Re: Labadie

Amberexile wrote:We don't have to pay him but we do need to have medical insurance that will cover his prescribed rehabilitation for an injury sustained while he was under contract to us for up to 18 months after the contract terminates. So potentially to the end of 2019.
Jeeezus, is there anything football players have to do for themselves other than breath and swallow.
So, guaranteed a monthly pay packet no matter how bad a player you are, if you go on strike, if you're sick, in some cases even after you've left for a new club etc
Are they not capable of getting their own life/sickness/injury insurance like the rest of the general population.
Man Utd etc are well capable of affording insurances for their 60 or so players on their books, but this is something else killing off smaller clubs

County-at-the-races wrote:
Amberexile wrote:We don't have to pay him but we do need to have medical insurance that will cover his prescribed rehabilitation for an injury sustained while he was under contract to us for up to 18 months after the contract terminates. So potentially to the end of 2019.
Jeeezus, is there anything football players have to do for themselves other than breath and swallow.
So, guaranteed a monthly pay packet no matter how bad a player you are, if you go on strike, if you're sick, in some cases even after you've left for a new club etc
Are they not capable of getting their own life/sickness/injury insurance like the rest of the general population.
Man Utd etc are well capable of affording insurances for their 60 or so players on their books, but this is something else killing off smaller clubs
Actually it helps our finances, if players bought their own insurance they would want higher wages to cover the cost so the cost of the insurance grossed up for tax would become part of our playing budget for financial fair play purposes.

SJG99 wrote:
Baladabadi wrote: Fair comments, you may be comfortable by his conduct, I am not.
So presumably you know all the details of his previous contract and current (or at least subsequent) offer then? Because without those you're really in no position to judge.
As a shareholder, season ticket holder, monthly contributor and the sponsor of his home shirt last season, I feel I'm entitled to my opinion.

I explained my reasons behind my feelings.

If your happy to have him hang around our club like a bad smell then fine.

We can agree to disagree on this.

Baladabadi wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Baladabadi wrote: Fair comments, you may be comfortable by his conduct, I am not.
So presumably you know all the details of his previous contract and current (or at least subsequent) offer then? Because without those you're really in no position to judge.
As a shareholder, season ticket holder, monthly contributor and the sponsor of his home shirt last season, I feel I'm entitled to my opinion.

"Hang around the club like a bad smell" ???

You obviously haven't read Mike Flynn's comments.

Blackandamber wrote:
Confuddled wrote:
Bush wrote:I like the fact that as a club we look after our ex players. I’d like to think we would help any of them during and after their career.
If there is one thing we've heard is that the club looks after its players. We may not be the biggest but we try our best to look after them. And I think that is what sets us apart from other clubs.
I seem to remember that we didn't look after Ian Hillier (at least initially), but I don't think that was an injury incurred playing football.
Think he did it working on the railways, joys of semi professional football

Cornish Exile wrote:
Baladabadi wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

"Hang around the club like a bad smell" ???

You obviously haven't read Mike Flynn's comments.
Which quote should I be drawn too?

pembsexile wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Odd. You didn't know all the details of a previous post when you said I applied 'hopeless logic' to a post the other day. I did explain. The poster had amended his post and deleted certain words (thank goodness). That deletion made my reply seem strange. Without that fact, you weren't in a position to judge either were you?
The difference being I couldn't have known that was the case with your post, whilst I certainly can know that without being in full possession of the contract details offered to Labadie no-one is able to judge whether his actions relating to that contract offer are reasonable or not.

Just for the record, I have no idea which post you're referring to, either.

Baladabadi wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

When you agree that you're not in any position to judge, I'll be fine with you jumping to a bunch of conclusions without any evidence, yeah.

Cornish Exile wrote:I wonder what sort of advice he's receiving from his agent.
Probably the advice he isn’t taking like sign for a year at the county and get paid to get fit then walk out at the end of the season and get paid elsewhere. Credit to labadie for not screwing the club over.

Bush wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:I wonder what sort of advice he's receiving from his agent.
Probably the advice he isn’t taking like sign for a year at the county and get paid to get fit then walk out at the end of the season and get paid elsewhere. Credit to labadie for not screwing the club over.
Or, use the time to get fit and whatever help you can get and if they don’t match the money go to FGR at Xmas? Time will tell eh?

SJG99 wrote:
Baladabadi wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

When you agree that you're not in any position to judge, I'll be fine with you jumping to a bunch of conclusions without any evidence, yeah.
I put my money where my mouth is and can judge what I want.

But thanks for the feedback.