Re: Transfer deadline day

George Street-Bridge wrote:No, I believe for EFL clubs it's still 31 Aug for loans. Only the PL closes today.

I assume no changes to international loan rules?
Added to this, we can sign free agents until 31/8.

Also, players can be transferred out until another jurisdiction's window closure.

NearlyDead wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:No, I believe for EFL clubs it's still 31 Aug for loans. Only the PL closes today.

I assume no changes to international loan rules?
Added to this, we can sign free agents until 31/8.

Also, players can be transferred out until another jurisdiction's window closure.
So Real or Barca can still pinch our players until 31/8 :bounce:

The transfer window for buying players from other clubs closes at 5PM today
The loan window closes on 31st August
We can sign unattached players at any time
We can sell players to clubs in other countries with different deadline days such as Spain 31st August, Italy 18th August but probably most likely for us Scotland - 1st September

George Street-Bridge wrote:Is that a change? I thought last season you could sign free agents after 31 Aug, as long as they weren't freed after that date?
That is the statement I saw on the BBC's Red Button, and I've seen it stated like that elsewhere. But that is perhaps just the precis of the medium not giving the full facts. Because now you mention it, it would be rather draconian and a restraint of trade if you couldn't sign free agents (who are freed prior to 31/8/18) after the deadline.

faerun exile wrote:
owlsabout wrote:Hope my m8 from Bristol is winding me up , says a deal for Joe day cd be done today
Is that the same fella who told you Podge was off to Plymouth ?
Is is Bristol City or Rovers?..... cos I'm certain there was a scout from City sat next to me seemed to be making notes about him. Brazen as brass with a Bristol City bench coat on.