Re: Where is the Official Message Board?

County-at-the-races wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:https://www.newport-county.co.uk/

When you are told you are told. Simples!
Yes very clever, perhaps I'm missing something but there seems to be a lack of questions and answers there
Get yourself on the Board and you are sorted - you won't have to bother with the questions as you will know all the answers (and be able to share them as you would like to do) - easy.

Fourthousand wrote: Get yourself on the Board and you are sorted - you won't have to bother with the questions as you will know all the answers (and be able to share them as you would like to do) - easy.
Well we know that doesn't work don't we!
Anyway why shouldn't the paying public be able to ask open questions from the people running that business they pay into, and get some answers?
Writing to the club by email/post doesn't get a reply, and there's no other way to get answers.
It's that age old problem with the club (and no doubt numerous other clubs too) the contempt they have for the people who pay to watch 'an event' or buy merchandise from.

So quit with the 'If you want answers get on the Board' crap.

Fourthousand wrote: Get yourself on the Board and you are sorted - you won't have to bother with the questions as you will know all the answers (and be able to share them as you would like to do) - easy.
Anyway why shouldn't the paying public be able to ask open questions from the people running that business they pay into, and get some answers?
Writing to the club by email/post doesn't get a reply, and there's no other way to get answers.
It's that age old problem with the club (and no doubt numerous other clubs too) the contempt they have for the people who pay to watch 'an event' or buy merchandise from.

Keep writing your questions then and DO NOT join the Board ps I'm sure someone will pick them up and get to them straight away giving them priority over anything that crops up in their paid day job duties, in priority to anything that is so unimportant as family duties and everyday life issues and certainly over the County related project/real activities that they are addressing or trying to implement. Tough to see how these unpaid human beings are not on your case as after all you are a 'customer' ...

Exactly the pompus attitude that stops good people wanting to get involved with our club.

Fourthousand wrote: Keep writing your questions then and DO NOT join the Board ps I'm sure someone will pick them up and get to them straight away giving them priority over anything that crops up in their paid day job duties, in priority to anything that is so unimportant as family duties and everyday life issues and certainly over the County related project/real activities that they are addressing or trying to implement. Tough to see how these unpaid human beings are not on your case as after all you are a 'customer' ...
We both know I'm not referring to the small things that supporters chat about like can we have Heinz Ketchup instead of Lidl. I'm referring to the serious shit like 'Why can't we have a ticket office at the ground,' 'is the main sponsor legit,' why can't we have home friendlies' etc etc
These issues could and should have been answered before the melt down on here happened.
It's called communication and it's two way thing.

Alan do you not see the fans seem alienated. They pay their money and feel they are being treated with contempt as for pompous you take the biscuit there mate. Anyway I've had enough of this shit. Better
Football men than our board have said football without fans is nothing. I think we will find out just how true that statement is soon enough bye

Fourthousand wrote: Keep writing your questions then and DO NOT join the Board ps I'm sure someone will pick them up and get to them straight away giving them priority over anything that crops up in their paid day job duties, in priority to anything that is so unimportant as family duties and everyday life issues and certainly over the County related project/real activities that they are addressing or trying to implement. Tough to see how these unpaid human beings are not on your case as after all you are a 'customer' ...
We both know I'm not referring to the small things that supporters chat about like can we have Heinz Ketchup instead of Lidl. I'm referring to the serious shit like 'Why can't we have a ticket office at the ground,' 'is the main sponsor legit,' why can't we have home friendlies' etc etc
These issues could and should have been answered before the melt down on here happened.
It's called communication and it's two way thing.
Ok ok do join the Board then - you won't then have so many questions (as you will know what is going on , that is, by being part of the solution/answer/reasoning etc) and you can take the role of communicating outwards to the customers.

Or
Ok ok do not join the Board and wait for a response.
I personally (If I was on the Board) would ask you to come in/ get on the blower on a board night, ask you to take ownership of your question, for you to offer out some solutions and then second you to and for the duration of that task - you would implement (with a tiny budget or none at all but just sheer effort and time) and then communicate out what you did and why and how. You would feel part of 'the team' - would you do that?

[quote="Fourthousand"
Ok ok do join the Board then - you won't then have so many questions (as you will know what is going on , that is, by being part of the solution/answer/reasoning etc) and you can take the role of communicating outwards to the customers.

