Re: GRANDSTAND: Mansfield Town (A)

This is going to be a long hard season based on today's performance.....Yes I was there to witness it before anyone asks
Now Labadie has indicated he is unwilling to sign MF needs to spend the money he was holding back in the hope that he would on an experienced League 2 midfielder as we are 'poor' in that department.We also need to give Matt and Amond the right service or it will be like watching Amond and Nouble last season Hoofing the ball long to them isn't an option. We need to get the ball out wide and get good crosses into them in the danger area.I the first half Butler got forward and got some decent crosses in and we looked ok and had a few half chances
I also dont believe that we have the right players to play a 4 man defence.

My side for next week would be ....Day..............Pipe , Franks , (Bennett -if O'brien is injured again ) Demetriou , Butler , ....... AN OTHER , Crofts , Sheehan , ........ Matt , Amond......
Pipe and Butler giving the width down the flanks and getting some decent crosses in , (Hopefully)

i would also have a go at the defence for the lazy asses we make out of defence when we play the long hopeful hoof to the front men. The strikers we have arent the sort who can hold the ball up..Bring the ball forward themselves , unless under pressure or pass it through the midfield

Corpaboy wrote:Are we already missing Ben White at the back ?
Who wouldn't miss him.
What I do believe is that Demetriou plays better in a back 5 , Butler is better having more freedom to go forward knowing he has cover in Demtriou but MF plays them in a 4 .
Pipe is still first choice wingback/fullback
Bennett is a better centre half than midfield but he played him midfield.
Not starting with Sheehan .

All things that didnt help our peformance

Clearly a disappointing result and performance.

I'm sure Mr Flynn knows that certain players weren't match fit. As Beefy said Crofts, Bennett ( so far off the pace - jogged everywhere ) and Dolan can't play in the same side for me.

If we play with a back 4, we need to give them more cover.

Semenyo and Amond up front next week for me and Sheehan in midfield.

It's only one match. As John Coleman said "no-one wants to go to Newport", we had better keep it that way.

Up the County.

neilcork68 wrote:This is going to be a long hard season based on today's performance.....Yes I was there to witness it before anyone asks
Now Labadie has indicated he is unwilling to sign MF needs to spend the money he was holding back in the hope that he would on an experienced League 2 midfielder as we are 'poor' in that department.We also need to give Matt and Amond the right service or it will be like watching Amond and Nouble last season Hoofing the ball long to them isn't an option. We need to get the ball out wide and get good crosses into them in the danger area.I the first half Butler got forward and got some decent crosses in and we looked ok and had a few half chances

My side for next week would be ....Day..............Pipe , Franks , (Bennett -if O'brien is injured again ) Demetriou , Butler , ....... AN OTHER , Crofts , Sheehan , ........ Matt , Amond......
Pipe and Butler giving the width down the flanks and getting some decent crosses in , (Hopefully)

i would also have a go at the defence for the lazy asses we make out of defence when we play the long hopeful hoof to the front men. The strikers we have arent the sort who can hold the ball up..Bring the ball forward themselves , unless under pressure or pass it through the midfield
It's going to be a long hard season reading you whining again. ......

Dave John wrote:Clearly a disappointing result and performance.

I'm sure Mr Flynn knows that certain players weren't match fit. As Beefy said Crofts, Bennett ( so far off the pace - jogged everywhere ) and Dolan can't play in the same side for me.

It's only one match. As John Coleman said "no-one wants to go to Newport", we had better keep it that way.

Up the County.
Was he talking about Rodney Parade or Newport in general.

I was there yesterday and most people have covered the main points. But credit has to be given to Mansfield who played well in possession, pressed the ball and our players all the game and when that failed to do that, they did those niggly fouls to halt play and danger, they will definitely be near the top this season. On a positive note, although some of our play was poor and sluggish, in the second half we had 3 golden chances to score. Had 2 of those gone in, different story today. Not all doom and gloom and MF must have learnt something from that performance and his starting 11.

neilcork68 wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:Are we already missing Ben White at the back ?
Who wouldn't miss him.
What I do believe is that Demetriou plays better in a back 5 , Butler is better having more freedom to go forward knowing he has cover in Demtriou but MF plays them in a 4 .
Pipe is still first choice wingback/fullback
Bennett is a better centre half than midfield but he played him midfield.
Not starting with Sheehan .

All things that didnt help our peformance
Agree with all of that

allontheamber wrote:
Dave John wrote:Clearly a disappointing result and performance.

Up the County.
Was he talking about Rodney Parade or Newport in general.
:grin: Stop smearing the Venice of the South Wales Coast

whoareya wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:This is going to be a long hard season based on today's performance.....Yes I was there to witness it before anyone asks

It's going to be a long hard season reading you whining again. ......

You dont quite get what a forum is for do you with comments like that ????

You have the option to 'FOE ' me