Re: August Board Meeting - Redacted Minutes

Evening all

Redacted notes that I produce from Board meetings since the new intake of Trust directors were elected can be found here https://www.newport-county.co.uk/fans/supporters-trust

I’m trying to redact as little as possible from the full minutes but there are almost always items and issues that cannot be shared as they are business-sensitive.

There was little to nothing that could be shared from July’s meeting, hence the absence of redacted notes.

However, most of these issues progressed well enough to be included in the August notes.

Hope that helps.

I only dip in and out of the message board from time to time but, as always, I can be contacted at kevin@kevinwardmedia.com or on 07824 472543.

Cheers

Kev Ward

Kevin Ward wrote:Evening all

Redacted notes that I produce from Board meetings since the new intake of Trust directors were elected can be found here https://www.newport-county.co.uk/fans/supporters-trust

I’m trying to redact as little as possible from the full minutes but there are almost always items and issues that cannot be shared as they are business-sensitive.

There was little to nothing that could be shared from July’s meeting, hence the absence of redacted notes.

However, most of these issues progressed well enough to be included in the August notes.

Hope that helps.

I only dip in and out of the message board from time to time but, as always, I can be contacted at kevin@kevinwardmedia.com or on 07824 472543.

Cheers

Kev Ward
Hello Kevin

Thanks for your contact details, although in the context of the Trust Board meeting minutes I'd prefer to reply to you here.

Regarding the July meeting, I'd suggest that even the most basic of minutes should be published to reflect that the meeting did take place, during which it would have been confirmed that both Neil and Simon had resigned from the Board ?(no reference to the resignations in the June minutes and no reference in the August minutes).

It is clear that several of us have taken minutes and chaired meetings during our careers - I was always minded to publish a record, even if only to confirm the date, venue, attendees and apologies.

Hi

Just to clarify: it is not the minutes of the meeting that is being published; it is redacted notes from the minutes. Full minutes are properly recorded, approved etc as you would expect from your experience as a chair and as I would expect from mine in similar roles over the last 20-odd years. However, they are not published in full for the reasons already explained.

There is a reference to director resignations in the published August notes. It's at the end of the AOB section.

I'm not bothered how people reply to me - I've simply given alternative contact options as I may not always see replies on here. I've no problem at all if anyone wanted to post here any response I give via email or other means.

I'm now away for a long weekend but, as always, available on email or mobile.

Let's hope we carry Tuesday night's form to Exeter on Saturday.

Cheers

Kev Ward

With £700,000 from the cup run , the money received from player sales , increased gates and the highest ever number of season tickets sold since we were formed we only make a small profit.
Doesn't look very good for the future unless the BOD have plugged the gaps that money seems to be peeing out of the club.

MF has a smaller budget for this season too doesn't he ?

neilcork68 wrote:With £700,000 from the cup run , the money received from player sales , increased gates and the highest ever number of season tickets sold since we were formed we only make a small profit.
Doesn't look very good for the future unless the BOD have plugged the gaps that money seems to be peeing out of the club.

And in three years how much exactly have the owners stumped up?

Well... expensive business running a football club. At least we'll only be £300k in the hole next year. Hopefully Amond maintains his form. :shock:

Guessing the cost of paying off the numerous previous managers' contracts might have been involved, as well as the oft-mooted gamble in Jan 2016 that kept us in the division which will have had knock-on effects with bonuses (you'd think).

Smaller squad and the rumoured reduced Labadie offer all make a lot more sense now though.

Kevin Ward wrote:Evening all

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Kev Ward

Kev, the point I was making is that redacted or not, there are no minutes of a meeting that two board members resigned. I admit that I missed the reference to all three in the August minutes, although I am surprised that the resignation of Board members elected by Trust members were covered merely as a thank you in AOB - surely the reasons for resignations should be recorded without any redaction.

I will leave it at that as I get the gut feel that two questions is one too many.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:With £700,000 from the cup run , the money received from player sales , increased gates and the highest ever number of season tickets sold since we were formed we only make a small profit.

Spot on. So let's get some new ones with deeper pockets. Isn't rocket science, is it?

rncfc wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

Spot on. So let's get some new ones with deeper pockets. Isn't rocket science, is it?
What are your thoughts on conditions of engagement, bearing in mind they would be taking control of a club that had a huge injection of free cash, is virtually debt free and has a guaranteed FL income stream? I was thinking of full reimbursement/buy back of the Community Shares at least? If a JV is agreed then I'd like to see a Not For Profit version, whereby any net income is retained in trust to feed the operational budget, or even invested on behalf of the club? If these long awaited 'local businessmen' really are football people with the club at heart it would be interesting to see if their interest evaporates when there's no personal profit to be made?

rncfc wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

What a simple solution, who do you envisage stepping up to the plate with said deeper pockets?