Or
Ok ok do not join the Board and wait for a response.
I personally (If I was on the Board) would ask you to come in/ get on the blower on a board night, ask you to take ownership of your question, for you to offer out some solutions and then second you to and for the duration of that task - you would implement (with a tiny budget or none at all but just sheer effort and time) and then communicate out what you did and why and how. You would feel part of 'the team' - would you do that?[/quote]

We can go around in circles here about paying customers and the Boards responsibilities towards them, and about the serious questions that take some doing to get answered, and about how as a Trust run club where disclosure from the boardroom to its members is questionable, and about how/why so many directors have quit just lately, and how this message board becomes really handy when a whip round, donations needed or an all out save our club call goes out.

If you'd taken a moment to look at my profile to the left you will see it says location Somerset. That's South Somerset not North so a good 180 mile round trip. Believe me if I lived within 20 miles of Newport I would have a go just to see what exactly is going on, although I would suspect I would end up walking like so many before. Or perhaps you know that, and therefore trying to call my bluff knowing it's totally unfeasible for me to take that option.

But all this is just splitting hairs.
We all want the best for this club and if everyone felt involved and needed and communicated with, then situations like this wouldn't happen. FWIW I had this yesterday during a discussion from a supporter of another club in our league.... >>>Nice pitch these days, great season last time, passionate, maybe over passionate, fan base sometimes. Good luck!'<<< Imagine how much better we could be if we all felt involved!

We can go around in circles here about paying customers and the Boards responsibilities towards them, and about the serious questions that take some doing to get answered, and about how as a Trust run club where disclosure from the boardroom to its members is questionable, and about how/why so many directors have quit just lately, and how this message board becomes really handy when a whip round, donations needed or an all out save our club call goes out.

If you'd taken a moment to look at my profile to the left you will see it says location Somerset. That's South Somerset not North so a good 180 mile round trip. Believe me if I lived within 20 miles of Newport I would have a go just to see what exactly is going on, although I would suspect I would end up walking like so many before. Or perhaps you know that, and therefore trying to call my bluff knowing it's totally unfeasible for me to take that option.

But all this is just splitting hairs.
We all want the best for this club and if everyone felt involved and needed and communicated with, then situations like this wouldn't happen. FWIW I had this yesterday during a discussion from a supporter of another club in our league.... >>>Nice pitch these days, great season last time, passionate, maybe over passionate, fan base sometimes. Good luck!'<<< Imagine how much better we could be if we all felt involved![/quote]

Look, I love the County passionately- just as much I suspect you do and others on this forum. I just go about it a different way - I think the expectations on the board are too high for a collective of non paid, very part time guys who have to comply within and with lots of stringent rules and regulations, with the duties and responsibilities of being a director, with people, pressing deadlines and third parties who might not want to move in the same direction and at the same pace as in Newport County World.

I also don't like a mob mentality and certainly people who get off on rhe drama of things and are quick to speculate and accuse on the back of speculation and half truths and in some cases no truth at all.

To be honest (if I were a Director) I would have grabbed the newgroundrodney 'blacklist' and knocked up a quick reply (but probably would not have seen it as a director as I would have stopped reading this forum for the sake of my blood pressure) and passed it around other boa4d members for comments then posted out - BUT if you missed one of the points out I'm sure it would just fuel speculation and it would then be expected that this is the vehicle to pick up questions and post anwers - and it is not-
- and like you I would have lost patience early on and would be thinking stuff 'em - I'm sweating my tatties off and just get constant critism from all corners - I would feel alienated and in turn would alienate before finally walking.

I think people are forgetting that as shareholders we "own" the club. We as shareholders are the real chairman - as a collective we have the power to call those who serve us as owners to answer questions. Whilst I accept some decisions are made for various reasons such as confidentiality of wages/salaries etc - in my view it is too easy to claim that matters cannot be disclosed due to confidentiality. This is probably why Rob resigned.

Mr Figo wrote:

I think people are forgetting that as shareholders we "own" the club. We as shareholders are the real chairman - as a collective we have the power to call those who serve us as owners to answer questions. Whilst I accept some decisions are made for various reasons such as confidentiality of wages/salaries etc - in my view it is too easy to claim that matters cannot be disclosed due to confidentiality. This is probably why Rob resigned.
We are not shareholders of the club mate. Infact we don’t even appoint who goes on the football club board.

Basically if you are not happy with how the club is run there is only one option you have and that is don’t attend and don’t buy merchandise.

Mr Figo wrote:

That's that the trouble for me - I couldn't serve, couldn't be answerable to and then chewed up on social media - all for no remuneration, for little appreciation of effort and time put in and for some others to think they know better without having any accountability - not for me in a million years - couldn't take the arrogance of that type of fan in our fanbase..