Re: 1912 Exiles Podcast Ep.5: Mansfield Takeaways

Zebroski wrote:Good summary of the Mansfield game. Well done Rhys. After Crewe it’s Exeter and Notts County so a tough season start. As always we won’t know how competitive we are until 10 games in. Some fans were moaning about Nouble and McCoulsky but those 21 goals are looking very hard to replace.
I agree that the goals we lost may be hard to replace, Matt doesn't come with a reputation for being prolific but hopefully between him, Semenyo who (looked promising off the bench) and Harris we can go some way to replacing them, I hope KMB and Sheehan in the more advanced midfield role will chip in too.

Another point I forgot to mention in my commentary is that the left winger for Crewe last week looked a strong player so I wonder if Pipey's experience and physicality will be preferred to match up against him?

Re: 1912 Exiles Podcast Ep 6: Two Wins on the Bounce

Agree with all that Rhys. Very disappointing gate for the first home match and the early signs of a more attractive style of play will hopefully attract more. Harris and Semenyo look raw but very promising. Early days but maybe Flynn has pulled the rabbit out of the hat again signing Crofts, Franks, Matt, Harris, Semenyo, Bakinson, Hornby-Forbes and Townsend. Need to see more of Cooper and Marsh-Brown. We do need cover for Butler but he's rarely injured. Good to see OB back in the match day squad - he needs an injury free season. The 14 pass goal against Cambridge - started with the keeper rolling the ball out and finished by Amond - WOW. Have County ever scored such a good team goal? Crofts missed the Cambridge and Exeter games so I hope that's not a sign of things to come - injured after just 1 match. The news that we'd have made £541k loss if it wasn't for the cup run is worrying. In the scheme of things even £500k isn't as bad as it sounds and most lower league clubs are in a worse financial state - but it needs to be addressed quickly as County have no assets to fall back on.

Re: 1912 Exiles Podcast Ep 7: The Flynn Way

Good pod, Rhys - and nice to be namechecked! :lol:

Completely concur re: Flynn and the way our football has improved this season. For me, it’s been the really notable thing about our season so far. We are playing it out nicely from the back, and we’re much easier on the eye than last year. I still worry a little about the second string front line, but that aside it’s all good news so far.

Keep up the good work.