Transfer deadline day

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

rdh2210

Posts

307

Transfer deadline day

Postby rdh2210 » August 9th, 2018, 8:32 am

So today's the day.... Any rumours of new players coming in before the window closes at midnight? Am I right in thinking it closes for loans this year as well on this day?
no avatar
User

Loyalfoot

Posts

308

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby Loyalfoot » August 9th, 2018, 8:37 am

I can't see there being a rush
no avatar
User

flat4

Posts

63

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby flat4 » August 9th, 2018, 8:51 am

Suspect the purse may be empty, but then who know`s stranger things have happened.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

6047

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby George Street-Bridge » August 9th, 2018, 9:23 am

No, I believe for EFL clubs it's still 31 Aug for loans. Only the PL closes today.

I assume no changes to international loan rules?
no avatar
User

NearlyDead

Posts

276

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby NearlyDead » August 9th, 2018, 9:28 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:No, I believe for EFL clubs it's still 31 Aug for loans. Only the PL closes today.

I assume no changes to international loan rules?


Added to this, we can sign free agents until 31/8.

Also, players can be transferred out until another jurisdiction's window closure.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

6047

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby George Street-Bridge » August 9th, 2018, 9:39 am

Is that a change? I thought last season you could sign free agents after 31 Aug, as long as they weren't freed after that date?
no avatar
User

Collars

Posts

71

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby Collars » August 9th, 2018, 9:46 am

NearlyDead wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:No, I believe for EFL clubs it's still 31 Aug for loans. Only the PL closes today.

I assume no changes to international loan rules?


Added to this, we can sign free agents until 31/8.

Also, players can be transferred out until another jurisdiction's window closure.


So Real or Barca can still pinch our players until 31/8 :bounce:
no avatar
User

Trigger

Posts

468

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby Trigger » August 9th, 2018, 9:52 am

rdh2210 wrote:So today's the day.... Any rumours of new players coming in before the window closes at midnight? Am I right in thinking it closes for loans this year as well on this day?

Think it closes at 5 today!
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5756

Location

Sheffield

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby Amberexile » August 9th, 2018, 10:15 am

The transfer window for buying players from other clubs closes at 5PM today
The loan window closes on 31st August
We can sign unattached players at any time
We can sell players to clubs in other countries with different deadline days such as Spain 31st August, Italy 18th August but probably most likely for us Scotland - 1st September
no avatar
User

NearlyDead

Posts

276

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby NearlyDead » August 9th, 2018, 10:18 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:Is that a change? I thought last season you could sign free agents after 31 Aug, as long as they weren't freed after that date?


That is the statement I saw on the BBC's Red Button, and I've seen it stated like that elsewhere. But that is perhaps just the precis of the medium not giving the full facts. Because now you mention it, it would be rather draconian and a restraint of trade if you couldn't sign free agents (who are freed prior to 31/8/18) after the deadline.
no avatar
User

NearlyDead

Posts

276

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby NearlyDead » August 9th, 2018, 1:20 pm

Nothing happening today on the home front according to Pearlo on twitter
no avatar
User

owlsabout

Posts

606

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby owlsabout » August 9th, 2018, 1:47 pm

Hope my m8 from Bristol is winding me up , says a deal for Joe day cd be done today
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Posts

753

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby faerun exile » August 9th, 2018, 1:55 pm

owlsabout wrote:Hope my m8 from Bristol is winding me up , says a deal for Joe day cd be done today


Is that the same fella who told you Podge was off to Plymouth ?
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

6130

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby newgroundrodney » August 9th, 2018, 2:01 pm

faerun exile wrote:
owlsabout wrote:Hope my m8 from Bristol is winding me up , says a deal for Joe day cd be done today


Is that the same fella who told you Podge was off to Plymouth ?


Is is Bristol City or Rovers?..... cos I'm certain there was a scout from City sat next to me seemed to be making notes about him. Brazen as brass with a Bristol City bench coat on.
User avatar
User

penycwm county

Posts

1949

Location

Pembrokeshire

Re: Transfer deadline day

Postby penycwm county » August 9th, 2018, 2:03 pm

I just read a line that Newport swoops for keeper, then realised it was City and not us !
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amberexile, B0mbshell, Goddard & woods, llanwern exile, Marky, Willthiswork and 65 guests

Powered by phpBB ®