Communication FAO Kev Ward

Not a moan an observation and a potential solution. So much going on at our club - Appauling treatment of our disabled fans, ongoing saga with WRU, ticket office arrangements match by match,resignation of three directors, rumours the commercial manager has gone, opening of Ivy Bush etc etc and yet no communication from club, we were promised transparency and the club has not fulfilled this and hence one director resigns due to this. If a premier league club can repsect their fans and keep them updated why cant we? We are a fans owned club. I get we dont have the same staffing structure but we do have Kev Ward, media guru who could be utilised in my opinion to provide regular updates to us fans this would stop us all from moaning and becoming frustrated; we know we cant have the ins and outs but just a brief update would be great. Kev could also support our media dept to stop embarrassing errors from occuring. Sadly we dont seem to be helping ourselves eg no comment from the club to the press story about our disabled fans. Kev - thoughts mate?

Re: Communication FAO Kev Ward

I like Kevin Ward. I have spoken to him a couple of times and we have exchanged emails.

You don't get to be editor of the South Wales Argus unless you are media savvy. Whatever the truth may be, the organization off the pitch at Newport County looks truly inept. Anyone with any degree of awareness knows that and for me it seems impossible that Kevin doesn't likewise see that.

For me whatever the truth may be, it can't be as bad as the continued 'ostrich convention' currently in place in our board room. I suppose if we were to learn that Messrs Sant', Collier and Sadler had in fact absconded with the £700,000 EFL grant and were last seen boarding an aeroplane to Rio de Janeiro at Heathrow, it might be as bad but I don't really buy that.

Time to come clean. This regime of omerta once made me angry. These days I find it boring and ever so slightly depressing.

Omerta is definately not the correct word to use Stan as that suggests direct or indirect involvement in illegal activity. However, all the clubs officials appear to be under the Newport County "Cone of Silence" for all those fans of the tv series "Get Smart".... The younger element may have to google that one....

Mr Figo wrote:Omerta is definately not the correct word to use Stan as that suggests direct or indirect involvement in illegal activity. However, all the clubs officials appear to be under the Newport County "Cone of Silence" for all those fans of the tv series "Get Smart".... The younger element may have to google that one....
I checked. You are right in that omerta was not the right word to use. But wrong in the reason you gave. Omerta in Italian directly translates as 'humility'. :shock:

Skate Exile wrote:Baladabadi, surely the club knows who has done sponsorship this year?

If this is not the case how are we even accounting anything we do?
I am sponsoring one of OB's kit this year.Becca said that Finance would invoice me,that was on July 17.I have yet to recieve an invoice.I don't buy a programme that often so can anyone who does,tell me OB's sponsors.Either they are a bit slow sending out invoices or the shirt was given to someone else.

Skate Exile wrote:Baladabadi, surely the club knows who has done sponsorship this year?

If this is not the case how are we even accounting anything we do?
Maybe people were pencilled in but were never invoiced??

Not sure if the Commercial Manager gave a handover before she left her position which has led to the confusion?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:Omerta is definately not the correct word to use Stan as that suggests direct or indirect involvement in illegal activity. However, all the clubs officials appear to be under the Newport County "Cone of Silence" for all those fans of the tv series "Get Smart".... The younger element may have to google that one....
I checked. You are right in that omerta was not the right word to use. But wrong in the reason you gave. Omerta in Italian directly translates as 'humility'. :shock:
Without splitting hairs - Omerta is (among the Mafia) a code of silence about criminal activity and a refusal to give evidence to the police. It is a variant of umiltà meaning ‘humility’

Mr Figo wrote:
Without splitting hairs - Omerta is (among the Mafia) a code of silence about criminal activity and a refusal to give evidence to the police. It is a variant of umiltà meaning ‘humility’
Don't try to outsmart me again. If you don't, that will be the end of the matter. If you do there is something you need to know. I have certain skills. I will look for you. I will find you. And I will kill you.