Re: Interesting ...... or no ???

Exile 1976 wrote:I know that there are numerous times last season that the the WRU made us pay 1/3 of the cost of 'upgrades' to Rodders that had no monetary value or incentive to Newort County whatsoever
I don't doubt that for a minute, I also don't doubt that some of those charges are amongst the ones we dispute are payable.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
rdh2210 wrote:My worry with them building a new stand would be Newport County would be responsible for a third of that cost and there rent put up due to the "upgrade of facilities clause"
Instead of giving a freebie to the WRU, the land should come with a strict covenant of safeguarding professional sport for both codes at Rodney Parade
So are you saying this contract means we have to pay a 1/3 towards upgrading a facility we do not own and could be still kicked out in 4 years?

He didn't say that. He said the WRU would put the rent up and would use the contract to say that as they had improved the facilities we would be liable to funding that cost.

Now if the WRU take out a loan/mortgage over say a fifty year period, Newport County would be liable for one third of the repayments. For however long we remain as licensees at Rodney Parade.

That's how I read it anyway.
Thanks Stan - Yes that's exactly what I was saying :cheers:

I see West Ham are having problems with their Landlords who are refusing to reinstate their honours board in a row over maintenance charges.

A statement from the Hammers chief read: “For the second year running E20 have attempted to hold us to ransom and force us to pay a fee we are not liable for.

“The club simply cannot continue to yield to paying invented invoices year after year.

“We are frustrated and angry that our landlords should act in this underhand way and we will not hesitate to take a legal route to confirm our rights under the tenancy agreement.”

I wonder if we are experiencing similar disputes.