Re: Where is the Official Message Board?

newgroundrodney wrote:I've given up on the notion that we own the club. Some in positions of authority / with suitable connections, seem to think us pesky fans want to know the ins and outs of the cats arse. We don't, we just wanna know that the cat is OK. That's all, bit of reasonable reassurance that the cat is not about to drop dead!
But that makes us moaners, not owners, apparently.
We have just come through the toughest two months for any L2 club , i.e. No income but substantial outgoing wages, this indicates to me that the directors haven't fucked off to Brazil with £750k of the Tottenham money , despite what's being talked about on some other social media outlets

We were told at the last open meeting that the short term future is secure , we were also told the the long term viability of the trust ownership model needed to have a wider debate , which is penned in for late September.

Genuinely don't know what else you want to hear , our supporters/owners contribute less then £50k a year yet expect us to beat the likes of Notts county and still have a profit despite playing in a ground we don't own and having no seperate income streams.

I know , let's abuse the directors , that will solve it
Last edited by Spiderman on August 1st, 2018, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newgroundrodney wrote:I've given up on the notion that we own the club. Some in positions of authority / with suitable connections, seem to think us pesky fans want to know the ins and outs of the cats arse. We don't, we just wanna know that the cat is OK. That's all, bit of reasonable reassurance that the cat is not about to drop dead!
We don’t own the club though! We paid for the trust to own the club. Your £50 or whatever you paid for your shares went to finance the trust takeover. So techniqually the board don’t need to answer to us at all.

County-at-the-races wrote:
Fourthousand wrote: Get yourself on the Board and you are sorted - you won't have to bother with the questions as you will know all the answers (and be able to share them as you would like to do) - easy.
Well we know that doesn't work don't we!
Anyway why shouldn't the paying public be able to ask open questions from the people running that business they pay into, and get some answers?
Writing to the club by email/post doesn't get a reply, and there's no other way to get answers.
It's that age old problem with the club (and no doubt numerous other clubs too) the contempt they have for the people who pay to watch 'an event' or buy merchandise from.

So quit with the 'If you want answers get on the Board' crap.
There are supporters meetings for this purpose. It is not a weekly "lets think of a stupid rumour to waste the Board's time with".

We are a volunteer-run club to all intents and purposes, with people salaried and unsalaried giving up vast amounts of their time to do the best and the most they can for the benefit of the club. They do not exist to respond to your every whim, and even considering that they might need to impacts on the club because that's time that could be spent ACTUALLY IMPROVING THINGS instead.

Your list of moans is pretty much the least constructive piece of forum bait I've seen in years. It basically amounts to "Think up all the worst things you can, and give a load of people who don't know any better the idea they're justified in constantly criticising until they get an answer to a question that never needed to be asked". Which is a shame, because up until that point I thought you were a well-balanced poster. But it is not helpful, and it definitely is a list of ins and outs rather than just a request for "reasonable reassurance".

I appreciate that some people are concerned, but they just need to stop expecting that everything that comes out of their head deserves a response. There is due process and complexity to agreeing many changes, there are formal channels for communication, and some of that stuff is still no-one's business outside the negotiation room until long after it's been resolved. There are clearly difficult decisions being made due to certain issues that are mainly out of the club's control and they are addressing the pressing needs. It is not helpful to constantly snipe about fantasy scenarios and expect a response.