Re: club for sale ?

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:The line in the BBC article that states:

Newport County held Tottenham Hotspur to a 1-1 draw in the FA Cup fourth-round in January to earn a Wembley replay

Should really read:

Tottenham Hotspur held Newport County to a 1-1 draw in the FA Cup fourth-round in January to earn a Wembley replay
Agreed. They were lucky. Kane is a *****. Definite push on Labs in the 6 yd box from the corner for their goal. We should never forget that. I won't.

pembsexile wrote:

Newport County held Tottenham Hotspur to a 1-1 draw in the FA Cup fourth-round in January to earn a Wembley replay

Should really read:

Tottenham Hotspur held Newport County to a 1-1 draw in the FA Cup fourth-round in January to earn a Wembley replay
Agreed. They were lucky. Kane is a *****. Definite push on Labs in the 6 yd box from the corner for their goal. We should never forget that. I won't.
Potentially made a whole load more money by having a replay at Wembley than winning then drawing a championship side in the next round

allontheamber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Should really read:

Potentially made a whole load more money by having a replay at Wembley than winning then drawing a championship side in the next round
We drew a League One side in the next round.

Amberexile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:The game was on tv as well
If we hadn't drawn and had a replay at wembley, the game wouldn't have been on TV.

I'm sure it would have because we would have been the lowest ranked team left in the competition and had just beaten one of the tv companies 'favourite teams'......BBC Wales would have covered it anyway.
Didn't the BOD say we hardly made any money from the Wembley replay after all the costs had come out, (maybe just the TV money) ???

neilcork68 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
If we hadn't drawn and had a replay at wembley, the game wouldn't have been on TV.

I'm sure it would have because we would have been the lowest ranked team left in the competition and had just beaten one of the tv companies 'favourite teams'......BBC Wales would have covered it anyway.
Didn't the BOD say we hardly made any money from the Wembley replay after all the costs had come out, (maybe just the TV money) ???
Wembley take a cut from each Spurs game, sure it was mentioned that we made more at the home game because of it.

neilcork68 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

There were much better options for BBC and BT. If we had won the first match it was Rochdale or Milwall v County.
BBC Wales would have waited until after the Rochdale replay to make a decision. I can't see them wetting themselves with excitement about Dale v County when they could have had Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea.

neilcork68 wrote:
penycwm county wrote:Did I miss this yesterday ?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44255428

Hopefully some rich American , Russian or Arab businessman will see this report and buy into the club......

hasnt the guy just sold, or is the process of selling his share in Arsenal for £350,000,000 ( Can't spell his name :wink: ) ...Maybe he could buy us :lol:

Perhaps some American from Washington will take us over

Oh wait a minute :?

allontheamber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Should really read:

Didn't Spurs waive their share of the Rodney Parade gate receipts in return for us providing more away tickets?