FA Cup v Spurs home 2017/8

With reference to the above (this is on behalf of supporter who like others has followed the County for over 50 years) he needs an answer regarding FA cup ticket rules ( I have trawled FA directives etc to no avail ) The question when we played Spurs at home should season ticket holders have had 7days to collect their tickets/seats or was the 2 days offered correct .Thank you for any assistance/information forthcoming .

Re: FA Cup v Spurs home 2017/8

Add me to the list of "I'd be surprised"s.

There's little regulation on how clubs administer the rights and privileges of season tickets because it's mainly left to the club's discretion.

In addition the variety of circumstances in ticketing through the FA Cup ranging from parks teams to multinational corporations makes it difficult to achieve any consistency beyond just "the minimum ticket price to be charged in this round is...".

With particular reference to the quick turnaround and all-ticket requirement for some games, the need to get the tickets sold often trumps the need to sell them in lengthy periods to suit customer wants. Plenty of clubs also have ST holders who need to move due to the larger allocations for away teams which would also impact on the ability to offer a longer "guaranteed time".

FWIW I've seen ticketing strata where ST holders also have to have attended a certain number of away matches and only have a three hour period to claim their priority - admittedly that's at a club where the stratification/priority of ticketing already exists and all they have to do is set the rules in their system - we're yet to see what the new County ticketing system is capable of.

So, yeah, too much variation in situations and local requirements to be able to set specific rules across a wide range of different sized clubs.