Re: Our Disabled fans

No insults from me.

The point I was making was that the only reference to the club failing to comment I have seen is from the Argus when they asked for a comment. That doesn't mean to say the club aren't dealing with the matter through the appropriate channels and speaking to the relevant people.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
County Exile wrote:Isn't that what people are doing?
Not really. My point is that in not being prepared to respond County have shot themselves in the foot. The oversight happened and a well organized club would have been able to recognise that there was a public relations problem and dealt with it in such a way as to negate the damage and perhaps turn it into a positive.

Whether we like it or not we now have bad publicity. I don't see anyone saying why my view is wrong. Just the usual insults.
Only my opinion, Stan, but the bad publicity should be directed at those responsible for the maintenance of the stadium, the landlords.

xisle wrote:yep i was right when i said the message wouldn't get through
You are right.

A few hundred people read this board. With a circulation of over 13,000 and a website, many thousands more people will read the Argus.

The story that is out there is that disabled supporters were distressed and the club three days later had no response.

The story that could have been out there was that Newport County were aware of the distress of some supporters living with disabilities. That the club were sorry and were going to both ensure it didn't happen again and would make a gesture to make amends.

But as you say, the message just didn't get through.

George Street-Bridge wrote:"Chuck them in the corner"??

How on earth can it be "County's disgrace" if in the same sentence you say "even though they had an insufficient time scale to do anything about it from the time that they became aware of it".

I'm pretty sure the ponchos are essential on the platform even when it's accessible.
The term "chuck them in the corner" was used deliberately as it illustrates how disabled customers are seen by the three organisations using RP despite the work done by the DSA. I'm sorry if it offends but I feel it cuts through the BS and gets to the nub of the problem.

Lets just deal with Saturday. Lets say that County were unaware of the problem until the day of the match, so how do you resolve the problem? I can think of 2 easy solutions that would give them a good vantage point and kept them dry - Bisley Suite or in that area above the dressing rooms. Have free coffee and a programme for the inconvenience.

Of course these two areas could have been used for many years to welcome disabled fans to the club rather than exposing them to more limited views and the elements. Why haven't County done it? Anything to do with the sale of VIP packages?

"Chuck them in the corner" sums up fairly succinctly how County deal with their disabled fans. "You're not really welcome here" could be another.

It is a bloody disgrace and all involved with County should be ashamed of themselves...

Cornish Exile wrote:
Only my opinion, Stan, but the bad publicity should be directed at those responsible for the maintenance of the stadium, the landlords.
As I said the WRU are at fault. I think I called their behaviour disgraceful.

However Newport County hired Rodney Parade. Newport County took the money from those supporters. Newport County had a contract with those supporters which they/we failed to fulfil.

Only my opinion Cornish but you don't really think things through, do you?

One lift upto Bisley, as far as I'm aware. Doubt there is any such access to Burnett Suite.
From Bisley boxes the only way of viewing for a wheelchair-user is fro them to sit in the box doorway with the door open, I know this because that is where my friend views from.

The situation is awful, but please let us stop having people point scoring on here over such a subject.

wattsville_boy wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:"Chuck them in the corner"??

How on earth can it be "County's disgrace" if in the same sentence you say "even though they had an insufficient time scale to do anything about it from the time that they became aware of it".

I'm pretty sure the ponchos are essential on the platform even when it's accessible.
The term "chuck them in the corner" was used deliberately as it illustrates how disabled customers are seen by the three organisations using RP despite the work done by the DSA. I'm sorry if it offends but I feel it cuts through the BS and gets to the nub of the problem.

Lets just deal with Saturday. Lets say that County were unaware of the problem until the day of the match, so how do you resolve the problem? I can think of 2 easy solutions that would give them a good vantage point and kept them dry - Bisley Suite or in that area above the dressing rooms. Have free coffee and a programme for the inconvenience.

Of course these two areas could have been used for many years to welcome disabled fans to the club rather than exposing them to more limited views and the elements. Why haven't County done it? Anything to do with the sale of VIP packages?

"Chuck them in the corner" sums up fairly succinctly how County deal with their disabled fans. "You're not really welcome here" could be another.

It is a bloody disgrace and all involved with County should be ashamed of themselves...

Wattsville mate,

I have often disagreed with you. No doubt I will in the future.

However you sum up my feelings on this matter far more elegantly than I have. I wish I had written that which you have. My only additional point would be that instead of addressing the issue, our club have simply gone into shutdown.

Now Stanley, go put the kettle on please.
My response was to you and your normal tactic of spinning others words to suit your argument. Typical of a Barrista. Two sugars please.
The situation re disabled supporters is awful. I sit in an area where we have 2 such supporters. Without their friends they could attend. No help from the club at all.

It is your modus operandi that I detest , not always your views.