that this was the only route and the club was going bust
Load of crap
The club had a very strong board far better than the one now
Lots of experience
Fact


Funny that this very strong board were utterly duped isn't it ? They didn't know anything about this alleged back door approach and even when the Trust bid was publicised they still sat back and did nothing? Didn't fancy putting a bid in themselves then - if, as you say,
Les would have sold to anyone? Or were they convinced the club was a money pit without him and didn't fancy financing it on their own?
no avatar
User

PMG

Posts

168

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby PMG » August 9th, 2018, 2:18 pm

The Trust bought Les’s shares for a highly inflated price
They were not worth anywhere near that
All the buyers and including the existing board were happy to take it on with the debts
No business person or group in their right mind would pay £300k and take on the debts
The Trust were willing to pay over the top because they were using YOUR money
So a very nice little project,
get you the fans to cough up the money elect themselves to spend it
And have a jolly nice time slagging off the old board who put their time and money as volunteers into a club they loved and cared about and did it for the right reasons
But as I said they put their own money into it
Just to be critised and slagged off
no avatar
User

PerthDave

Posts

913

Re: Toxic rumours? Penman & Stan

Postby PerthDave » August 9th, 2018, 2:39 pm

PMG wrote:The Trust bought Les’s shares for a highly inflated price
They were not worth anywhere near that
All the buyers and including the existing board were happy to take it on with the debts
No business person or group in their right mind would pay £300k and take on the debts
The Trust were willing to pay over the top because they were using YOUR money
So a very nice little project,
get you the fans to cough up the money elect themselves to spend it
And have a jolly nice time slagging off the old board who put their time and money as volunteers into a club they loved and cared about and did it for the right reasons
But as I said they put their own money into it
Just to be critised and slagged off


'Les was willing to ditch the shares for £50k
Tony Pring who was on the board at the time knew of the offer
went behind the board and offered Les £300k on behalf of the Trust'

Are you going to cough up some hard evidence to support this ?

ta Dave
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Powered by phpBB ®