Re: League Cup Grandstand - Cambridge Away

County Exile wrote:I knew it began with "F" :-)
Good Morning!

It certainly began with an “F” in this house!

Wasn’t listening as haven’t renewed I follow yet, and as it was Cambridge I could quite easily have been there, however the financial stresses of going to the last two games stretched the budget a little.
Saturday alone cost in the region of £160 for the three of us , hmmm...

Phil in Npton

Percy plunkett wrote:Would have taken 4-1 before game but slightly disappointed to concede a late pen to stop clean sheet.Even more gutted thinking about Phil and his unlikely weekly bet.
MF and the boys should be told about this and apologise. If they haven't yet, it's a disgrace a disgrace big time I tell you. :grin:

I feel particularly bad as I was the one who told Phil we were 0-4 up with a few minutes to go as he didn't know the score. Ouch.

Triangle wrote:Happy with that result. Sat in a hotel room in West Des Moines Iowa. Been having trouble posting back home...Jim raised an issue that I was having. Was that ever resolved?

Were you referring to the problem with the prediction league? I asked about this a few days ago, it hasn't been quite resolved yet but Reebok has put up a new link to the table and it works. Yippee.

I wondered if Cambridge had put out a weakened team but they made only two changes from the side that beat Notts County on Saturday. The video highlights don't show the full move for goal no. 2 but from what we are shown Semenyo's was at least as good. Unfortunately you have to register to read Cambridge's forum but I'm guessing they aren't happy with the defending. :grin:

And I like all three of this season's kits, which is a rarity.

george street-bridge wrote:-
Unfortunately you have to register to read Cambridge's forum but I'm guessing they aren't happy with the defending
They aren't happy with quite a few things about their team on there. :grin:

It does make me chuckle at the arrogance of some on opposition forums when they are beaten by little old Newport. On Cambridge last night it was
Getting completely and utterly outplayed at home by the likes of Newport, should certainly make alarm bells ring
On Crewe Saturday it was
you have to go for a win against teams like Newport
Hells bells this was Newport and should have been a comfortable win
and
Its one of those games where we played a poor side who make life difficult at home and we looked an even worse side
Don't they realise they play in League 2 so they ARE "the likes of Newport" :lol: 2 sides that finished below us last season and in Cambridge's case we have beaten them on the last 4 occasions we played them. So what were they expecting?

NearlyDead wrote: What I was impressed with with Semenyo's goal was in the build up he could quite easily have gone to ground having been charged in the back (indeed, looked like a foul to me), but he resisted and pulled away.
Yeah he's quite stocky and strong for his age, did show that in how he held off that defender.

Amond on fire and two players scoring debut goals. Won't do confidence any harm.

Skate Exile wrote:Last nights performance was the best away performance I have witnessed since we beat Bristol Rovers away. Some of the football last night was of such a high standard that it was amazing to watch.

Amond is on fire this season, I feel if we can keep him fit we have a great chance of getting in the play off places.
Spot on. We were excellent last night.

As for Amond, in the 90th minute when we were 4 up he was still sprinting back 50 yards into our half to defend their keeper's kick up field. A quality striker with great engine and attitude. I reckon if we can improve the service to him, as last night, week in week out he'll raise his game even higher. When he does leave us, he'll be up there with Jacko and Byrne as players we will find hard to replace (since reformation).

I suppose different contracts differing terms, whilst we prob are doing all in our capability to keep them, it’s whether we can offer enough to keep them, they are in the shop window now and good luck to them for that, they will be represented by people who will be out for the best deal for them, and rightfully so, it’s just history shows that we struggle to compete with the bigger (let’s face it of which there are many), when it comes down to pounds and pennies.