Re: Oxford home league cup round 2

Club Shop closed today (Bank Hol Monday)
Back in work tomorrow , so will have to get 2 Hazell Terrace tickets about an hour before kick off . How muck will they be ???

Ps .... I've got a season ticket and I'm still not sure how much tomorrow will cost ?!!

BTW ..... Stan gets a ban , then comes back for a week , and now he's bang quiet again ?

Re: Oxford home league cup round 2

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Micheal wrote:19 quid strange about stan prob banned again do you know what a bassey is?
I'm only guessing, but i'm assuming it is a referal to Shirley Bassey who is renowned for her over the top diva like strops.
Something i can personally testify to.

Well done that man Kardiff fans

Remember the old joke how do you keep an idiot in suspense

I will tell you tomorrow

Re: League Cup Tuesday

George Street-Bridge wrote:Tempted to give Pipe and Crofts a go but I wouldn't change the keeper for this one as it could go to penalties.

Sorry, but wtf has it going to penalties got to do with playing Day instead of Townsend?
I'm a huge Joe Day fan but he has only saved 1 penalty for us since he's been here...

So, despite the fact his penalty saving record for us is poor, the fact he saved his last one (which was a crap pen in fairness) means you'd keep him in just in case it goes to penalties? Okie dokie.

Personally I'd go with Townsend as he played in the last round and he needs competitive games to provide a challenge to Joe.

Usually I'd be saying rest and rotate, but best available side without risking anyone is my preference for this, a decent 3rd Round opponent might make a dent in the funding shortfall (even if it is a midweek game) and we need all of those we can get.

We've got 40 more opportunities to pick up league points, only one to get into the EFL Cup 3rd Round.