Re: Players kit numbers for the 2018-19 season

George Street-Bridge wrote:Large number of players should now come on the market as free agents having been entitled to be paid up to yesterday by clubs releasing them.

If you're confident you have a starting 11 sorted, it makes sense to let the previous employer pick up the tab up to now. And it will be a big incentive to anyone deluded about his value, and agents, to moderate wage expectations
Seems sensible if that is the case. Let's hope you're right.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Large number of players should now come on the market as free agents having been entitled to be paid up to yesterday by clubs releasing them.

If you're confident you have a starting 11 sorted, it makes sense to let the previous employer pick up the tab up to now. And it will be a big incentive to anyone deluded about his value, and agents, to moderate wage expectations
So my prediction.... Due to his injury the club revisited the contract offer previously made to Joss and replaced it with a new one on less money. Joss has not signed as he wanted the additional pay at his previous rate. As GSB says that expired yesterday. He will sign a new contract today and be given the number 4 shirt!
Of course I could be completely wrong :grin:

rdh2210 wrote:

So my prediction.... Due to his injury the club revisited the contract offer previously made to Joss and replaced it with a new one on less money. Joss has not signed as he wanted the additional pay at his previous rate. As GSB says that expired yesterday. He will sign a new contract today and be given the number 4 shirt!
Of course I could be completely wrong :grin:
His contract expired in June, we just had to pay one extra months salary as he hadn't found a new club

countymadbel wrote:Does anyone know how many players we had registered this time last year just 19 seems a tad low on numbers?
19 is more than enough players right now. It’s the quality of the starting 11 I’m more worried about than making sure we have a back up left back ready for Saturday.

Football is a funny thing and teams that you think might struggle end up totally surprising you and there’s no real logic behind it but on paper I’m worried and I think Saturday could be a shocker but as this is football I wouldnt be surprised whatever the result is!

rdh2210 wrote:Apologies if I'm wrong Exile but I believe his contract ended 30/6 meaning we then had to pay him July as he had not found a club. From the 1/8 (today) he will not have a wage unless he signs somewhere.
Rich

Yeah, That's what I said mate, his contract ended in June. Football league rules that should a player not sign for another club that he should be paid for 1 extra month. He will won't be paid by us again ... Unless he signs a new deal .. Happened with my bother in law at c***iff city