Re: ivy bush

I'm laughing my arse off at the comment "as a pint isn't cheap these days", when referring to a range that goes from £2.20 to £3.50. If there was a £3.50 pint within 50 miles of where I live I'd probably spend half my time in there.

Not sure why the club doing a deal for discount at the ground and the Trust taking on the Ivy Bush (apparently) is somehow a conflict of interest. People will then have a choice, both benefiting the club in some way.

Also, it appears the reason "the club" hasn't issued a statement re: Ivy Bush is because "the club" hasn't got anything to do with it, as it's a Supporters' Trust initiative. So where are all the posts slagging off the Trust for not announcing this from all the conspiracy theorists? Or do they just not care about piddling stuff like this suddenly?

SJG99 wrote:I'm laughing my arse off at the comment "as a pint isn't cheap these days", when referring to a range that goes from £2.20 to £3.50. If there was a £3.50 pint within 50 miles of where I live I'd probably spend half my time in there.

Not sure why the club doing a deal for discount at the ground and the Trust taking on the Ivy Bush (apparently) is somehow a conflict of interest. People will then have a choice, both benefiting the club in some way.

Also, it appears the reason "the club" hasn't issued a statement re: Ivy Bush is because "the club" hasn't got anything to do with it, as it's a Supporters' Trust initiative. So where are all the posts slagging off the Trust for not announcing this from all the conspiracy theorists? Or do they just not care about piddling stuff like this suddenly?

I think in reality, like football tickets, beer hasn't risen too much in price over the years, in as much as, in 1984 my first pint of Brains Dark was 59p, which was around 1/4 of an hour's pay.....now in a similar type of pub, Brains Dark is still around 1/4 of an hour's pay.

County Valleyboy wrote:A number of pubs in Newport sell beer for under £2.50 a pint
But they don't give anything to their local football club!!!!

People don't have to drink in the Ivy Bush if they don't want to but those that do will be boosting the coffers of the County, that's our objective. UTC

Tony Soprano wrote:
County Valleyboy wrote:A number of pubs in Newport sell beer for under £2.50 a pint
But they don't give anything to their local football club!!!!

People don't have to drink in the Ivy Bush if they don't want to but those that do will be boosting the coffers of the County, that's our objective. UTC
I think it's a great idea if it makes a profit over a season. It's just starting up, so expecting a bit of spit n sawdust, but a bit of food available even if it's just pies & pasties from Iceland... buy for 89p sell for £2.... crisps, nuts, jerky beef.... and maybe in time hot bar food & meals... I can't wait to see what it's like. Needs to be a bit child friendly too ideally.

newgroundrodney wrote:
SJG99 wrote:I'm laughing my arse off at the comment "as a pint isn't cheap these days", when referring to a range that goes from £2.20 to £3.50. If there was a £3.50 pint within 50 miles of where I live I'd probably spend half my time in there.

I think in reality, like football tickets, beer hasn't risen too much in price over the years, in as much as, in 1984 my first pint of Brains Dark was 59p, which was around 1/4 of an hour's pay.....now in a similar type of pub, Brains Dark is still around 1/4 of an hour's pay.
I beg to differ on football tickets, especially big matches. I remember £8 FA Cup Final tickets in the 80s, cheapest now are £45 and most of them are £70. Football match prices underwent a massive hike in the 90s and even the £30 away limit in the Premier League doesn't bring them back in line with inflation. As for the Championship, ouch.