Re: Our Disabled fans

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:"Chuck them in the corner"??

How on earth can it be "County's disgrace" if in the same sentence you say "even though they had an insufficient time scale to do anything about it from the time that they became aware of it".

I'm pretty sure the ponchos are essential on the platform even when it's accessible.

Perhaps you need consider a couple of things. Firstly Newport County should have taken steps to be sure that this situation didn't arise. And to say that it's all the fault of the WRU is rather too easy. In legal vernacular we term it contributory negligence.

I can accept fully that Newport County simply made an error of oversight. These things happen even in the best run organizations. There are two types of response. Any competent business wouldn't strive to put things right so that it does not occur again.

A good business will apologize, even if the main fault does not lie with Newport County the responsibility does. It would then make amends. Reimburse those people, invite them into the directors box for the next home game. Put simply be proactive. The result of this would be a public relations triumph and it's the right thing to do.

A clueless badly led organization would shrug it's shoulders, allow the blame to fall on others, and 'refuse to comment on anything detrimental to the club'. It is not only the wrong thing to do it's also a public relations disaster.
A clueless poster would advocate people in wheelchairs being invited to the Directors box, even though it’s already been pointed out that they would not be able to see the match from the boxes.

Lysaght Dancer wrote: A clueless poster would advocate people in wheelchairs being invited to the Directors box, even though it’s already been pointed out that they would not be able to see the match from the boxes.
I am sure it's not beyond the ingenuity of man to solve that problem. In any event what do you think of the general premise of making amends rather than the shrugging of shoulders?

Edit.

Of course if we were ever to elect a director who was not ambulant, assuming you are correct that person would be discriminated against when watching Newport County. Which would indeed be shameful.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on August 14th, 2018, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bush wrote: They are our fans therefore they are our responsibility. This is a PR disaster really because even on the argus site and social media we are being slated. Time for the Chairman to invite all those people as a guest of his at the next game and have the argus print the story. Let the club publically apologise to the people then publically call out the facilities provided by the WRU as not good enough.

What we cant allow to happen is we start using our disabled fans as a stick to beat the WRU with. Also I cant believe in the argus we didn't comment on this. That looks poor.

As a club we have to take ownership of this and move on before this gets bigger and we are known as a club that doesn't look after our disabled fans which is nonsense because we know how much work the DSA have done the last few years.
agree bush but also we cant allow our disabled fans to be used as a stick to beat our own board with

xisle wrote:
Bush wrote: They are our fans therefore they are our responsibility. This is a PR disaster really because even on the argus site and social media we are being slated. Time for the Chairman to invite all those people as a guest of his at the next game and have the argus print the story. Let the club publically apologise to the people then publically call out the facilities provided by the WRU as not good enough.

What we cant allow to happen is we start using our disabled fans as a stick to beat the WRU with. Also I cant believe in the argus we didn't comment on this. That looks poor.

As a club we have to take ownership of this and move on before this gets bigger and we are known as a club that doesn't look after our disabled fans which is nonsense because we know how much work the DSA have done the last few years.
agree bush but also we cant allow our disabled fans to be used as a stick to beat our own board with
Disagree. This is a case of self flagellation if ever there was one.

Edit.

On reflection a better analogy might be that the directors in ignoring a simple oversight are perhaps making a rod for their own backs.

xisle wrote:i'd certainly listen to anything colin faulkener has to say on the issue before people like stan
i'm sure colin will know the facts and make sure appropriate action has and will be taken
County knew about the problem on Saturday. They were not in a position to comment on Tuesday, three days later.

Tell me, in saying that you would rather listen to a club official rather than 'people like stan' (sic) what is it you believe my instant response of making amends as soon as possible, could be improved upon after three days when the public relations battle has been lost?

allow me to rephrase
i would rather listen to somebody knowledgeable in the subject and in possession of the facts than someone spouting nonsense from a position of ignorance
i'd rather listen to somebody who would not use disabled fans as cannon fodder in a public relations battle
it may help us all to remember that these fans are people

xisle wrote:allow me to rephrase
i would rather listen to somebody knowledgeable in the subject and in possession of the facts than someone spouting nonsense from a position of ignorance
i'd rather listen to somebody who would not use disabled fans as cannon fodder in a public relations battle
it may help us all to remember that these fans are people

The Argus article was clear, some of our supporters and those assisting them were distressed. Three days after the event the club had no comment to make. The oversight on the part of the club is perfectly understandable. However the reaction of the club to this oversight is not.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
xisle wrote:i'd certainly listen to anything colin faulkener has to say on the issue before people like stan
i'm sure colin will know the facts and make sure appropriate action has and will be taken
County knew about the problem on Saturday. They were not in a position to comment on Tuesday, three days later.
I don’t know if you know any, but I’m pretty sure even a two bob lawyer would agree that if you are potentially preparing for a litigation against your landlord, commented publicly on said Landlord possibly breaching your agreement, is probably not a good idea.

County Exile wrote:Isn't that what people are doing?
Not really. My point is that in not being prepared to respond County have shot themselves in the foot. The oversight happened and a well organized club would have been able to recognise that there was a public relations problem and dealt with it in such a way as to negate the damage and perhaps turn it into a positive.

Whether we like it or not we now have bad publicity. I don't see anyone saying why my view is wrong. Just the usual insults.