Re: New BAR AMBER, 'what brands should they sell?' poll..

All these people mentioning Tiny Rebel ales and no-one has yet gone for Frambuzzi. It's mad stuff that!!

But realistically none of the closer local brewers will supply as it'll hit trade in their own establishments. Looking slightly further afield there is a cider maker I believe in Crumlin (though don't know it's name) and Tudor Brewery in Llanhilleth. Isn't Rhymney Brewery in Blaenavon?

Loads to choose from...

POLL CLOSED

Here are the 30 most popular brands as chosen:

Carling
Peroni
Guinness
Tiny Rebel (unspecified item)
Cwtch
Stella
San Miguel
Doombar
Amstel
Fosters
Worthington
Carlsberg
Dark fruits
Thatchers
Caffrey's
Coor's light
Wadworths 6X
Birra Moretti
Stowfords
Estrella Damm
T.Reb Clwb Tropicana
Rhymney Export
St.Austell HSD
Beatbox
Punk IPA
St.Austell proper job
Thornbridge Jaipur
Kopparberg mix fruit
John Smith's
Strongbow

newgroundrodney wrote:POLL CLOSED

Carling
Peroni
Guinness
Cwtch
Stella
San Miguel
Doombar
Amstel
Fosters
Worthington
Carlsberg
Dark fruits
Thatchers
Caffrey's
Coor's light
Wadworths 6X
Birra Moretti
Stowfords
Estrella Damm
T.Reb Clwb Tropicana
Rhymney Export
St.Austell HSD
Beatbox
Punk IPA
St.Austell proper job
Thornbridge Jaipur
Kopparberg mix fruit
John Smith's
Strongbow
That's one HELL of a bar !!!!
Bring it on ......... :drunken: :drunken: :bom:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Many years ago I was on a date. We went to an Italian restaurant. The waiter proffered us the wine list. "No need for that." Said my Venus made flesh. "I know exactly what I want." For a moment I was awe struck. "I don't know what you call it but it's that red fizzy stuff as gets you p!ssed."
I get what you're saying Stan, but I've been to plenty of events / hospitality even weddings, where it has been a case of "you can have either Rev James or Heineken".... cos that was all that was available.
For a pub run by The Trust for the fans, this is a good chance to allow fans a bit of say.
They're looking to sell cans & bottles in some kind of overflow outlet, and there is no reason a good range cannot be available.

Admittedly this was only a small representative sample, but at one point over 200 people were online and could have expressed their preferences.
If they choose say 6-8 from the list of "most preferred" they have a good chance of selling some product......although I do recognise that it all goes down the same way, a bit of variety would be nice.

I actually believe, that this SORT of thing is where the club are missing out on engagement. They should be asking our preferences on a number of issues, much more than they are.

But the 200 online won't be customers of the Ivy Bush. I'm guessing that most who go in there will have a pint of 'whatever you've got'. They won't walk away if it wasn't on the most wanted list. Personally I'd want a real ale, not a real ale brewery produced canned version. Therein lies the problem. Without regular opening hours through the week, it will go stale from one Saturday to the next.

excessbee wrote:But the 200 online won't be customers of the Ivy Bush. I'm guessing that most who go in there will have a pint of 'whatever you've got'. They won't walk away if it wasn't on the most wanted list. Personally I'd want a real ale, not a real ale brewery produced canned version. Therein lies the problem. Without regular opening hours through the week, it will go stale from one Saturday to the next.
So its surely got to be bottles and cans from the tied supplier then?

People need to remember its for the sole benefit of the club, not an annual reunion for CAMRA beards.
Surely if people go into this with that in mind, and as long as bottles and cans are cold and readily available then it should be acceptable?

Corpaboy wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:POLL CLOSED

Carling
Peroni
Guinness
Cwtch
Stella
San Miguel
Doombar
Amstel
Fosters
Worthington
Carlsberg
Dark fruits
Thatchers
Caffrey's
Coor's light
Wadworths 6X
Birra Moretti
Stowfords
Estrella Damm
T.Reb Clwb Tropicana
Rhymney Export
St.Austell HSD
Beatbox
Punk IPA
St.Austell proper job
Thornbridge Jaipur
Kopparberg mix fruit
John Smith's
Strongbow
That's one HELL of a bar !!!!
Bring it on ......... :drunken: :drunken: :bom:

Yes, it like the Ivy Bush is going to hold a beer festival !

whoareya wrote:
excessbee wrote:But the 200 online won't be customers of the Ivy Bush. I'm guessing that most who go in there will have a pint of 'whatever you've got'. They won't walk away if it wasn't on the most wanted list. Personally I'd want a real ale, not a real ale brewery produced canned version. Therein lies the problem. Without regular opening hours through the week, it will go stale from one Saturday to the next.
So its surely got to be bottles and cans from the tied supplier then?

People need to remember its for the sole benefit of the club, not an annual reunion for CAMRA beards.
Surely if people go into this with that in mind, and as long as bottles and cans are cold and readily available then it should be acceptable?
There are many excellent craft ales available on keg these days. Sure they are not real ales but very good all the same.