Re: Mark Harris

Bush wrote: Looks extremely light weight to me. Get the feeling City have sent him to us to toughen up. Don’t see the move being beneficial to us to be honest.
That was my initial reaction too. But I mentioned him this morning when I had my haircut by a die-hard Cardiff City fan, who reassured me that Harris was apparently knocking on the door of their first-team squad last season and is seen as a talent. Plus, the fact that he's versatile and can play out wide or behind the strikers as well as up front means he's a good option to have on the bench - especially in a threadbare squad like ours.

Alright, that's only the view of one bloke - but I was fully expecting him to say that this was just another kid on the production line who wasn't likely to make the grade at the Redbirds.

Bush wrote:
CTY74 wrote:He's highly rated at Cardiff so a good move for all concerned hope he gets game time

Rhys Healy looks like on his way to Bristol Rovers on loan
Looks extremely light weight to me. Get the feeling City have sent him to us to toughen up. Don’t see the move being beneficial to us to be honest. Still say we are crying out for the experienced journey men who have been around this league and are not gonna let Mansfield kick them off the park this weekend.
Have you actually seen him?

Bush wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Doesn't look anymore lightweight than McGoalski, remember him
The guy everyone said couldn’t start matches?
Yes, but that didn't stop him being a great option from the Bench did it? The guy who scored a lot of goals from the Bench.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Bush wrote:
CTY74 wrote:He's highly rated at Cardiff so a good move for all concerned hope he gets game time

Rhys Healy looks like on his way to Bristol Rovers on loan
Looks extremely light weight to me. Get the feeling City have sent him to us to toughen up. Don’t see the move being beneficial to us to be honest. Still say we are crying out for the experienced journey men who have been around this league and are not gonna let Mansfield kick them off the park this weekend.
Have you actually seen him?
FFS here’s me thinking this is a football forum where people discuss their views on football.

So instead of your sarky comments as per usual how about you say why you think he will be a success?

Ugo. wrote:
Bush wrote:
Yes, but that didn't stop him being a great option from the Bench did it? The guy who scored a lot of goals from the Bench.
And that’s great but we are potentially looking at one of the two 18 year olds we have on loan having to hit the ground running and be starters if Matt continues his career slide.

I say it all the time but I’d much rather have two experienced league two players on loan than 5 kids. Huge ask to find a Darlow, Gilbey or white. I still don’t understand why we don’t take Healey if Cardiff willing to loan us a youngster.

Bush , I agree in an ideal world I would prefer to take on a few experienced players instead of the 'kids' we have on loan but IMO looking at it MF has had his playing budget cut from last season ( no proof , just my observations)

As for taking on Healey...Maybe MF asked and there could be a few reasons why Cardiff wouldn't loan him to us....
They want him to play at a higher level ,
Westley peed them off when he loaned players off them and maybe bridges were burnt, slowly MF may be repairing them ????
We couldn't afford to pay what Cardiff wanted towards his wages ???

IMO the squad looks about the same as last season where if I am honest I was expecting a little bit of an improvement due to the cup run. It looks like the extra costs the WRU are charging us has put a stop to that and sponsorship maybe down in revenue as well ?
Until the owners of the club ( US ) are told by the stewards we put in charge of the club on our behalf , we can only speculate ?

daftasfxxx wrote:
Bush wrote:
Thats the one, second top scorer on 10 goals before he got ill
Yep and like I said the player people kept saying couldn’t start.