Re: Thank you Bar Amber @the Ivy Bush

[quote="rncfc"]Thought it worked well. As someone else has said above, if it's possible to knock out cans or bottles at a large profit margin somewhere external to the bar that would work for me personally, and might get over the large queues which naturally formed at around 2pm.

I'm not precious about whether I drink from a glass, bottle or can. £2.00 a can or bottle, having bought them from the cash 'n' carry for about 80p sounds good business to me![/quote

Done. We will sort it. UTC

newgroundrodney wrote:I think selling cans is a good idea. Even at current supermarket prices, a can of Carling from Asda is 97p a pint when bought in a box of 12 x 440ml cans.... so £2 a can would run out at £2.58 a pint, giving us £24 return on a £9 case.
The thing about cans, is beers like Guinness Draught, Worthington, Caffreys etc, when cold, when poured into a glass, are every bit as good as over the bar, often you can't tell the difference....but they need to be cold! If I remember correctly, RP sold cans at £4 each which works out at £5.16 a pint.
If we get the pricing, the size of the can, and the range right, we'll make a killing!

Can I make a suggestion?..... why not poll the fans and ASK them what beers to sell?
" From the ten items listed, please indicate your favourite 6 items in order of preference"...something like that. This is an ideal opportunity for some fan engagement on something that really matters, because it'll make the club money.... ASK THE FANS is what I say.
We will have an obligation to our main beer provider for what is available being Heineken but they have all sorts of different brands names unde their name

If you would like to set up a different thread on your suggestion that would be fantastic and then we gauge the responses. UTC and thank you.

Cromwellend2 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I think selling cans is a good idea. Even at current supermarket prices, a can of Carling from Asda is 97p a pint when bought in a box of 12 x 440ml cans.... so £2 a can would run out at £2.58 a pint, giving us £24 return on a £9 case.
The thing about cans, is beers like Guinness Draught, Worthington, Caffreys etc, when cold, when poured into a glass, are every bit as good as over the bar, often you can't tell the difference....but they need to be cold! If I remember correctly, RP sold cans at £4 each which works out at £5.16 a pint.
If we get the pricing, the size of the can, and the range right, we'll make a killing!

Can I make a suggestion?..... why not poll the fans and ASK them what beers to sell?
" From the ten items listed, please indicate your favourite 6 items in order of preference"...something like that. This is an ideal opportunity for some fan engagement on something that really matters, because it'll make the club money.... ASK THE FANS is what I say.
We will have an obligation to our main beer provider for what is available being Heineken but they have all sorts of different brands names unde their name

If you would like to set up a different thread on your suggestion that would be fantastic and then we gauge the responses. UTC and thank you.

I shall do... I shall evaluate it by only taking serious replies into account: A product that receives a 1st favourite vote will receive 6 pts, 2nd favourite 5 pts and so on, and so on..... the 6 top scoring products will be those that the fans AS A WHOLE have expressed a preference for.... a bit like Whiskas cat food, but with beer! :grin:
Last edited by newgroundrodney on August 13th, 2018, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cromwellend2 wrote:

If it’s Heineken, Amstel, Tiger and Sol should all be available. Can’t see that they make a Guinness type beverage but cider drinkers will be ok with Strongbow and other ciders available. As long as there’s a Jameson’s for me to chase them down I’ll be happy!

Edit: sorry I couldn’t join you for the opening, so ill I spent overnight in A&E but hope to pop in soon.

Hi Ryan,great to see it was busy,how did you manage for glasses?.Thinking back to the days when we had the King and it was expected to be a crowd in.We would have one volunteer just collecting used glasses and a second volunteer washing them and restacking them.That way the bar staff could concentrate on serving and have no worries of running out of clean ones.You may already have done that but it's worth considering if you didn't.

Percy plunkett wrote:Hi Ryan,great to see it was busy,how did you manage for glasses?.Thinking back to the days when we had the King and it was expected to be a crowd in.We would have one volunteer just collecting used glasses and a second volunteer washing them and restacking them.That way the bar staff could concentrate on serving and have no worries of running out of clean ones.You may already have done that but it's worth considering if you didn't.
Yep that's the way we did it but we need to get quicker, looking at putting a second till in soon

Percy plunkett wrote:Hi Ryan,great to see it was busy,how did you manage for glasses?.Thinking back to the days when we had the King and it was expected to be a crowd in.We would have one volunteer just collecting used glasses and a second volunteer washing them and restacking them.That way the bar staff could concentrate on serving and have no worries of running out of clean ones.You may already have done that but it's worth considering if you didn't.
Or buy as many drinks as possible in plastic bottles - a lot of lagers are available in plastic bottles, so no need for glasses and also safer for serving outside in the 'garden'.

westsider wrote:How many women in there - not suggesting that it's men only but is it very male orientated? What is there to drink, other than beer? Are there ciders - be nice if there are and if they're something other than the bog standard, Strongbow, Thatchers and Blackthorn. If not, I'm afraid it'll continue to be Spoons or Tiny Rebel for me - both of whom also do decent food at reasonable prices and provide a choice.
Where as the trust are asking for ideas to make fans experience when they visit surely the whole purpose of this set up is to make money for the club even if it’s not your type of place or you don’t like certain drinks surely you can be more constructive then do you only sell these drinks if so I’m gonna crying on drinking in town!