Re: FA Cup run adds £200k profit

Vital we play strong sides in all 3 cup competitions this season. If we are mid table we need to rest players in the league more than the cup. Dread to think what will happen this season if we don’t get a cup run because we have no kids coming through and all our best players are on one year contracts so we won’t be making money in transfer market.

JonD wrote:I think half a million a year is the generally accepted level of loss for League 2 sides. Frightening, of course, but you gotta pay to play.
Most chairmen mention the figure of £300k/ £350k as the general shortfall. We have had no real separate revenue steams, increased rent, yet some expect us to be challenging for promotion whilst making a profit and putting in less than £40k a year.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
JonD wrote:I think half a million a year is the generally accepted level of loss for League 2 sides. Frightening, of course, but you gotta pay to play.
Most chairmen mention the figure of £300k/ £350k as the general shortfall. We have had no real separate revenue steams, increased rent, yet some expect us to be challenging for promotion whilst making a profit and putting in less than £40k a year.
EXACTLY !
Just ask Luton . They get double our home crowds , they won promotion , but what has it cost them to get there ???

JonD wrote:I think the average loss, admittedly skewed by Luton and one other club (forgotten who) was 500K.

Edit: Notts Co, possibly.
Cambridge made a profit of £1.3m in 2014-15, because of two lucrative FA Cup ties with Manchester United, but have otherwise made losses of almost £1.7m since 2012.

Not to dissimilar to our spell back in the Football League considering what Les wrote off.