Re: Our Disabled fans

Threadbare wrote:No I haven't.
Point out any views you may have, but not in the manner you do and you would have a far more receptive audience.
Of course you won't or can't because you believe you are a superior being, being a coffe maker and all that.
Can't wait for your next ban.
That is your view. It is not one I share. You are entitled to hold and express that view. I have no problem with you doing so.

To write in terms, isn't this board so much nicer without Stan? Is again a view I do not share. Again you are perfectly entitled to hold and express that view.

However to within ten minutes to post up, let's not use this board to score points, is pure hypocrisy. I know it and what is more, so do you.

Threadbare wrote:Like all coffee makers then ?
Pretty much your standard dialogue isn't it.

Now be careful Stanley boy you are accusing me of lying.

Perhaps time for me to chat to the mods.

I am not lying.

By the way did you know that the average person lies about sixteen times a day. It's in the same Tedtalk. I certainly do, and so does everyone else.

Ain't that the truth.

You know the world is so full of people determined to take offence.

Sweet dreams old boy.

Stan's back !!!!

And within a couple of days he's contradicting his utopia of transparency , because .... NO BUGGER KNOWS WHAT LANGUAGE HE SPEAKS ????

Stan . If you weren't so condescending and if you used plain English "football speak" instead of Court Room talk , then others may take you a bit more to heart ??

Have you been storing these big words up during your 1 month ban ???

If you wanted to be constructive on this topic , you would (and probably should) give some idea on how our disabled fans would stand LEGALLY with whoever is responsible for this shoddy affair

BTW ...... how the HELL was Ben Stokes found "not guilty" ???
Just shows the shambles which is our legal system from which you make/made a living ...

More transparency needed there maybe ??? :roll:

Corpaboy wrote:Stan's back !!!!

And within a couple of days he's contradicting his utopia of transparency , because .... NO BUGGER KNOWS WHAT LANGUAGE HE SPEAKS ????

Stan . If you weren't so condescending and if you used plain English "football speak" instead of Court Room talk , then others may take you a bit more to heart ??

Have you been storing these big words up during your 1 month ban ???

If you wanted to be constructive on this topic , you would (and probably should) give some idea on how our disabled fans would stand LEGALLY with whoever is responsible for this shoddy affair

BTW ...... how the HELL was Ben Stokes found "not guilty" ???
Just shows the shambles which is our legal system from which you make/made a living ...

More transparency needed there maybe ??? :roll:
For Ben Stokes go to the every thing else section of this board where I explain why he was acquitted. I mention this only in passing but if Mr Stokes were to bring an action for libel you would have no defence. Don't worry I am sure he won't.

Okay to answer your question about the matter to hand. Newport County had a contract with every spectator at Rodney Parade on Saturday. It would in my opinion be an implied term of that contract that the spectators would be able to watch the game in reasonable comfort.

Now this situation is academic, it is not going to be litigated but the contract is clearly between County and the spectators who were distressed. Now County could argue that they were unaware of the shortcomings of the stadium and were therefore not liable. However were I drafting the claim I would write that Newport County were in fundamental breach of contract because they knew or ought to have known that the stadium was substandard with respect to the needs of non ambulant spectators.

However and for the final time. What happened on Saturday was just an unfortunate oversight. Wrong no doubt but an oversight which happens in the real world we live in. My complaint is with the totally cack handed way our club has handled the situation. Instead of putting it right, apologising and making amends, three days after the event they were not in a position to comment. That is the story that is in the Argus and the damage has been done.

Frankly I just don't understand why that seems to be beyond the comprehension of some posters on this board. I don't set out to offend people but this inability to acknowledge error by the club or indeed by some of the sycophantic posters on here is damaging our reputation.

If you make mistakes and acknowledge them, you learn. If you can't accept when you are in error you are condemned to make the same mistakes over and over again.

I am no fan of the present Board as I believe that once elected they have proceeded to treat their members with utter contempt.
However in this instance they have my sympathy as I think they find themselves in a no win situation.

In my view the problem with the disability access was no oversight on the part of our landlords, but more a continuation of an orchestrated attempt to make life difficult for County at RP. The WRU are applying pressure for reasons it is difficult to fathom, with the only logical conclusion being that they want us out. I noted that the WRU have stated that the ramps will be in place for the Dragon’s game this Friday, what a surprise.
Remember that the only time we get to see the ground is on a match day, and at a time of great tensions in the relationship, going public with criticisms of our landlords would not be constructive.

