Re: ivy bush

Football and rugby season-ticket holders can benefit from a drinks discount this season at Rodney Parade bars, following an annual operational and pricing review.
Newport County AFC, Newport RFC and Dragons will all benefit from bar revenues on match days this season, so to reward the most loyal supporters of both football and rugby in our City, season ticket holders will enjoy a 30p per pint price reduction on listed prices across the venue’s bars.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... rs-to-you/

penycwm county wrote:Football and rugby season-ticket holders can benefit from a drinks discount this season at Rodney Parade bars, following an annual operational and pricing review.
Newport County AFC, Newport RFC and Dragons will all benefit from bar revenues on match days this season, so to reward the most loyal supporters of both football and rugby in our City, season ticket holders will enjoy a 30p per pint price reduction on listed prices across the venue’s bars.

Nice little price drop that. Though in reality, Rodney Parade's beer prices aren't too bad, never have been. I remember having a pint in town, then the same pint in RP, and it was cheaper at RP, which for a sporting venue is good going.....

newgroundrodney wrote:
penycwm county wrote:Football and rugby season-ticket holders can benefit from a drinks discount this season at Rodney Parade bars, following an annual operational and pricing review.

Nice little price drop that. Though in reality, Rodney Parade's beer prices aren't too bad, never have been. I remember having a pint in town, then the same pint in RP, and it was cheaper at RP, which for a sporting venue is good going.....
If i remember right a pint of carling was £3.50 at the ground and the same pint £2.20 at the pub down the road

Amberexile wrote:Seems this is the WRU response to the Ivy Bush.

I think there'll still be plenty of drinkers over RP, some people like to drink early at the ground, watch people arrive, listen to music etc... I think the Ivy Bush will appeal to those who already drink away from RP, but will be attracted by the fact that the money goes to the Club.
Plenty of room for everyone to choose their preference.

big baz wrote:
Totally wrong. The season ticket discount was agreed a while ago but the club never released the info.

Next rumour?
In which case it does look like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Shambles.

Amberexile wrote:
big baz wrote:
Totally wrong. The season ticket discount was agreed a while ago but the club never released the info.

Next rumour?
In which case it does look like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Shambles.
I do to know whether the club were told not to release it until a certain date but I and a few others were told of it a few weeks back. Not by anyone from the county I must add

I'm not blowing the Ivy Bush trumpet here but a good friend & County fan passed away in the close season, his funeral was mid July & the wake was held at the marquee at RP, at a guess I'd say the beer/cider had been lying in the lines since the end of the football/rugby season, it was vile to say the least & I can honestly say I've never had an enjoyable pint over there in all the years I've been going there.
The lines were cleaned at the Ivy Bush today so I'd expect a nice pint in there tomorrow.
People have the right to drink where ever they like but as the price of a pint isn't cheap these days I'd rather an enjoyable 1 than a pint of dishwater.

mad norm wrote:I am surprised no-one has thought of opening a Bovril,Hot Chocolate and Coconut water bar... I am sure there is a mountain of fans who would support such an initiative.on match days
and then giving season ticket holders vouchers for free drinks in Starbucks :lol: