Re: Our Disabled fans

newgroundrodney wrote:Is the rearmost step on the North Terrace wide enough for a wheelchair to travel along? Could they have not been taken in through the gate via turnstile No.3 and along the back of the terrace (assuming it's accessible to the back row) and along to the 'conservatory' as usual.?
Yes it is wide enough, but there’s no access to it, the ramp is the only way

Colin Faulkner wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Is the rearmost step on the North Terrace wide enough for a wheelchair to travel along? Could they have not been taken in through the gate via turnstile No.3 and along the back of the terrace (assuming it's accessible to the back row) and along to the 'conservatory' as usual.?
Yeah I just noticed that looking at a photo of it. Just chucking ideas around really.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Colin Faulkner wrote:
Yeah I just noticed that looking at a photo of it. Just chucking ideas around really.

No probs bud. We have recommended a scissor lift at the side of the terrace between that and the Bisley Suite. This would also enable supporters to get to the toilet facilities quicker rather than having to leave the stadium and come back in. It is being looked into but the temporary structure would be needed in case of a stadium evacuation.

Colin Faulkner wrote:
Please pass on my sincere apologies to the Dragons staff and WRU for my unjustified criticism. I had no idea this job was so complex, I just hope they are able to source an engineering company somewhere in the world in time to solve this problem before Friday's Dragons match.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: For me there has been a failing by both us and the WRU... I would like to know what you really think.
Well, as I said earlier in the thread in some respects Rodney Parade hasn't advanced much in 50 years and although I'm not blame-obsessed, that has to be down to the proprietors. I think County had every right to expect the ground to be fit for purpose at the start of the season.

I think it's entirely appropriate for supporters to raise the issue via social media, but that the club for now at least works behind the scenes. I think the Council should take an interest, although I don't pay my council tax in Newport. If we say the sports teams are ambassadors for Newport, Rodney Parade is its embassy.

It looks like the council's planning and/or sports ground licensing departments dropped a brick when the ground was developed. The Heath-Robinson ramp looks like an afterthought, and a late one at that. It looks bloody hard work to get a wheelchair up it and hazardous to get one down.

The parking arrangements shame a city's only professional sports stadium in 2018. Two or three spaces on a very steep slope by the wheelchair ramp. The obvious area for properly designated and officially stewarded blue badge spaces was apparently occupied by rugby players' cars ahead of getting a coach to an away friendly. The DSA have to fight tooth and nail for any use of that area.

What really, really baffles me is why the owners of any ground wouldn't hanker after the good publicity to be had from providing the best possible service to people using their premises who happen to have disabilities, and why new owners wouldn't prioritise it if it had been neglected.

It's only fair to mention that there was never any stewarding at all of disability parking at Spytty, although obviously it was much more user-friendly.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: For me there has been a failing by both us and the WRU... I would like to know what you really think.
Well, as I said earlier in the thread in some respects Rodney Parade hasn't advanced much in 50 years and although I'm not blame-obsessed, that has to be down to the proprietors. I think County had every right to expect the ground to be fit for purpose at the start of the season.

I think it's entirely appropriate for supporters to raise the issue via social media, but that the club for now at least works behind the scenes. I think the Council should take an interest, although I don't pay my council tax in Newport. If we say the sports teams are ambassadors for Newport, Rodney Parade is its embassy.

It looks like the council's planning and/or sports ground licensing departments dropped a brick when the ground was developed. The Heath-Robinson ramp looks like an afterthought, and a late one at that. It looks bloody hard work to get a wheelchair up it and hazardous to get one down.

The parking arrangements shame a city's only professional sports stadium in 2018. Two or three spaces on a very steep slope by the wheelchair ramp. The obvious area for properly designated and officially stewarded blue badge spaces was apparently occupied by rugby players' cars ahead of getting a coach to an away friendly. The DSA have to fight tooth and nail for any use of that area.

What really, really baffles me is why the owners of any ground wouldn't hanker after the good publicity to be had from providing the best possible service to people using their premises who happen to have disabilities, and why new owners wouldn't prioritise it if it had been neglected.

It's only fair to mention that there was never any stewarding at all of disability parking at Spytty, although obviously it was much more user-friendly.
I agree entirely other that as occupiers Newport County can't not take some responsibility. We did after all take the money off the spectators who were inconvenienced.

Very pleased to report blue badge spaces were reserved last night with labelled cones, on the level tarmac approaching the Bisley - as they should have been since long before County moved to Rodney Parade, out of the landlords' own self-respect.

Arrived very early at 6.00, so it may even be the stadium staff did it before the DSA volunteers arrived which would be particularly welcome.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Very pleased to report blue badge spaces were reserved last night with labelled cones, on the level tarmac approaching the Bisley - as they should have been since long before County moved to Rodney Parade, out of the landlords' own self-respect.

Arrived very early at 6.00, so it may even be the stadium staff did it before the DSA volunteers arrived which would be particularly welcome.
Were the ramp issues resolved?

newgroundrodney wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Very pleased to report blue badge spaces were reserved last night with labelled cones, on the level tarmac approaching the Bisley - as they should have been since long before County moved to Rodney Parade, out of the landlords' own self-respect.

Were the ramp issues resolved?

Looked like it was fans back in normal space

But I still say it's to far away give them a decent view