Mind you, if we find ourselves trying to negotiate with an immovable object, then putting matters before the court of public opinion may be the only way to go.
Last edited by Taunton Iron Cider on August 15th, 2018, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

wattsville_boy wrote: I can think of 2 easy solutions that would give them a good vantage point and kept them dry - Bisley Suite or in that area above the dressing rooms. Have free coffee and a programme for the inconvenience... "Chuck them in the corner" sums up fairly succinctly how County deal with their disabled fans. "You're not really welcome here" could be another. It is a bloody disgrace and all involved with County should be ashamed of themselves...
There are complications around the (now frankly absurd) rules on being able to watch a game even through glass in an area where alcohol is served which mean viewing from the Bisley Suite can't necessarily be organised on the hoof.

I've never been to the changing room block. That sounds like an idea but is there a lift?

Instead of "all involved with County should be ashamed" I'd rather take pride in club volunteers working their butts off to make people as comfortable as the ground permits.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote: I can think of 2 easy solutions that would give them a good vantage point and kept them dry - Bisley Suite or in that area above the dressing rooms. Have free coffee and a programme for the inconvenience... "Chuck them in the corner" sums up fairly succinctly how County deal with their disabled fans. "You're not really welcome here" could be another. It is a bloody disgrace and all involved with County should be ashamed of themselves...
There are complications around the (now frankly absurd) rules on being able to watch a game even through glass in an area where alcohol is served which mean viewing from the Bisley Suite can't necessarily be organised on the hoof.

I've never been to the changing room block. That sounds like an idea but is there a lift?

Instead of "all involved with County should be ashamed" I'd rather take pride in club volunteers working their butts off to make people as comfortable as the ground permits.
With regards to that last sentence - well said.

Some on here like analogies:
In a bombing raid there will be some people jumping up and down waving their fists furiously towards the skies whilst at the very same time others will be putting out fires, tending to those injured and looking for solutions. Our volunteers on the ground/at the ground will get things done, social media allows others to do nothing other than to wail.

In my view Fourthousand is simply wrong.

The fact is that the South Wales Argus has a far greater and wider readership than this board. The South Wales Argus has run a factually accurate story which is highly damaging to the reputation of our club. The South Wales Argus published this story four days after the event described.

All that is fact. It may not be the full factual basis of what happened but it is nonetheless factual.

Newport County had four days in which to work out a response. And the response of Newport County was?

No comment.

Back in the day I defended any number of miscreants. Some were acquitted, many were convicted. Without exception in every trial a Police interview with the defendant was either read or played.

I genuinely can't recall any occasion when a defendant who gave a no comment interview was acquitted. And for us our no comment looks even worse. Not only does it imply guilt in the court of public opinion it also implies that the club doesn't care. And no matter what the club now do the cynics will simply say. 'Well they're only saying that now because they have been caught out.'

I don't suppose for one moment that Newport County football club, it's officials or directors are heartless individuals. I don't think that it is the case that they don't care about the supporters with disabilities. But that's how it looks.

Edit.

And whilst we are on the subject, and just to show that my only agenda is the well-being of Newport County, if I were a director this is what I would do now at 10-18 in the forenoon of August 15th, 2018. I would contact the Argus, say all the things I would do to make amends that I have written above. And in addition to that I would add that our initial response wasn't good enough, that we apologize for that, and are now as a matter of urgency putting in place procedures to ensure it does not occur again.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: ... The fact is that the South Wales Argus has a far greater and wider readership than this board. The South Wales Argus has run a factually accurate story which is highly damaging to the reputation of our club. The South Wales Argus published this story four days after the event described. All that is fact. It may not be the full factual basis of what happened but it is nonetheless factual...
The match was played on 11th August. The Argus report was published on the 13th. The first reader comment there is timed 1829 so I'm guessing not long before then.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: ... The fact is that the South Wales Argus has a far greater and wider readership than this board. The South Wales Argus has run a factually accurate story which is highly damaging to the reputation of our club. The South Wales Argus published this story four days after the event described. All that is fact. It may not be the full factual basis of what happened but it is nonetheless factual...
The match was played on 11th August. The Argus report was published on the 13th. The first reader comment there is timed 1829 so I'm guessing not long before then.
Okay two days.

Out of interest I would be interested in your views. For me there has been a failing by both us and the WRU. Regrettable but these things happen.

It took me all of ten seconds to work out how I think we should have responded. If you think either my response would have been wrong, please say so. If you have another idea as to how the club should of responded I would really be interested to know what that is. If you think that the no comment response was correct I would fundamentally disagree but it is a view.

George I am not points scoring here. I now you are a person who has to live with a certain level of disability. On this topic you have an insight I don't. I would like to know what you really think.