Re: GRANDSTAND? V Crewe 11/08/2019

Newportonian wrote:My one and only criticism for yesterday was that the lad from Bristol city that came on up front looked out of sorts and disoriented and off the pace almost a rabbit in headlights
I agree the first five minutes he looked over excited but I thought he then settled and looked the part and think he could a job for us. Harris looked a bit more composed but had the benfit / confidence of starting.

County ranger wrote:
Newportonian wrote:My one and only criticism for yesterday was that the lad from Bristol city that came on up front looked out of sorts and disoriented and off the pace almost a rabbit in headlights
I agree the first five minutes he looked over excited but I thought he then settled and looked the part and think he could a job for us. Harris looked a bit more composed but had the benfit / confidence of starting.
I thought he was OK as well. He certainly appeared to be thinking abut what he was doing and how to get into the game. Not surprising since he had not played before. I would rather a player try to use his brains than dash around like a headless chicken.

County ranger wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I remember in the Conference,fans saying "what does Max Porter do".He sat in midfield,closed down their players,put in tackles and was always available for a pass.That is what Crofts is doing,the non flash unsexy things that need doing.
Agree good post Crofts pulling the strings will free the creativity in Dolan and Sheehan
Agreed. Cannot understand the criticism of Croft.. He had a steady game, influential in mid-field , despite the fact he hadn't trained all week.