Re: ivy bush

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Really?
Rent doubled. Director quoted has saying the current situation is not viable,ticket office over the neon, shop over the kingsway, pub in Clarence place.
What part of that is not pretty obvious?
I agree one thing that is obvious and factually to me to date is as you say ticket office and shop in the Kingsway. That is different to what we were officially told previously would be happening. Pub in Clarence Place, still awaiting official announcement,although i have no reason to doubt it. As for the doubling of the rent i am still confused not having seen any official figures. Is it a yearly rent? plus yearly contribution to the pitch, £50,000 per year? plus match staging costs? Who knows what other costs? Far too many unanswered questions for me to come to a definitive conclusion. You may well have more information than me. My guess is (and it can only be a guess at this stage) is that the WRU has unfairly doubled the staging costs? Although Dragons chairmen has said it cannot be done cheaper? As with any disagreement/ difference of opinion i would always like to hear both sides take on things and all information available to me before apportioning blame. for what it's worth i want both the County and the Dragons ( I support both) to flourish harmoniously at RP. Too much to ask? probably.

If it comes to pass i'll probably pop into Ivy's bush Saturday before the game. Hope it proves successful

Didn't we hear info to the effect of : "the staging costs were under priced all along and they've only been put back up to what it should have been anyway. It still represents a good deal for the County"...... commercially speaking, I don't know what it would cost another club, in another stadium, to receive the same service as the one we get from RP stadium.
The more worrying issue is whether we're allowed to stay there past 2023...... my guess, and it's only a guess, is that we're not, but we'll probably go on appeasing them, or trying to when in reality we may be out on our arses anyway, WHATEVER we do to appease them.
What was it Winston Churchill said?: "appeasement is like feeding the crocodile in the hope that it eats you last"......

As an aside, will there be any kind of club branding, amber & black personalisation with pictures, shirts & memorabilia around the place. Will it look like it's a County bar - a new bar amber if you like? We we rename it 'Bar Amber'?
Shirts on the wall like we had in the Riverside would be nice.

newgroundrodney wrote:As an aside, will there be any kind of club branding, amber & black personalisation with pictures, shirts & memorabilia around the place. Will it look like it's a County bar - a new bar amber if you like? We we rename it 'Bar Amber'?
Shirts on the wall like we had in the Riverside would be nice.
hoping that will be the case. Loving your feeding the crocodile analogy

Our payments to WRU come in 3 parts
An annual fee - this is a set amount depending on which league we are in
Service charge
Staging costs

If I were negotiating on behalf of the WRU I could find an argument that we should pay a proportion of the pitch upgrade as part of the service charge.

Amberexile wrote:Our payments to WRU come in 3 parts
Service charge
Staging costs

If I were negotiating on behalf of the WRU I could find an argument that we should pay a proportion of the pitch upgrade as part of the service charge.
Not sure where i read or heard of a total figure of £220,000 payments to the WRU for last season. Any one know if that is anywhere near an accurate figure?

Service charge
Staging costs

Even though RP staff buggered up the pitch by dumping tonnes of sand all over it ?

Service charge
Staging costs

Seems reasonable enough, provided the constituent amounts if each cost are defined and easily recognisable. We have quite fluid fixtures so a staging cost would apply, depending on how well we do in cups, the number of home draws etc. But the service charge is intended to cover routine grounds and pitch maintenance - the tricky part being when the landlord decides that extensive capital works is necessary - he gets an asset of higher value and the tenants get to pay for it.....Forget all this froth about doubling of rent - it cannot be increased unless there is conditional provision in the agreement to do so - in which case the much lauded previous regime need to hang their heads in shame. If these tenancy issues really are as significant as implied I hope the club has had the foresight to have it reviewed by an accomplished Managing Agent or Chartered Surveyor to identify and reasonably withhold any disputed sums. For instance, the extent of excessive pitch wear and tear that the two rugby teams create.
Last edited by whoareya on August 9th, 2018, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

faerun exile wrote:
Service charge
Staging costs

Even though RP staff buggered up the pitch by dumping tonnes of sand all over it ?

Yes I agree . My view is that it is a misconception that the pitch was ruined by Phil Day sports , Howard and Dave Boddy. It was the maintenance that destroyed it as outlined in the independent report.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
faerun exile wrote:
Service charge
Staging costs

Yes I agree . My view is that it is a misconception that the pitch was ruined by Phil Day sports , Howard and Dave Boddy. It was the maintenance that destroyed it as outlined in the independent report.
Yes, the report suggested that the main drainage channels were intact, but the pitch drainage slits had been blocked by sand and heavy rolling of the surface? All these things can be tabled when disputing service charges, especially if they are backed up by independent (FL approved? ) reports.

Amberexile wrote:The problem we have is that the report also said that having 3 teams on a natural grass pitch just would not work and that a hybrid pitch was the way to go and even that may not be good enough.
It won't be good enough if the weather is inclement, no matter what pitch you have. As far as i know that cannot be controlled by the WRU or the Trust BOD.

Amberexile wrote:The problem we have is that the report also said that having 3 teams on a natural grass pitch just would not work and that a hybrid pitch was the way to go and even that may not be good enough.
And that's exactly the kind of detail you push back on the landlord - they demand a service charge so it's their responsibility to provide the service - if they choose to allow two other tenants to share the pitch then they should bear the consequences, unless we signed up to more ambiguous terms - in which case we just have to cough up. ...

Here's the thing, if the Ivy Bush initiative is fully backed by the club (rather than just a boycott on the part of fans), and the Club itself will be responsible for the management of the venture, then surely it tells us that either (a) such a move is fine with our landlord because actually the relationship is fine, or (b) things are so bad that nothing we do will make any difference, so let's stop trying to appease them anyway.

I trust The Club to make the right decision and not to enter into a venture that would set back our relationship with our landlord.

I still think we're out on our arses however nice we are to them.
I'm reminded of a conversation between an RP official and a steward on a matchday some reasonable time ago, and I heard the following statement made clear as day : "That's the way it's going to be, that's what we're doing, and I don't CARE what the football say!"........ if that sums up where we stand, then that's the hand we have to play.

whoareya wrote:
And that's exactly the kind of detail you push back on the landlord - they demand a service charge so it's their responsibility to provide the service - if they choose to allow two other tenants to share the pitch then they should bear the consequences, unless we signed up to more ambiguous terms - in which case we just have to cough up. ...
You are right, it is up to the WRU to provide the service, it is also up to us to pay a fair and reasonable proportion of the costs of doing so. One element of the services is to maintain the pitch to a suitable standard, so we have to pay a fair and reasonable proportion of the costs of doing that.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Service charge
Staging costs

Not sure where i read or heard of a total figure of £220,000 payments to the WRU for last season. Any one know if that is anywhere near an accurate figure?
If that’s true I’m astonished because that’s a bargain, just ask other L2 clubs what it costs to stage their games. I’d be shocked if we could get the same deal elsewhere ( even for double ).